Cruizer's Inside/Outside CFL Soil Growing Experience

A bit of an update. I have learned there is a learning curve to watering peat moss. So unfortunately I lost 2 plants of unknown gender to over watering and not enough airflow getting into the pots. Three of the plants are still recovering and the one that has impressed me the most is Pandora! She's the one that has the branches coming out of the cotolydons. I took her out of the pot and cut off 1/3 of her roots, then put some fresh peat moss that I mixed with a little water back into the pot and then her with the roots I cut off with a large kitchen knife on top of that soil. I figured what do I have to lose, and I get to see how they recover. You can still see some of the damage. :thanks:

20150520_144706_1_.jpg
20150520_144801_1_.jpg
20150520_144813_1_.jpg
20150520_145025_1_.jpg
20150520_144925_1_.jpg

Hey cruiser if you ever have any other computer problems hit me up - I can probably answer all your technical questions and walk you through how to fix any issues you might encounter.

I really gotta learn to shape my plants like you guys. So many acronyms used in all these posts. I should probably start with a bible instead of forum posts and read from page 1 through to the end.

I love the shape to that plant of yours.... but this is by far my favourite scrog. OMG that one is sexy.

I know what you mean, I have a Black Lab/ Doberman mix she's a great girl! Gonna take her to the beach tomorrow morning. I like those solo cups, i tried it with a couple one gallons and it wasn't working when i wanted to do a flush, I made a mess. lol I still have the pot i cut the bottom out of. Now instead of doing it that way I prune the roots and drop it back into the same pot with fresh soil on the bottom. Done it on 2 plants so far with positive results. Sets em back a week but they come back full force, i've learned. Back to the tequila, Jajajaja

Plants are doing great! and :thanks: to everyone who stops by.
Here's some new addition to the grow: Unknown Mexican weed
20150525_235358_1_.jpg
20150525_235350_1_.jpg

I transplanted this unknown into a bigger pot and glad I did because I couldn't get it out of the solo cup and had to cut it off. The roots were stuck to the bottom and I ended up pruning them with scissors before the transplant. I topped her yesterday at the 3rd node because i want to give the mainline flux a try. My question: Is she sitting to high in the pot for it to work?
20150525_175749_1_.jpg

Here's Pandora:
20150525_175910_1_.jpg
:yahoo: It's a GIRL! :party::yummy:

Plants are coming along.
I blended a bunch of brown egg shells and put some of that powder in the plant mix before transplanting the little ones. Not much else going on, so here's a few pics.
IMG_20150529_161637.jpg
IMG_20150529_161322.jpg
IMG_20150529_161455.jpg
IMG_20150529_161220.jpg
IMG_20150529_161018.jpg
IMG_20150529_161446.jpg

:thanks: for stopping by.

Thanks! I figured out it's possible to recover plants by root pruning. I also put tons of air holes into the sides of the pots. I haven't ph'd any water. And only watering just enough, i don't want to have another set back with compacted soil.

Another surprise today: It's a GIRL! :partyboy::cheer: Also is it Ruderalis? check out the 3 fan leaves and how short it is.
IMG_20150529_161322.jpg
IMG_20150529_161220.jpg

Thanks! I figured out it's possible to recover plants by root pruning. I also put tons of air holes into the sides of the pots. I haven't ph'd any water. And only watering just enough, i don't want to have another set back with compacted soil.

Another surprise today: It's a GIRL! :partyboy::cheer: Also is it Ruderalis? check out the 3 fan leaves and how short it is.

Congrats on the girl. Interesting leaf structure. I know young plants will start out with 3 leaves but will add a couple leaflets as they mature. Indica doms I tend to grow have 5 to 7 leaflets. With some of the hybrids I think you can get up to 9 leaflets.

I did remove all the main fan leaves, so these new big ones are the fan leaves? They look almost silky and could tear easily.
So far I have root pruned 3 plants with success and the 4th one I may do over because it's taking forever to Green Up! (bitches) Hahaha get it?

First, I just want to say I've never been in a MJ Disp.

So I woke up this morning and was making coffee and thinking about MJ Dispensaries because I've been watching American Weed and Pot Barons of Colorado. I was wondering how as a consumer do we know what is exactly in that jar the workers are pulling the buds out of? I mean, there are so many different kinds, what's to say they aren't putting something of less quality in there and calling it top shelf? I know you just gotta trust them, but for the amount of money it costs for an ounce? it better be for real.

RO + epsom, watered plants last night.

Primary and secondary fan leaves.

Primary on stem, secondary on branches.

Then you have sugar leaves, which trichomes grow on.

I've only known ruderalis to be used for the autoflowering trait, not for leaf structure. I'd just give it more light :) It's my answer to everything lol. But I think with more light/time she'll pop a few more leaflets.

I want to put a couple plants into 12/12 flower and was wanting to know if I could put the plants under a large blue plastic tote bin or a large cardboard box for the dark period, Or will it cause problems? I'm going to run a mix if 6500K and 2700k and keep them in with the veg plants and pull them out at 10pm, then under the lights again at 10am. Any ideas? Thoughts?

I want to put a couple plants into 12/12 flower and was wanting to know if I could put the plants under a large blue plastic tote bin or a large cardboard box for the dark period, Or will it cause problems? I'm going to run a mix if 6500K and 2700k and keep them in with the veg plants and pull them out at 10pm, then under the lights again at 10am. Any ideas? Thoughts?

Interesting. I am curious to why you would do that. I am not saying you can't. If you know the strain well, size it will grow, ect... and had the right size box :hmmmm:

But I think you may run into some problems.

What comes to mind... Less are movement in the box could lead to some type of mold issues. Potentially forgetting to place the plants in the box may lead to stress issues, hermie?

Would it be possible to put them in a room with a fan vs. a box? Better air movement at least.

I am guessing you want to do this to incorporate the 6500K spectrum. Honestly all you need is the 2700K. Maybe you only have one room that you can hook your lights up in?

But when it comes down to it, You have to do what you have to do. And I wish you the best :goodluck:

Thanks Scar, I only have one room and need to separate them somehow. I prefer to run more 2700k than 6500k in flower, I suppose i need to buy a cabinet, ugh! or i can put them in my bedroom during their dark period with a fan, hmmm. I guess there's no way around it, I'm going to need another setup, Lol. Or I flower everything at once, but I don't know if they are male/females though and that would be risky.

Back
Top Bottom