Cure-Jar burping once a day for first 1-2 weeks question

vyserage

So if i got a bit late in jarring my bud and the humidity reading inside is 55% at jarring (in 1 quart mason jars)and 56% 24 hrs later, should i risk burping and losing that humidity inside? I've ordered some bovida packs (i ran out) and will put them in those jars as soon as they come in but for now, i know once it hits 55% and under the cure is over so i NEARLY overdried it. I know i can rehydrate them but its the curing i want it doing at its best.

Why is it said to burp for the first 2 weeks for a couple minutes each day? Air exchange?

So if i got a bit late in jarring my bud and the humidity reading inside is 55% at jarring (in 1 quart mason jars)and 56% 24 hrs later, should i risk burping and losing that humidity inside? I've ordered some bovida packs (i ran out) and will put them in those jars as soon as they come in but for now, i know once it hits 55% and under the cure is over so i NEARLY overdried it. I know i can rehydrate them but its the curing i want it doing at its best.

Why is it said to burp for the first 2 weeks for a couple minutes each day? Air exchange?

Depends on how much dry they were when you put in jar. If they were already well dried (almost smokable) you don't need to burp as humidity of jars may help them not to finish drying faster. During the cure the buds keep drying but at slowest way. But the buds need to have a minimum amount of humidity for the cure to work. If they are already fry crispy cure will not make any miracle

I treat buds like my Cuban cigars
They need a specific humidity for long term storage
Initially the buds go into the mason jars hot
or at slightly higher humidity than optimal
opening the lid each day allows lower humidity air to get in there and equalize
at some point you want your buds in the jar to be at 62% humidity for long term storage
62% is just my go to... you may want another variable

Yes. The whole idea is to slowly get it to the final moisture content over time. Like anything with growing, don't go 'by the book', go by what's in your jar. Once it's close, just open and close the jar without letting it sit and then the same, but less often, like once a week until you hit target then they can be stored indefinitely.

Okay sounds like the purpose of burping is to drop it down from like 69% to 65% and throw a boveda pack in there as i have been doing. From that point on it'll eventually drop to 62% and hold for up to 6 months where i wanna freeze it or so for long term storage. So the answer to my question would be to not burp since im already below the desired RH (62% boveda packs).

I didnt expect the harvest i had and barely had enough mason jars while lacking a good 8-10 packets needed. Was just curious about the burping process for fresh air exchange. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom