Buds left in jar for two weeks without burping

My grow partner left a pound of buds stored in a curing jar for two weeks without burping the jar. He basically used the curing jar to store the buds. My question is what kind of damage has that done to the buds?
Just look for mold, if they were pretty dry to start with, there shouldn't be any issues..
Edit:
That must be a big jar to get a pound of bud in. Not recommended, squeezing all that in at the same time. The stuff at the bottom wont cure properly or store and you are inviting mold

Yep depends on how dry it was, how long it has been cured already etc....if cured a month or so and close to what RH% most people use it at it's probably fine, as said if it smells moldy then may be an issue. Burping and how long your burp and how often you burp, is one of those areas on cannabis growing where folks don't always agree with each other ;) (and you could probably do a blind test with neutral parties and they couldn't tell which is which from two different procedures for curing ;) :rofl: ).

Just look for mold, if they were pretty dry to start with, there shouldn't be any issues..
Edit:
That must be a big jar to get a pound of bud in. Not recommended, squeezing all that in at the same time. The stuff at the bottom wont cure properly or store and you are inviting mold
Actually more like 10 x OZ's per jar. No problems with mold because it was dry to start with.

I put the 10 x OZ's into 7L jars, these jars...

I assumed it would cure right through from top to bottom.

Yep depends on how dry it was, how long it has been cured already etc....if cured a month or so and close to what RH% most people use it at it's probably fine, as said if it smells moldy then may be an issue. Burping and how long your burp and how often you burp, is one of those areas on cannabis growing where folks don't always agree with each other ;) (and you could probably do a blind test with neutral parties and they couldn't tell which is which from two different procedures for curing ;) :rofl: ).
Well it didn't cure at all, it was just left in a 7L jar for two weeks without burping.

I know enzymes and aerobic bacteria produce carbon dioxide and will die without oxygen, so there must have been a build up of carbon dioxide in the jar over that two week period as the enzymes and aerobic bacteria broke down sugars and starches. That's where I'm wondering if I have a problem - no enzymes and bacteria to help with for the curing process because they are all dead?

Well it didn't cure at all, it was just left in a 7L jar for two weeks without burping.

I know enzymes and aerobic bacteria produce carbon dioxide and will die without oxygen, so there must have been a build up of carbon dioxide in the jar over that two week period as the enzymes and aerobic bacteria broke down sugars and starches. That's where I'm wondering if I have a problem - no enzymes and bacteria to help with for the curing process because they are all dead?

If the RH% wasn't/isn't below like 55 you probably fine even if you haven't done whatever you normally do from the start. Like I said one of them areas where schools of thought differ, some daily for month some do first week and then 1 a week, and street stuff and even legal dispesary stuff is rarely cured at all "properly". So one of them IMHO things ;) but as long as it not too wet or too dry (55-65% RH) it's not as big a deal as folks make it out to be. Same as some of the other things folks do like darkness for so long before chop or sticking a screw into stalk etc...I can grow stuff that knocks your socks off and I don't do any of that, so in my opinion Genetics and Environment affect quality the most.

If the RH% wasn't/isn't below like 55 you probably fine even if you haven't done whatever you normally do from the start. Like I said one of them areas where schools of thought differ, some daily for month some do first week and then 1 a week, and street stuff and even legal dispesary stuff is rarely cured at all "properly". So one of them IMHO things ;) but as long as it not too wet or too dry (55-65% RH) it's not as big a deal as folks make it out to be. Same as some of the other things folks do like darkness for so long before chop or sticking a screw into stalk etc...I can grow stuff that knocks your socks off and I don't do any of that, so in my opinion Genetics and Environment affect quality the most.
Ooooh!! Sticking a screw in the stalk! That's a new one on me.. what's all that about then?

Ooooh!! Sticking a screw in the stalk! That's a new one on me.. what's all that about then?
Not gonna call out folks, it's on here somewhere on the Forums ;) :rofl: To me it is a "find what works for you, and stick with it" or a "experiment with it yourself as many times it's how we learn in life".....but I rarely grow the same Strain twice in a row, so hard to do any sort of "real science" to form any basis on. I was just saying I don't do a lot of the things some people do and my stuff turns out fine to me and to the folks I give it to (as legally I can give it away up to possession limit), that or they just being nice cus it's free ;) :rofl::rofl: but kinda doubt that as the last two I grew kicked like a freaking mule.

Not gonna call out folks, it's on here somewhere on the Forums ;) :rofl: To me it is a "find what works for you, and stick with it" or a "experiment with it yourself as many times it's how we learn in life".....but I rarely grow the same Strain twice in a row, so hard to do any sort of "real science" to form any basis on. I was just saying I don't do a lot of the things some people do and my stuff turns out fine to me and to the folks I give it to (as legally I can give it away up to possession limit), that or they just being nice cus it's free ;) :rofl::rofl: but kinda doubt that as the last two I grew kicked like a freaking mule.
I'm totally behind you on that. We all have different methods and styles, but if the end product is good quality, we are all doing something right.
I experiment with things. Like you said, it's how we learn. Even down to watering a plant. There's some great material on here instructing you how do that, but my methods is different, but it works well..
Oh!! They were probably just being nice because it was free :laugh: ;)
Thanks for the reply.im off to find this "screwy" thread.

Well that's a relief. Last night I was getting all annoyed about it. Yeah RH sits at around 65%. Thanks:)

Well that's a relief. Last night I was getting all annoyed about it. Yeah RH sits at around 65%. Thanks:)
Get below 55% and some feel the curing stops and you can't start it again....65% higher than I smoke it at but never had any at that or lower mold on me, so if was above that I would lower it is all.

And besides stressing out over it defeats it's purpose to me ;) :rofl:

Get below 55% and some feel the curing stops and you can't start it again....65% higher than I smoke it at but never had any at that or lower mold on me, so if was above that I would lower it is all.

And besides stressing out over it defeats it's purpose to me ;) :rofl:
I'll check the RH tonight. My last batch started at 75% before going down gradually to 65%. A lot of these buds had to get mold cut out because it's real wet and humid where I'm at so lots of mold spores in the jars for mold to kick off. I'm only guessing here, but I think RH has to be 80%-90% before mold problems start. I suspect botrytis really needs a high RH point to rear it's ugly head.

Yeah I do stress out over stuff like this, I can't help it.

Back
Top Bottom