Cuttings - Effect on yield

Walrus

Hi,

I have a question regarding taking cuttings and removing effectively bud sites. I have trained my plants and have many potential bud sites on each and they are currently starting week 2 of 12/12, no pre flowers or stretch yet.

I promised a friend a few cuttings and forgot and now he is asking for them, I want to say yes but am worried about whether it would affect my yield so after all of that....

Is it the case that if I remove a few branches from each plant the remainder will yield a little more due to less sites or will removing them likely end up costing me some yield?

Yes...Look up Lollipoping for increased yield. It is a technique stolen from apple farmers. It does wonders for yield. You get rid of all those pesky popcorn buds and all the energy stays above the canopy.

If you SCROG it is a must to lollipop during stretch.

:Namaste:

Ok thanks so assumption is taking four or five branches should be no issue then?

I haven't scrog but lst with some topping so I have a lot of roughly even tops on each plant maybe 15 or so. I would likely take two branches from the best two of my four plants.

Cheers

Excellent read, thanks, I only need to take a couple and will remove smaller branches. I am just planning to cut them off and give them to him immediately and he can take it from there.

Hopefully he will sort me out a smoke in a few months time too!

Back
Top Bottom