Dain Bramage's African Safari Grow 2010

Well it looks like We do have a grow report for today found plants i am vegging to be very light not dried out but in need of a watering so I took the time to feed them
1/2 Tbsp of the alasken fish fert. per gal.
120 ml. advanced B-52 per 5 gal.
36 ml advanced wet betty per 5 gal.
1/2 Tsp Dark Energy per gal.
1/2 Tsp Liquid compost per gal.

Going to work on loading some pic's be back latter...peace

Hay folk's started to do some work on the rebuilding of my grow space.Pulled out all the old mylar and cleand with bleach and then sprayed safer soap all around.The new mylar i bought today is .3mil thick is that any good?Also instaled a bathroom exhuast fan very quiet.Need to tie it into the exhaust for the light's at one point.Still have to put up the new 16 inch ossilating fan and it is huge for my little grow box 38 x 58 x 60,tho we are going to be expanding it dooring this grow.Undrer that flowering chamber I keep a T-5 light bank with 8 bulb's 48 in.Thay take cair of my plant's vegging need's.Plants just dont seem to strech under them.The average space between node's is about 1 and 1/2 inches with vigerous side growth.From the floor to the light's is only 24 inches so the short 3 gal. smart pot's have worked out perfect for this grow.The T-5 light's also warm the root zone of the plants growing above them.This means the plants take more water but also more exsess salt's from the nutes are flushed out between feedings.Plants can also be feed more often.Oh dinner is here got to go peace

been staying busy with these spider mites in my grow room.Have neem oil and a new pump sprayer to use.
rsz_afc_10-13-10_00spr.jpg

will pick a plant to test on,let's hope it work's.been going over plant's one at a time and removing any leaves that show damage.This may have me cutting down the amount of plant's i try to grow this time around.Oh this sux.

Thanx for the luck smoky but this kid need's W.M.D. so I got the new sprayer and let me tell you it is a big step up.Just hold the trigger and she keeps spraying a constint stream or a fine mist.As a fine stream it has the force to knock the mites right off the plant's,even cut threw the leaves.Spraying in a finer mist then i thought posible it can cover the whole plant in a fog of neem oil.The nossel is fully adjustible and that makes covering the bottom of the leaves a snap.It also has a telascoping arm(if thats the right word) that would allow you to get well into the canopy of a large plant.

The neem oil I am using is EINSTEIN OIL the label say's it is a first-extraction,cold pressed pure neem oil.Useing 1tsp per qt. of water and will be misting every three to five day's.Took the five smallest plant's to test run this on and moved them from under the lights.Thats all for nw ...peace

KNOW YOUR ENEMY...spent some time talking and reading today about these mites,and now have the outline of a plan of attack as well as defence.These pest's thrive in warm dry temp's,like in my garden.Will be getting coolder here at night so will change my light cycle from p.m to a.m as well as keeping the humidity up by misting the plant's three times a day as well as keeping the smart pot's sides damp with misting as well.What I need to do is keep the temp down under 80 degrees and push the humidity above 60 percent for a while.

Got this to keep track of the heat and humidity
rsz_afc_10-13-10_thr.jpg

Test plant's did not die,but the neem dose not kill the bug's right away like when you use bug spray.Right now the outbrake is controlled and with the attack plan I have thay should be gone in 7 to 14 day's.I still need to come up with a plan of defence so we dont have this happen again.

Read in another grow about some one else trying to use older seed stock with out much luck so i am not going to doing much cloneing and will be growing out my seed collection.

Test plant's did not die,but the neem dose not kill the bug's right away like when you use bug spray.Right now the outbrake is controlled and with the attack plan I have thay should be gone in 7 to 14 day's.I still need to come up with a plan of defence so we dont have this happen again.

Read in another grow about some one else trying to use older seed stock with out much luck so i am not going to doing much cloneing and will be growing out my seed collection.

I built a new grow room this year and inspected and treated all clones and still ended up with SM. Before my second grow (just went into flower mode) I completely cleaned and sprayed grow room and still got SM. My personal cours of treatment is to spay every 10 days. Neem takes awhile to work because it mostly makes them stop eating. I would suggest clones (feminized) since the time and effort of growing your plants, only to find out their dude's, means less medicine.

I built a new grow room this year and inspected and treated all clones and still ended up with SM. Before my second grow (just went into flower mode) I completely cleaned and sprayed grow room and still got SM. My personal cours of treatment is to spay every 10 days. Neem takes awhile to work because it mostly makes them stop eating. I would suggest clones (feminized) since the time and effort of growing your plants, only to find out their dude's, means less medicine.

thanx placerville but the thing is i have the seed's already and don't have a place to get clones.Will be blasting with water to try and knock some off today.Have put a stocking soaked in undiluted safer soap over the air in take,but that is in the closet of another room not out side so i never hade it covered befor.I also opened the windows in that room to get the cold night air to in to help make life hard on them.Those are the first steps of my defence plane.

The seven plants in the flowering box are streching now and looking more like the sativa's thay are ment to be.The plant's under the t-5 light's are maxing out on room and six or seven of them are ready for flowering.Will have pic's up later of thing's so thats all for now folk's... peace from the beach:surf:

Have to read my post a little closer, a few spelling errors (I did ride the short bus to english class), I have a 10 month old plant that I started inside and moved outside when the weather warmed up. I planted it on it side and the branches are 7 feet off the ground, massive cola's, sorry no pictures (again I rode the short bus when it comes to anything more than search, type, and print from the computer.

Thanx for the luck smoky but this kid need's W.M.D. so I got the new sprayer and let me tell you it is a big step up.Just hold the trigger and she keeps spraying a constint stream or a fine mist.As a fine stream it has the force to knock the mites right off the plant's,even cut threw the leaves.Spraying in a finer mist then i thought posible it can cover the whole plant in a fog of neem oil.The nossel is fully adjustible and that makes covering the bottom of the leaves a snap.It also has a telascoping arm(if thats the right word) that would allow you to get well into the canopy of a large plant.

The neem oil I am using is EINSTEIN OIL the label say's it is a first-extraction,cold pressed pure neem oil.Useing 1tsp per qt. of water and will be misting every three to five day's.Took the five smallest plant's to test run this on and moved them from under the lights.Thats all for nw ...peace

Where did you get the sprayer, make,model? Looks like a great addition to my equipment and will make my job easier.

Where did you get the sprayer, make,model? Looks like a great addition to my equipment and will make my job easier.

I got it at a local hydro store but the name is of it is SOLO one-hand sprayer with telescoping wand model#420(no joke look at the web cite yourself to see).The box has a web address Solo - equipment for all seasons and a phone number as well(757)245-4228.I like that thay sell spair parts incase somthing brakes well I hope this help's

I got it at a local hydro store but the name is of it is SOLO one-hand sprayer with telescoping wand model#420(no joke look at the web cite yourself to see).The box has a web address Solo - equipment for all seasons and a phone number as well(757)245-4228.I like that thay sell spair parts incase somthing brakes well I hope this help's

Thanks DB, I have a few questions so I will call in the AM, Thanks and high 5 to successful and potent grow.

Well today started off just wrong.While gertting the plants in the flowering box ready to be treated to a neam oil shower I broke the top of the plant off...ugggg...will try to salvage it by cloning it but man what a f*** up.

seeing how much the other plant's streched when thay were put up for buding I am going to start flowering them under the T-5 light's.thats all for now... peace:surf:

The cool weather and constint spraying of water along with the neem oil has done a good job of removeing the mite's from my grow.Plant's are healthy looking but tall and lanky.These plant's want to reach up to the sun.If I have too I can move them into a closet that is not as wide but is much taller.After brakeing off the top of one plant i am going to be a lot less agressive in how i try to train my plants.

The cool weather and constint spraying of water along with the neem oil has done a good job of removeing the mite's from my grow.Plant's are healthy looking but tall and lanky.These plant's want to reach up to the sun.If I have too I can move them into a closet that is not as wide but is much taller.After brakeing off the top of one plant i am going to be a lot less agressive in how i try to train my plants.

Look at it this way DB you now have two tops.

Look at it this way DB you now have two tops.

thanx placerville good way to look at thing's.Just smoked a bowl of keif I made with a silk screen(110 micron from hobby/art supplyer) taste like hash but clean of any of the B.S thay may add when making it.High has an up fealing,enrgetic,body high.Very eazy too make everyone should do it.Used the lose bottom buds and trim.Just like when you make bubble hash I put everything into the frezer for 48 hour's.Put a peace of glass(old storm window)under under the frame(20x18)it to collect the keif.The stuff came out blonde with a little green tint to it.For me this is way eazer and less of a production than making bubble hash or hash oil(as well as safer).That's it for now....peace:surf:

thanx placerville good way to look at thing's.Just smoked a bowl of keif I made with a silk screen(110 micron from hobby/art supplyer) taste like hash but clean of any of the B.S thay may add when making it.High has an up fealing,enrgetic,body high.Very eazy too make everyone should do it.Used the lose bottom buds and trim.Just like when you make bubble hash I put everything into the frezer for 48 hour's.Put a peace of glass(old storm window)under under the frame(20x18)it to collect the keif.The stuff came out blonde with a little green tint to it.For me this is way eazer and less of a production than making bubble hash or hash oil(as well as safer).That's it for now....peace:surf:

Hash has always been my favorite smoke. I remember the old days with napalize templeball, napalize finger hash, soles of lebanese hash, those were the days. I also put my airbuds thru the keif box (I made a special one, 24" L X 18" W glass on both sides with 1" spacing between the screen (120 micron) and top and bottom glass)the bubble bag. I usually turn 1/2 my crop into hash. I am almost out with 4 weeks before harvest of my outside plants.

Hash has always been my favorite smoke. I remember the old days with napalize templeball, napalize finger hash, soles of lebanese hash, those were the days. I also put my airbuds thru the keif box (I made a special one, 24" L X 18" W glass on both sides with 1" spacing between the screen (120 micron) and top and bottom glass)the bubble bag. I usually turn 1/2 my crop into hash. I am almost out with 4 weeks before harvest of my outside plants.

NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT:hookah: used to get black afgani with a gold seal on it or if we were real good blond or red lebanese.People under a certin age don't have a taste for hash.Last year on vaction in Negril,all I smoked was hash,finger hash so fresh I thought it was fake.

Moved 8 more plant's to be flowerd for a totel of 15 female plant's budding.Have a few plants left under the T-5 lights and may get rid of them if i decide to use that light for flowering.The plants are in a closet undur a 430 watt HPS with a fan that looks more like an airplane propella than a fan.Need to put the mylar up this weekend and an exhaust fan in the closet.Well thats all for now....peace:surf:

Back
Top Bottom