Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Dark Devil Auto Day 44

DSC_46021.JPG

DSC_4604.JPG

Girl...... :love: :hug::hug: :love: So sorry to hear that. I wondered why you went quiet.

It tears at your heart, but I'm already past the grieving part and on to the interim stage. Sounds like you're of like mind. I have Study Hall work that's been calling for attention and I've a new grow to design and plan. I have lots of auto seeds.

I like to think all change has a purpose and if I can calm down fast enough I'll recognize it and move on. It really did feel like I was chopping my babies. It was an interesting day. I now have lots of CBD olive oil and 2# of cannabutter. Tomorrow I'll make some coconut oil and I hung five colas for tinctures. All in all it wasn't too bad. Still hurt like someone was slicing my gut open.

Hey there SS, you know the plants are still alive even tho you cut off the root apical meristem right? Chopping is very similar to the plant as topping is. They also know what you just did to them! They stay alive for quite some time, days actually, they eventually run out of nutrients/water, if it's humid and the RH is high they struggle for several days and stay alive.. not to worry they don't have a nervous system like us so don't feel pain. :Namaste:

It's all good without you they would have never lived and now they can live on thru you and :420: You take your meds and now they will live on with you. So don't let chopping get to you... same as topping, it's all the same to the plant.

I chop and hang the whole plant upside down until dry and then trim and jar. I guess you all doing extracts and whatnot don't need to wait??

OK I have a few pics my spring AUTO run is in full swing .. I have 9 Dark Cream and I think 10 DD and 10 CBG and a handful Blueberry Autos... so yeah a gaggle of autos. They are everywhere, hahaha.. I actually love growing them since they don't get big they are pretty much like house plants here but with better lighting! I've become quite the little auto grower.. I wish I could train and such but I'm way too lazy. It's easier to grow quality with quantity. I spend my valuable spare time on the bigger PHOTO girls!

Here's a few pics of the autos..no particular order:

Dark Devil growing in 12/12 in my Photo room

20160617_192611.jpg

Dark devil again

20160617_192602.jpg

Wait ... and again!

20160617_192554.jpg

This is where I spend most of my indoor garden time - she's purple does that still count!??

pics_06_13_2016_0091.JPG

Yeah BB, I'll allow that. :laughtwo: She is lovely. You thinking about entering her in a contest?

I decided I could fit two in the closet, so I'm planting another Dark Devil Auto tomorrow or Tuesday.

image13668.jpeg

Sorry there SS - had to throw pretty little lady in there. She's my little purple princess... day before chop today and she still is picture worthy which is very strange. Thanks for your understanding and pardon my boldness. :Namaste:

Now after reading how you're gut gets torn out when you chop... ummmm .... Kinda starting to feel that now that you mentioned it and it's a day before chop. dammit. Secretly I've been holding off. Ok I've been holding off cause she's my friend and now I'm going to have to part ways. I'm starting to feel your pain now. Good thing I chop in the AM when I'm still asleep mostly. I won't feel a thing! :laughtwo:

420-magazine-mobile1061495707.jpg
Day 37 for the taller one.
420-magazine-mobile592021366.jpg
and day 37 for the shorter more indica looking one. They're starting to smell like a sweet candy, almost like skittles haha.
420-magazine-mobile1407390280.jpg
420-magazine-mobile631390131.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Think I've got another lanky one on my hands....

dda2006.jpg

Got the EC up to about 1.0 adding nutes daily but some days she seems to use them as fast as I can add them. More nutes it is then:morenutes:

We're all going to be watching to see if this one turns out to be as resinous as the last one. :laughtwo:

I have another one coming along. :battingeyelashes: :love: Just two days old.

image13776.jpeg

image13777.jpeg

We're all going to be watching to see if this one turns out to be as resinous as the last one. :laughtwo:

Quite possibly it will....chances are in order to combat high temps I'll have to switch my light off and let humidity rocket and I gather it was that and the roots being wet all the time that caused the guttation last time. With high humidity and wet roots transpiration can't keep up and xylem sap ends up leaking out of pores. I've had it with other strains but nothing like as much as with DDA.

Those bits smoke like concentrates lol:cough:

DDA on the right......and the flowers are looking like they're gonna be purple again:high-five:

room2306.jpg

Quite possibly it will....chances are in order to combat high temps I'll have to switch my light off and let humidity rocket and I gather it was that and the roots being wet all the time that caused the guttation last time. With high humidity and wet roots transpiration can't keep up and xylem sap ends up leaking out of pores. I've had it with other strains but nothing like as much as with DDA.

Those bits smoke like concentrates lol:cough:

DDA on the right......and the flowers are looking like they're gonna be purple again:high-five:

room2306.jpg

:high-five: If it happens again we'll have a formula for replicating it, won't we? :woohoo:

I've a ? I have been experimenting with lights and can and have successfully 3 out of 5 times turned plants from germination into hermys. So the ? Is can a auto feminised seed turn hermy flower full of seed and pollen I took all seed flowers and as much pollen as possible twice and it's now reveging for the third time and it's new growth is all female no more hermy. How did I get it to loose the male traits?

Outdoor organics. Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

I just had a dose of that on another AUTO plant I just harvested. She was dripping sap and a lot of it and I harvested her at low RH then all of a sudden when she was just about ready to trim it got REAL humid like 90%RH and BANG - moldy mildew ..

I f-up, should have just trimmed and into jar before the humidity hit hard. AC would have helped but it was go to work come home to trim - PM/mold already set in.

It doesn't take long ... not the first time, I should have learned my lesson .. I'll probably do it again. I threw a zip into the worm bin. We will get it back in spades.. worms LOVE the trimmings.

20160623_192850.jpg

I just had a dose of that on another AUTO plant I just harvested. She was dripping sap and a lot of it and I harvested her at low RH then all of a sudden when she was just about ready to trim it got REAL humid like 90%RH and BANG - moldy mildew ..

I f-up, should have just trimmed and into jar before the humidity hit hard. AC would have helped but it was go to work come home to trim - PM/mold already set in.

It doesn't take long ... not the first time, I should have learned my lesson .. I'll probably do it again. I threw a zip into the worm bin. We will get it back in spades.. worms LOVE the trimmings.

20160623_192850.jpg

I'm loving all the little pots BB. Sorry to hear about the mold. You're right, you'll do it again someday. How dare we be human. :laughtwo:

420-magazine-mobile1311663093.jpg
nice updated picture at day 47. Getting super frosty and smells like candy

Sweet Eurofuzz. :high-five: It'll be two to three times thicker by the time you harvest. Looking really good. I miss that smell they have in deep flowering. I bury my nose in there all the time at that point. :laughtwo: One of the reasons I grow with an open closet is my love of the perfumes.

420-magazine-mobile1328574604.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1108966550.jpg
is my plant ready to be harvested I'm a first timer

Sent from my SM-G920T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is this a Dark Devil Auto? If not, what strain and how many days? From the picture your trichomes all look cloudy, which will give you a nice cerebral high. Is that what you're looking for?

It looks like you may be in your harvest window, but the precise "when" has many determining factors. These pictures don't give us enough information to help you make that clear determination.

- What kind of high are you looking for, if that's your intent at all?
- What ratio of your trichomes are amber?
- Are you getting any more waves of new pistils, or has new pistil development stopped for the most part?
- Has the plant stopped taking as much water?
- How badly do you need the harvest?

It looks like she's beginning to foxtail, another sign that you're in your harvest window. We call it a window because you have a lot of play with the timing.

Is this a Dark Devil Auto? If not, what strain and how many days? From the picture your trichomes all look cloudy, which will give you a nice cerebral high. Is that what you're looking for?

It looks like you may be in your harvest window, but the precise "when" has many determining factors. These pictures don't give us enough information to help you make that clear determination.

- What kind of high are you looking for, if that's your intent at all?
- What ratio of your trichomes are amber?
- Are you getting any more waves of new pistils, or has new pistil development stopped for the most part?
- Has the plant stopped taking as much water?
- How badly do you need the harvest?

It looks like she's beginning to foxtail, another sign that you're in your harvest window. We call it a window because you have a lot of play with the timing.

When you say its beginning to foxtail, what does that mean? Todays my 7week on my DDA's so im gonna need to start paying more attention next weekish for that harvest window also. And besides trichome color im not sure what to look for as well being a first time grower

When you say its beginning to foxtail, what does that mean? Todays my 7week on my DDA's so im gonna need to start paying more attention next weekish for that harvest window also. And besides trichome color im not sure what to look for as well being a first time grower

image594.png

This is a picture of another species, a THC Bomb Auto, but you can see here how the calyces begin to stack one on another like wheat? I believe it's an attempt by the plant to get the pistils out there as far as they can in hopes of being pollinated. By this time the system's beginning to panic that there aren't any seeds growing to carry on the genetics.

The Dark Devil Autos, in our experience, are slow to go to amber. I don't look for amber at all, unless it's to tell me to chop NOW!! There's a magical point with mine where the trichomes seem to go milky overnight. That's what I watch for. I'm usually two weeks or more past the breeder projections though.

Back
Top Bottom