Growing With The Devil - Perpetual Grow

I once tried to make plants turn by the use of light poisoning. only one out of 5 strains turned, and I gave them hell. So I am hoping my wrecks will be fine too. It's not a disaster if not - I could use the pollen. I do want to make seeds of this strain as it's the best strain I ever had in my rotation

I remember I told one of you that Canna Boost contains silica. While this is true, I gave some bad advice saying you probably won't need more silica in your reservoir than you get from the boost. I spoke to the hydro-shop-guy yesterday about this and he confirmed that boost contains silica, but not in the high amounts I thought, meaning you should use silica as well when you're growing hydro if you want to build thicker stems and reinforce cell walls. The hydro-shop-dude said that with extra silica my train wreck may not fall over the past two weeks of bloom.

I don't remember who of you I gave this bad advice, but I know you're reading my journal now and then so...

The hydro-shop-dude said that with extra silica my train wreck may not fall over the past two weeks of bloom.

It may help but the even on GHS site in the grow video they state that the plant needs support during flowering. It has been described other places as a plant with thin long almost vine like structure. If it works for you then that would be a plus. I am interested to see how mine turns out.

It may help but the even on GHS site in the grow video they state that the plant needs support during flowering. It has been described other places as a plant with thin long almost vine like structure. If it works for you then that would be a plus. I am interested to see how mine turns out.

I watched that video today and couldn't believe how informative they are about the strain! Its made me think about running it and following their exact regimen. They also had the best smoke by far in all of Amsterdam when I visited (and trust me I went to a LOT of places). I may try Arjan's recommended curing method on one of my plants about to come down. I'm sure you've seen the vid Devil, but if by some longshot you havent watched it already, give it a look over, its brilliant. And Arjan really knows good dope, seriously! ✌

I watched that video today and couldn't believe how informative they are about the strain! Its made me think about running it and following their exact regimen. They also had the best smoke by far in all of Amsterdam when I visited (and trust me I went to a LOT of places). I may try Arjan's recommended curing method on one of my plants about to come down. I'm sure you've seen the vid Devil, but if by some longshot you havent watched it already, give it a look over, its brilliant. And Arjan really knows good dope, seriously! ✌

What intruged me about all of there video's is there method of periodic flushing. From what I have read on the forums since I have been here nobody seems to subscribe to this method. Their PH is also low at 5.5. I will say that I have had issues getting their seeds to germinate with regularity unlike the Sensi and Nirvana seeds that pop withing 48 hours.

What intruged me about all of there video's is there method of periodic flushing. From what I have read on the forums since I have been here nobody seems to subscribe to this method. Their PH is also low at 5.5. I will say that I have had issues getting their seeds to germinate with regularity unlike the Sensi and Nirvana seeds that pop withing 48 hours.
I have actually heard of a lot of people that do periodic flushes and tweaks etc. A lot of growers use all kinds of tricks to boost yield. My understanding is that these flushes act as a way to 'stress' the plant a tiny bit in order to provoke a response, as the plant responds they dump a huge feed on it and boom, it explodes (also has added benefit of giving oxygen to roots and flushing away any salt build up)...kinda similar to the stick a nail through the main stem at the end trick, or like the 48hrs darkness before harvest, they are tricks to make the plant think its going to die and throw everything it can into growing the last little bit. In a way even a mid-flower (day 21 is most common) defoliation is similar...
All that said I might be way off, but thats how I understood it

I have not done the periodic flushing but pretty much everything else. Will try that a round to see if there is any difference

I did watch the video several times actually and will probably watch it again. Same applies to Jack Herer, which is doing great by the way. Especially one of them is growing fast and looking super healthy.

Think I killed most of my clones. Forgot them with the lid off under 800 watt of light. Think I fried them. Planted two that looks like they may survive. LOL.- Glad I harvested that KG because I have plenty of time for fuck-ups right now.

Anyway - Went to the hydro shop and bought that fancy Nutriculture cloner. The 40 site one. Put it together and am testing it now 24 hours to see how the water temp, humidity and all that end up being. They were sold out of those t5's that fit in the lid, but they'll give me a call as soon as they have them in stock. Cloning will be idiot-proof from here on. A Self contained cloning system. Having to move the clones from the kitchen to the grow-room because we had a straight visitor ended up in me losing most of them. So this is much better. Thinking if I put an aquarium heater in it, I can even clone in the cold garage

s-l1600.png

The t5's are named Sol-Digital HO - T5. They're 6500k and each gives 24 watts. That should allow to let the clones vegg in the system for a little while as well I believe.

Damn! After the system update I lost my cannabis connoisseur status. Now I am a well known member. so is most people I see. Well well - Nothing good last forever - lol

I guess I deserved that after frying almost 40 clones. This is gonna set me back a month. But as I planted those seeds I kinda see this more as an oppurtunity to really get to see which of the phenotypes are performing the best. Because only one will be with us into my next mass production scheme in the garage. I am planning to build another room. I'm gonna swim in cannabis eventually.

My policy of just giving my spare clones to growing friend's kinda helped me out today. One of my grower friend's had two huge train wreck plants and I took 40 new clones from those plants. Now they're in the new fancy cloning machine. Should be rooted around the time the 4 seedlings start beginning to get somewhere. Cool

How do i upload photos here?

24 hours later and the clones are looking like they were still attached to their mother. Like they did not even notice they were cut off. Water temps are keeping stabile around 23.5 degrees. Inside the some it is more like 24.5. Pretty good temps.

I noticed my friend's plant's have thrips though. That should be easy to treat as long as they are in the clones stage, but the mothers I'll have to dump. Can't put them into the grow-room. Don't want that shit spreading in there.

So first I gave them all a good dosage of pyrethrin. Will repeat treatment in a few days to get the eggs that will hatch. Then I will cover them with Diatomaceous earth as a third measure before I transplant them. Perhaps even while they're still in the cloner. That should get rid of the beasts

Then I want to ask you good people - The instructions on my nutriculture cloner says to let it spray 24/7 while many on cannabis forums use a 15 min on, 15 min off strategy. I saw someone only giving them 15 min two times per day. So I am a little uncertain what to do. Logically - if I give them too optimal conditions they will root slower as they won't even have to try to get to the water. So am doing the 15/15 thing now. That sounds logical to me no matter what the user manual is saying

Wonder where those came from? It's the middle of the winter and my friend only had a few plants which I gave him. So this is sort of a mystery. Didn't notice any insect damage on my previous grow. The clones I gave him is the same I'm growing in the garage right now. The ones I worry about going hermie. So where did those thrips come from? My friend grows in soil. I noticed the soil he used had bad bad drainage, the plants were also overwatered several times until I told him to stop doing that. Do they come with the soil sometimes? I never really had those so no clue. Just know they're not supposed to be hard to kill or anything like the dreaded spider-mites. I took a look in the microscope and the ones I found looks dead already. This spray is supposed to also get rid of the eggs, but I am not taking any chances. I will repeat the treatment in 2-3 days time and then I will do the D.E treatment before I transplant them.

Wow they bounced back quick. Now kill those bugs.

Yeah congrats on the new cloner and clones to put in it.... Spinosad will get rid of thrips pretty quick and they won't come back. You can spray the clones with it as well and the mothers - just be sure to spray the soil that's where the thrips are living.. then they sorta fly not very well but thats the adult stage.

I use Monterrey Garden spray..1-2 tbs 1/gal water and spray everything.

Thrips are peace of cake ....in comparo. IF still going to toss the mothers - ditch the soil they came with as well. Save yourself a headache. If thrips... good chance something more sinister lurking...

Can add a bunch of Silica to your spinosad spray ... win win...

Plants looking good !

Thanks so much. Been talking about getting that cloner since 2015. After they came with the lids fitted the t5 fixtures I was kinda sold. Just what I need. I think I will have to purchase one more of them for when the next room is ready

Back
Top Bottom