Growing With The Devil - Perpetual Grow

The fact all my plants came from just one bean is a good sign too. I just took a big chance with it. And I am so glad I did - It could have been a shitty pheno. I needed 32 clones for my first big hydro-grow, so that plant was chosen. I have 7 more seeds. Gonna get myself a little tent where I can grow out those 7 to compare with the pheno I have now. Perhaps I can find a even better one

so I've been unable to get those extra Train Wreck seeds out of my mind. I mean - I had such a success with the one seed I planted, but I keep wondering - What if there is an even better pheno here. I'm not exactly in a rush - I got more than a kg so no worries. So... I put 5 seeds into a cup of water, then put them into each their peat pellet. I see they start surfacing now.

What I am gonna attempt now is a little difficult. We will have a shitload of identical clones growing in a sea of green system alongside with 5 seeds. I wonder - How much of a headstart should I give the seeds? I have to balance this careful. The 5 plants need to get a chance to get established so I can determine how good the genetics truly are. But they have to be about as developed as the clones. I know if I plant the clones today, I can flip them in 10-14 days. That is not true if I plant the seeds today. But I do remember the first Train Wreck was fast even from seed so very very uncertain now.

How much of a headstart should I give the 5 seeds?

If you are not short of time could you not grow the 5 seeds until they are large enough to take clones then run everything from clone at the same time. That way you get a more accurate comparison too as seeds will grow slightly differently to clones as they have a tap root. Just a thought.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with them...a kg is impressive as hell dude! .

Considering to grow a lower amount of plants and do a scrog. Perhaps 10 plants per table or so. That should allow all plants to reach max potential

Hi there little fellow :) I think you're growing upside down. Hmmmm

20180214_164812.jpg

Split the peat-pellet carefully in two. Removed the seedling carefully and put it back the right way - now with the head on the outside and the root on the inside. It's not true that they're very fragile in this step and that they will get a transplant shock. Not in this stage they won't. That plant will stand and begin stretching towards the light within hours. 4/5 is now above ground. The last one - Well, I opened that one too. That one still looks like the day I put it in there. No idea why that one is developing so much slower than the rest, but as this is a competition about being the best pheno - You better get your face above ground very soon or else..

That's actually useful. I had huge problems with the phone app lately

Just wanted to let you know that both big-bud plants are starting to look really good. Especially one of them is starting to fill out a pretty big area :) Will put up a net there over the weekend and do a scrog in that little tent. Both the Jack Herer's are looking good too. That's surprising given my history with this strain. Seems we have found an understanding Jack and me - so far so good. Will try to get up some photo's after the site maintenance is done. They're taking down the whole 420 page today apparently.

Will go out and see if the 4 seedlings I planted yesterday are alive. They had a bad reaction to the strong light so I had to raise it. Can't remember this was a problem last time I grew them, but worth to keep in mind - it seems Train Wreck likes to have some space between itself and the lamp right after transplant. 40cm were not enough. Think they should be fine though - Still waiting for baby nr #5 to come up. Perhaps the seed did not make it? Not sure what could have killed it, it already had a tap-root when I put it in so. Whatever - we will figure all that stuff out.

The Mars Hydro tent got 2 hours of accidential light during the dark period. They're about a month into flowering. I am very worried about that. Is two hours enough to fuck it up for me? I gave them some hours of extra darkness afterwards to "balance" it out sort of, but I guess that will be useless. What I worry about is not re-vegg - think it takes more than two hours. What I worry about is plants going hermie. Allthough if they do - I could always use some Train Wreck pollen. There is a positive to almost every negative it seems - The hard thing is just to see it. If the worst happens, then I should save up some pollen and then use it to fertilize one of the seedling I just planted. That would give me hundreds of lovely Train Wreck seeds. I do have a feeling Train Wreck could have a chance to make it outdoors here you see. With a little bit of luck.

Anyway - That was all for now - having a very very strange day so should get back to that

JThere is a positive to almost every negative it seems - The hard thing is just to see it.

Ah. An optimist. :goodjob:

And yes, we will be down when the left coast of the US wakes up.

Ian

I wonder how long you'll have to wait to see if they did go hermie. I am sorry that happened to you Deville. Especially considering all of the thought and work that has gone into this grow. I'm sending strong "she" vibes your way.

Back
Top Bottom