Mars Hydro Grow Journal TSL 2000 In 2x4 Tents: Autos, Photos, Reveg & Fem Cross

All are doing pretty good, but still a bit calcium deficient. Picked up some garden lime and will dose them all with it.

Skunks are turning into little bushes because I have not got to them yet. But will trim them up and toss them into 3x3 after I finish cleaning it up.

20210208_185150.jpg

20210208_185211.jpg

Cleaning up my 3x3 because I harvested the Gorilla Zkittlez over the weekend. Looks like I will get around 10oz out of it (1516 grams wet) and about 6.5 oz of trim/larf (943 grams wet). I can't get the sp250 to perform like I want, so I will relegate them to growing my tomatoes and got a TSW 2000 on the way for that tent.

Also, I did find a bit of powdery mildew when harvesting so I washed all the buds in luke warm water. Not aggressively, but not lightly either. Just a good washing. Tell anyone that says that will not knock off many trichromes that they are wrong. I ran the water through my bubble bags just because I had them and I was very glad I did.

20210208_185925.jpg

20210208_185252.jpg

20210208_185430.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah, she ended up getting a nice spread on her. I do wish I would have vegged her a bit more though. Not very stretchy so ended up leaving a bit of space in the corners. I will definitely do another large plant like this just for the fun of it at some point soon. Maybe with a few of my outdoor this year.

I am kind of in between SCROG and SOG. SOG are usually pretty easy to trim and can be very efficient with a good quality mother, but too many plants. And with every legislation making plant count your limitation, both personal and commercially, it limits you a bit. The SCROG is really efficient as well, but you end up with a lot higher percentage of smaller buds that a bit more time to manicure.

I think I may be settling somewhere in between. topping to about 6-10 main colas. How many depends on how even you can keep their height. Then a full lollipop a few days to a week before flower then let them go. You kind of get the best of both worlds trimming wise, but give up a bit efficiency and yield. Worth it in my book though with time saved overall.

The two Skunk will be going in the 3x3 this weekend under my new TSW 2000. They sure did bush out and look ready to fill it up and get going. It will be interesting to see the yield difference with this light instead of the 2xSP250 and single SP150 that are in it now. Less than half the wattage over the same space.

The Gorilla zkittlez is looking to be almost done. She is 7 weeks in flower and mostly cloudy with the tops starting to get a lot of amber. I will likely chop her next weekend.

20210131_155519.jpg
CigNV, Looks amazing. Ive been thinking about a 1 plant shrub grow in my 3x3. What is your pot size and how long did you veg? Looking forward to the smoke update.

CigNV, Looks amazing. Ive been thinking about a 1 plant shrub grow in my 3x3. What is your pot size and how long did you veg? Looking forward to the smoke update.

I think I vegged about 10-15 weeks total. I got the clone at about 10" or so tall around the end of September and put it right in a 5 gallon container. Vegged and shaped it until around the end of November then transplanted it to a 27 gallon tote. Let it grow some roots and started it on flower on 12-10. I think I added the SCROG screen right around the time I started flower but don't recall if just before or just after. I do wish I vegged it for a bit longer and let it fill up the screen more before flip. I likely would have yielded better if I did. But with how some powdery mildew has been starting maybe a good thing I didn't wait. The cold weather has been challenging trying to keep them warm enough.

The bigger plants are certainly fun to grow, but you do have to commit a bit of extra time to get them sized up.

I smoked some if it last night actually. It has a nice fruity spicy aroma to it. A little harsh but some cure time will help with that as well as bring out the fruit smell a bit more. Nice and uplifting at first then settled into a relaxing sleepiness.

Thanks!

Yeah, the investment in the bubble bags was certainly worth it. Only $26 for the 5 bag set I got and I dont even use one of the sizes. I use the 220, 120, 73 and 25 and skip the 160 that came with it. It also took me longer to get the bags in the bucket than it did to actually filter this 2 grams out.

The GZ will also be a regular smoke for me as well. Turned out better than what I expected for a random clone I just traded some fresh clippings of my Skunk for that I would have likely just composted anyway.

Now I have the trim/larf fresh froze in the freezer waiting for me. One thing I did notice though, after running my Skunk trim/larf through the bags twice (about half as much trim/larf I got from this GZ) I got about 10 grams of real nice hash. I noticed though that there were still quite a bit of trich stems left on some. So I dried it out real good and smoked it to test. Not the best tasting smoke, it was ok, but still got a decent buzz off of it. So I ordered a Buddies block and some preroll tubes and will try making those out of the left overs. Certainly will not be top shelf stuff, but will be fun to give away.

Also, here are the autos and the other photos. C4 is fattening up nicely. Dark Devil is kinda being meh. Not sure if from all the CS or if this particular plant is just not as good as the last one I grew. The true purple haze is getting huge though. Only just starting to flower up good. I may need to move her to my 4x8 to finish up.

The Skunks are getting seriously overgrown and ready for their new home to flower which is finally ready.

Everything does look a bit calcium deficient. Getting some garden lime (misread the bag and bought the wrong stuff last week) and will need to apply it to Everything it looks like.

20210213_182629.jpg

20210213_182704.jpg

Busy couple of weeks for me!

Everyone finally got some doses of Garden lime and are much happier. I put about a table spoon full in each 5 gallon container.

Skunks, Joanne, Dos-Si-Do all in flower since 2-20

True Purple Haze is getting big enough to almost fill up my whole 3x3. I will be interested to see what comes of this Auto. Still looks very early in flower so likely 5+ more weeks for her.

The Dark Devil is looking pretty pathetic. Not sure if the colloidal, low calcium, or bad genetics that is setting it back. maybe all of the above. She never did show male flowers so no cross with this one. Not to sad about that though, pretty sure they would have been seeds I didn't want anyway.

C4 turned into a compact little bush with some pretty short chunky buds on her. Probably a week or two left. Just starting to see some cloudy.

All of the young ones got transplanted up to their new 5 gallon homes and looking happy.

Traded most of the Skunk and Dos-Si-Dos cuttings for three little rooted clones. Got a WiFi OG, Hell and Back, and White Widow 47 to grow up. Then gifted a couple dozen cuttings to a couple other aspiring growers in the area.

Also managed to root some of the skunk clones myself. They will go in some cups after the roots get a bit longer. Maybe this weekend to middle of next week.

Back
Top Bottom