Mars Hydro Grow Journal TSL 2000 In 2x4 Tents: Autos, Photos, Reveg & Fem Cross

True Purple Haze is doing a bit better. I doubled up the flowering nutes and the browning slowed. Possible I had a phosphorus deficiency going on. Trimmed her up real well pulling most of the spent leaves and a lot of the larfy buds from inside to help keep air flow up while she finishes. Not very much trich development. She still looks like she needs a good 2-3 weeks more.

20210327_175400.jpg

20210327_175405.jpg

CigNv, Flowering tents look awesome, that Purple Haze is a beast. Can you explain to me why you lollipop and what it is intended to do? I trim out low larf buds about a week into flower, but then only take a leaf when it’s consumed and ready to drop or has an issue. My concern is stress and slowing down growth.

Yeah, she sure did take off. Makes me wonder how much better she would of been too if I was able to get her needs right. Lots of potential in this one, especially for an auto.

Please note, the below is for photo periods only.
My extreme lollipop came from when I did the defoliation comparison. One thing I noticed is that when I remove all the bottom growth the plant seems to put a lot more of its energy into growing the main colas that are left. You do get a lower overall yield, but what you do get is a significantly higher percentage of denser thicker buds. You also get a plant that is much easier to trim come harvest time. Basically you are removing most of the larf before it ever becomes larf. The plant then puts that energy into the main colas instead. You also get a very large amount of clone candidates. Enough so that keeping a mother plant is likely not necessary at all.

I am still working on exactly how much veg time they need after you lollipop though. These ones went in without any recovery time at all and still seems to be doing really good, but will it hurt the end yield? The Blue Dream I tested with went a few days I think before flipping. The skunk SOG will get a week which may actually be a bit too much.

I veged the Skunks, Do-Si-Dos, and Joanne for about a week and it may have been a couple days too long. I need to pull them out to get to most of the them and trim some of the spent leaves and check for any Powdery Mildew and spray them. I will try to get some under foliage pics and see how many larfy buds are there. I I know the Skunks have at least a few that can likely be removed. I also noticed last night what may be some boy parts starting on the Skunks. woot

Oh, almost forgot about the C4. She ended up being pretty much all fluffy and larfy with no dense buds at all really. Only a couple of small nugs. She still smokes good though so I am going to grind her all up and put her in some prerolls.

177 grams very dry.

20210329_224116.jpg

20210329_223659.jpg

Thanks Cr8. Yeah those Skunk pics have a very standing in the woods feel to them. The C4 looks like an old purple shag carpet, but it smokes pretty good. Quite energetic and euphoric. Ground it all up and got about 140 prerolls out of it so should last a little bit anyway.

One of the clones in the SOG didn't take off like the others so replaced it with another. Decided not to lollipop this one. I will leave it with only leaves or branches removed are ones that are ready to fall off themselves. Might as well toss a comparison in.

20210401_195619.jpg

Skunks, Do-Si-Dos and Joanne getting close. 2-3 more weeks on them. I should also have some pollen in a couple days. I think I may cross one to the Do-Si-Dos as well. Color is also getting awesome on the Do-Si-Dos.

20210403_220454.jpg

20210403_220521.jpg

20210403_220513.jpg

20210403_221322.jpg

Yeah, I keep wondering how good that True Purple Haze would have been if I could have figured her nutes out a bit sooner. Good thing I still have 9 more beans of it. Getting interested to see what a full 4x8 of these will look like.

She is likely going to come down over the weekend. She is mostly cloudy now with a few amber finally starting. 16 weeks for an auto though, I dont know. That is more time then most of my photos do from seed to harvest.

Back
Top Bottom