Dhrone's 1st grow

Lard Bernard

I am very new to this and this is my first attempt at growing anything. This is what I am working with. Bare with me because all of my details are going to be vague as I didnt really know if i wanted to commit at first or not.

Strand - found a seed so i have no idea. very very good though. was purple and very keefy.

potting soil - some sort of basic miracle grow potting soil

started it in this 1 gallon pot and i am about to transfer it to a 3.5 gallon pot

lighting - i started this baby in late august/early september(germ) and it was
exclusively getting sunlight up until today. it has already started to bud because of the fall sunlight hours. (i live in GA)
- i now have a 75w HPS and 2 CPL (26w)(cool white)

no fertilizers

Questions for the crowd:
i was planning on putting some fert on it but i didnt know what type.

since the plant is already budding and its used to fall hours i was thinking of trying to veg it for a little longer by using the lights i have in 10 hour cycles for 2 weeks then try to flower.

i put the hps too close at first thats why the leaves are retreating a little. i pulled back 6".

any advice would be very much appreciated.

how do you post pics?

If it has already started to flower I wouldent change the lights. It will severly screw the plant up. Keep it on 12/12 and keep the bud. I would say you SOL on that seed, yer only chance is to cut off a clone or 2 and give them 24 hourts of light. if they live you made it, if not get more seeds. there is plently of places to get them from here.

If your new to growing I would build my DIY ezcloner in my Hydro - LED - Cabinets, Closets, & Hidden Spaces thread. I have had 100% success with just water in it...

If it has already started to flower I wouldent change the lights. It will severly screw the plant up. Keep it on 12/12 and keep the bud. I would say you SOL on that seed, yer only chance is to cut off a clone or 2 and give them 24 hourts of light. if they live you made it, if not get more seeds. there is plently of places to get them from here.

If your new to growing I would build my DIY ezcloner in my Hydro - LED - Cabinets, Closets, & Hidden Spaces thread. I have had 100% success with just water in it...

i am not really sure what you are saying here. you say not to change the light "keep it on 12/12 and keep the bud"? what does that mean. it was in natural sunlight before so it would be a big change to go to 12/12. also everything i have read says not to put a clone directly in light for a couple of days.

^ meanbean's right. just take 4-6 clippings, start at the fourth branch from the bottom going up a couple levels and clone them. they should take and you can start fresh w/them in a 24/7 light cycle to re-veg. leave the mother to flower in a 12/12 light cycle so she won't hermie up on you. i always kept my clones in 24/7 light, just not right under the strong light, so they don't dry out. a small cfl will do just don't put it too close.

the light cycles inside are more controlled and simplified compared to nature.
here's how the lights manipulate the plants..

basically for vegetative growth which is building the foliage and structure of the plant, a foundation if you will, you leave the lights on 24/7. it mimics the sun in the longer spring/summer days, but you get more development since the light is constant.

then when they are the size you want, you switch to a 12/12 light scheme, to start the flowering cycle which is adding weight to the foundation. the stronger the foundation the more buds it can hold. this mimics the shorter summer/fall days, but with less energy consumption and guesswork. think of it like night and day, the buds developing in the dark but powered by the light in equal amounts.

that's about it for now, you can ask me any questions you have anytime they pop up. im here to help. good luck getting your clones to root and your budz to the dome.

also on the pics-- you need to upload them to the photo gallery first, then post them to the thread. the gallery link is at the top of the pages in the middle.

Happy Growing

Picture_00443.jpg

Picture_00537.jpg

DSCN0443.JPG

DSCN04473.JPG

i am trying to post pics. i have loaded them in my member gallery. i copied and pasted the url from there into the body of the message and nothing...

when you reply in the thread there's a yellow box w/a mountain on it at the top of the message box click it and delete the http thats there and copy your pic's direct link there. the direct link is in pic details in your gallery.

Bro the plant is looking great, a word of causion though with that sodium light an aluminum foil will give you hot spot that might burn you plant, might back it out a little.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo

gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom