Urban Growing - Hydro, LED, & Cabinets

MeanBean

Hello All, I am a big fan of the forum and decided to start my own Thread.

Title says it all, Using a combo of these tecniques I will try to gain the most secure operation with maxium yield and limited space.

Pruning

With this type of Cabinet grow you must keep your plants below 2.5 feet Max.

One way I would do it is about a week after Vegging Cut off the center "Cola?<- is that what its called?"

Then a few days later, depending on your light schedule cut the next 5 or six higest comming from the sides. Now just veg a bit longer and your ready to flower.

Does anyone have any other good ideas for pruning for this purpose?

Testing Out the New Penatrator 126 Watt from Hydro-Grow-LED.com

They are the first LED unit provider with real Nm stats, with the exact spectrums. To grow in a cabinet you must use LED's and IMO this is the way to go...

I had tested a light from HTGSupply 120W unit. it did work better than most of the stories I hear of porrly performing UFO units 90W..

DSCF03211.JPG

Dont Use CPU Fans and a CPU Power Supply.

HRBNP65NYRWS.jpg

For 1 These things are loud!

Also they dont do a very good job of sucking air from more than a foot away. not to mention the Pc Power supply sucks tons of electric just to spin a few fans.

Go to walmart and by massey 4" personal fans. $4-7 You can cut the wire rod stand right off and have a free floating fan with shroud all the way around it. Plus they only use 30W a piece and have a switch. they run on AC so you can plug as many as you like into a electric strip.

DSCF03421.JPG

Or for pipeing and carbon filters get an 4" inline fan. 30 Watts.

db204.jpg

Quiet AIR PUMPS & STONES

Yes if you need to be stealthy, stay away from these, they are loud and vibrate everywhere! I have had them from 3 diffrent companys, just have a slight diffrent color. they all loud...

12331.jpg

I have Found Rena air pumps to be quiet and non-vibratey.

702b.jpg

Even regular airstones seem loud if everything else is quiet. Plus they break apart after 3 months! if you got one pump runing 2 stones and one stone breaks just a little, all the air goes out the hole and the other stone(s) quit working....

12222222.jpg

Get a flexible foam One. Plus they have a finer mist of bubbles..

P43836.jpg

Worlds Smallest DIY Ez-Cloner - Areoponics

DSCF0349.JPG

Yea this is a 120 GPH pump u can get for 12 bucks and a .75 cent 340 degree nozzle. Does 1-6 clones no prob. Just epoxy the cord, pump, and nozzle into the smallest hose adapter.

Add a panel for 3 2" netpots and another pot for a dome. cut the side and top off and replace with plexiglass. try and get clear plastic instead of plexiglass its hard to work with as you can see hahaha!.

DSCF03502.JPG

DSCF03451.JPG

c313.jpg

Worlds Smallest DIY Ez-Cloner - Areoponics

DSCF0349.JPG

Yea this is a 120 GPH pump u can get for 12 bucks and a .75 cent 340 degree nozzle. Does 1-6 clones no prob. Just epoxy the cord, pump, and nozzle into the smallest hose adapter.

Add a panel for 3 2" netpots and another pot for a dome. cut the side and top off and replace with plexiglass. try and get clear plastic instead of plexiglass its hard to work with as you can see hahaha!.

DSCF03502.JPG

DSCF03451.JPG

i HAVE A QUESTION what does your cloner look like all together with the top on and net pot in

do you have a dyi carbon filter for a cabinet grow ie small & effective.

I grew 2 plant in a closet not long ago stunk up the whole house . The bug man got all snoopy so I shut it down.

DIY Carbon Filter/Scrubber System

OK well this isint the cheapest way of doing it but it works real good.

Get a 16" by 5" carbon filter.

carbon3.jpg

Then get one or two 4"inline fans.

db204.jpg

Then Cut one inch slices in one side of the pipe every inch or so. "right along those grooves."Then you can bend those tabs back and drill into carbon filter then put in screws. Seal it up with Ole duct tape.

The other end can go out the side of your area or into a exuast pipe. Just dont put any bends in the system or air flow will almost stop. Going through the carbon filter is hard enough especially if you only have one fan.

Meter Reader. Please Help

Its good to stay within reason on your electric if growing, gotta read that meter. My neighbors lol "don't ask how I know" is a digital one, but mines plain old. I gues each little spinney clock represents an number in the 5 number spaces in 99,999 kilowat hrs it can record.

If you checking a neighbors average kilowatt hrs, make sure its one you know is not growing as well lol!

So whats that lower spinney one?
how many times does it got to spin to make 1 killowatt hour???
That sucker gets going some times lol!

electric.JPG

OK, that doesn't look so difficult, I have been wanting to buy BCNL system but would really rather save money, I mean, I can spare the change but the thing is less than stealthy. Thanks MBean for posting this info, I am leaning towards a DIY cab now. Looks like I have some research to do. I want to be up and running by the time I get back from TG vacation.

Back
Top Bottom