Dinafem Blue Hash & Power Kush Fem Freebie - Outdoor Grow

Donny Danko

Hi all,

This is my 4th grow and my 2nd outdoor grow. I live in Eastern Washington State, where the conditions are quite favorable for outdoor growing for the most part. Our main crops here are wine grapes, hops and apples, so cannabis does quite well. I grow for my own personal use to treat my G/I issues and increase my appetite.

I germed my Power Kush x1 and Blue Hash x1 Feminized seeds on 4/18/2015 by soaking in distilled water for 24 hours and then planting into solo cups filled with Dr. Earth's Homegrown POTting Soil. I have had good experiences with this soil and it is formulated specifically for cannabis. Next pots will be 5 gal with a chance of moving up again. My only real size constraint is that they have to be below fence height. So i will try and keep them around 5 ft, topping/lst'ing if need be.

I'm using Fox Farms Liquid nute trio and unfiltered tap water. I know we have Flouride and Chlorine in our tap water so i'm hoping it won't be an issue. I have read conflicting information but have found tap water to work fine from experience.

Temps have been around 40 at night and 70 in the day. Humidity is low as is typical for the area.

Pics to Come!

re: Dinafem Blue Hash & Power Kush Fem Freebie - Outdoor Grow

Transplanted to 5 gal. pots today. Didn't think they were ready, but roots were already growing out of the drainage holes in the 18 oz solo cups. They were already starting to get rootbound so I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. Transplanting went smoothly and I don't anticipate much shock.

I have some pre-transplant pics from yesterday. I would upload more but the upload process on this site is horrendous on my Iphone.

Here is the Power Kush:
image24352.jpg

And the Blue Hash:
image24353.jpg

re: Dinafem Blue Hash & Power Kush Fem Freebie - Outdoor Grow

Not really much of an update, the girls are still putting out new growth despite being transplanted yesterday and cold nighttime temps. Temps are up to the low 80s today. I know the Blue Hash is bred to be grown in colder climates, but we will see how it does with the summertime temps reaching around 100.

Just FIMmed the Blue Hash yesterday. Growth is explosive on both plants, but the BH is still much bigger. I plan to FIM the Power Kush as well but it is just too small still, even though it is working on its 5th node. They will get their first nutes tomorrow:Big Bloom at half the recommended dose. The soil is pretty rich so half strength should be plenty for their first feeding. More pics coming soon!

Didn't do a journal last grow, but here is the result. It is from 4 bubblelicious autos grown in an unused shower stall under 400w MH/HPS. Got around 7 ounces out of it once it fully dried. Unfortunately I put it in jars a bit too early and got a little bit of White Powder Mildew. Not enough to deter me from using it, but just enough to ruin the flavor. I am not condoning the ingestion of mold. I found a bunch of conflicting forum posts on the safeness of smoking WPM, but I see it this way: If smoking pot that is slightly mildewed causes irreversible damage, then the damage is probably already done. I remember getting weed that smelled the same way all the time when I was younger. Anyway, here is the pic.:
image24990.jpg

Meanwhile, my outdoor plants are doing great. I fed them yesterday and they perked right up. No sign of nute burn.

First big rain of the spring and the girls were directly under the edge of the roof where the water drains off. We don't have a gutter so it was just a big line of water that went right down the middle of the plants. A bit of leaf damage but my main concern is that i just watered and there is rain in the forecast for the next day or so. Just worried about the girls getting waterlogged. I'm sure they will be fine but what can I say? I'm a protective parent.

image25055.jpg

I thought the interview went well. I would be mainly checking IDs and ringing people up, but the owner said that Cannabis knowledge is a plus. She said you pretty much have to be able to FAIL a drug test to work there. AWESOME! I was her first interview out of 7 or 8 candidates, so I sent a little follow up email thanking her for the opportunity. Hopefully it will help and not harm my chances.

Anyway, the rain finally stopped. I will go ahead and feed the girls again as soon as the soil dries out a bit, adding some Grow Big to the mix. Some of the leaves are a bit tore up from the rain, but the plants as a whole look very healthy. The BH is starting to branch as a result of the FIM, and I went ahead and pinched the top of my PK. She is still quite small but I know from experience that the runt of the litter can turn out to be the best producer. Pics soon.

Transplanted to 10 gal Dirt Pots this morning. BH's roots were already circling the pot so I'm glad I got it done. I have come to the realization that the hardest thing about growing cannabis is timing. When to move outside, when to transplant, when to water, when to feed, when to harvest, when to put in jars. Case in point: I basically ruined my last two harvests because I either let them get too dry before curing, or I didn't let them get dry enough. In both cases, my timing was off and it ended up affecting the final product.

Anyway, I hope the transplant was successful. I did it about an hour ago and they are already perking back up. Temps are supposed to get into the 90s this week. They should require watering every other day or so in these Dirt Pots, so my plan is to hit the nutes hard every other watering. I have also been experimenting with supercropping in order to keep the girls low and hungry. Pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom