Bonnie - DinaFem Blue Hash

BubblegumJoey

I want to start this thread off by saying all credit for the recipes and success goes to The Rev, and his True Living Organics book. It has been an indepensible tool in the early days of my Growing Adventure. Alright, let's get this grow started!

Strain: DinaFem Blue Hash, Indica dominent Blueberry X California Hash Plant

Grow Style: Indoor, T.L.O. ( Organic)

Lighting: LED 240watt

Medium: Custom soil mix ( a mixture of dry additives and FFOF)

Water Source: Reverse Osmosis Water

Nutrients: Compost Tea, Spikes and Layers, CalMg+, FF Big Bloom

Veg Period: 6 weeks

Flowering Period: 7-9 weeks

Oct, 2, 14

Bonnie was placed in a paper towel dampened with RO water and 3 drop FF BB.

Oct, 4, 14

Bonnie germinated, moved to weak custom soil mix

Re: Bonnie ( DinaFem Blue Hash)

Oct, 14, 14

Bonnie finished her first week of veg.
Has 2 sets of leaves, third coming in. Measures 1.5 inches tall, 2 inches wide.

Bonnie_7_Days_Old_a_.jpg

Oct, 21, 14

Bonnie was transplanted into 1 gallon pot today, she is two weeks into veg. Pot was set up as follows.

Floor: High N Layer

1st Layer: EWC + Perlite

2nd Layer: Custom Soil

3rd Layer: All Purpose 5-5-5

4th Layer: Custom Soil

5th Later: High N Layer

6th Layer: Mulch

Her pot was spiked with 1 veg spike, 1 flowering spike, and 2 EWC + Perlite

Bonnie was watered with a weak compost tea

Nov, 4, 14

Bonnie has been in Veg for 4 weeks now. She Measures 1ft wide and 4in tall.
Watered with a compost tea that supports veg growth.

Bonnie_1_Month_Old_a_.jpg

Re: Bonnie ( DinaFem Blue Hash)

Nov, 12, 14

Bonnie was transplanted into her flowering pot, 3 gallon nursery pot. Set up as follows.

Floor Layer: high N BLEND + 5-5-5

1st Layer: Steer Manure Blend

2nd Layer: Custom Soil

4th Layer: 5-5-5 + EWC

5th Layer: Custom Soil

6th Layer: CS + EWC

7th Layer High N blend

Ceiling: Coco Coir Mulch

Bonnie was given RO water

Bonnie_5_Weeks_Old_b_.jpg

Nov, 18, 14 (start of 12/12)

Bonnie finished her 6th week of veg. Her lights were switched over to a 12/12 flowering cycle
She measure 1.5ft wide and 5in tall. Was given an all purpose ACT to get things rolling.

Nov, 25, 14

Bonnie is 7 days into flowering. Measures 18in wide and 5in tall. Shows female flowers on most branches.

Dec, 2, 14

Bonnie is 14 days into flowering. She measures 22in wide and 8in tall. Has .5in buds on all tops, and more buds at lower nodes.Temps are higher today 85-86 degrees F at the canopy.

Bonnie_2_Weeks_into_Flowering_b_.jpg

Dec, 16, 14

Bonnie is 28 days into flowering. She measures 24in wide and 10in tall. Tops measure anywhere from 2.5in-3in, and fatter then my thumb.

At this point Bonnie is about halfway through flowering. I have stopped giving her flowering teas, that were high in Mg and P as well as other nutrients, at every watering. She will be given a light tea in week 6 then plain RO water till harvest.

Dec, 24, 14

Bonnie was given her last feeding today at 36 days flowering. From here on out she will get nothing except plain RO Water, she is given 1 gallon every 3-4 days.

Dec, 30, 14

Bonnie is 42 days into flowering. She has 3 to 4 colas measuring 5-6in, and over 20 tops with buds at least 3in more buds at the nodes.Only issue is browning at the leaf tips, more prominent at the leaves higher up.

Bonnie_5_Weeks_into_Flowering_b_.jpg

This is actually 35 days flowering

IMAG009224.jpg

Thank you very much Lester,this is my 2nd official grow. My uncounted one ended with a fingernail sized bud ha.

Happy New Year to all my fellow 420 comrades. May all your crops be bountiful and potent, envy of thee gods of yonder!

Harvest is upon us, with the will of time Bonnie shall be fully realized in a few more weeks. Any advice or articles on drying/ curing would be appreciated. I've done some research, and I understand the technique, but more knowledge never hurt.

Jan,2,15

Alright, so here is an update on things so far. Temps are 77-79°F, humidity is super low at 16%RH.
She received 1 gallon R.O. Water Jan 1. Tricomes are still mostly clear, calyxes are not swollen yet. Probably looking at harvest around 65 days. Let me know if you guys feel different, and I'm still looking for any info on drying/curing

Trics_a_.jpg

Trics_b_.jpg

Dec,4,14

Quick update on things. Temps have been good at 77℉-79℉, humidity rose to 23% RH and has kept stable. She can go a couple days longer without watering, as her pot still has weight. Lights are roughly 10-11in away. Biggest issue is slight browning on leaf tips, I'll check the ph of run-off next watering. Seems strange that it appeared now when I've only been watering with RO water, my best guess is maybe a slight K deficiency could be wrong though. here is a pic maybe someone has a better idea?

Brown_tips.jpg

It's hard to see in the pic, but there is the slightest browning on the edge as well.

This is the grow space, it stands 3ft. tall, 2.5ft. wide, and 1.5ft deep. It has a 6in exhaust fan, and a 4in intake fan. The light, as stated at the begining of this thread, is a HTG 240w tri band LED with IR and UV added.

The_Grow_Space.jpg

Ottawa thanks for stopping by, yeah I stopped giving her any nutrients, or ACTs (aerated compost tea) Dec. 24. Since then she only received RO water. The brown tips only occured after I stopped with feedings, but it hasn't gotten worse, so that's good. I'll check my run-off next watering and keep an eye on her, hopefully it's just a late flowering thing.

Heya BubblegumJoey. Great journal buddy. Your plants look fantatik, good job. If I understand your updates correctly you are flushing in preparation for harvest, so if this is the case then discoloration would be completely normal. The plant begins to translocate its nutrients and reserves (the whole point of flushing) and the leaves are going to exibit nutrient stress but this is what you want - if indeed you are flushing in prep for harvest. Great job BJ, best to you!

:high-five:

@ottawa

That's a huge relief, I'm only 3 grows in and my first two had issues so I'm a little paranoid.

@Trig
That is almost exactly what she looks like, just that slight browning. You guys have done a hell of a job putting my mind at ease. Your girl is really looking nice now, filling that pot out:)

@Color

Yeah you're 100% right, she is being pretty much flushed. That does make sense now that you mention it. I've just heard that organic soils can't be flushed (don't believe everything you hear, until you try it I suppose) I'll keep you guys updated on her, but I feel a lot better now.

A thousand thanks to you three fine growers, this site is awesome because of people like you. If fate would allow it I would burn one with each of you:)!

Heya BubblegumJoey. Great journal buddy. Your plants look fantatik, good job. If I understand your updates correctly you are flushing in preparation for harvest, so if this is the case then discoloration would be completely normal. The plant begins to translocate its nutrients and reserves (the whole point of flushing) and the leaves are going to exibit nutrient stress but this is what you want - if indeed you are flushing in prep for harvest. Great job BJ, best to you!

:high-five:

Duh! I didn't even think of this! Haha we are always so quick to worry about things, me especially! Colorfuldayze nailed it here. Your plant looks great! And this is only your 3rd grow ever? You should be mighty proud of yourself! Any veteran would be stoked to have that plant, you're well ahead of the curve! Thanks for your input on my journal as well, truly a great community here!

Enjoy that tasty looking lady!

Back
Top Bottom