Dinafem Blue Kush - 2x4 SCROG With Advanced & Mammoth

re: Dinafem Blue Kush - 2x4 Scrog With Advanced & Mammoth

Ha yea yea. Ya doing great kid. But im excited to have yall on board for the ride. Ill be learning and growing with yall as well.

But Snid, Newb is right. Im running Advanced Sensi A+B, Mammoth P, and will be adding some more of the Advanced line later in veg and flower.

For now. Ive been adding some of the Mammoth P when i water. Each solo cup is getting about 3/4 cup of water. I only water when soil is dry fingertip deep. Right now they have been consistent at 3-3.5 days between watering. Solo cups have drain holes in bottom to allow for run off and prevent over watering.

Compared to my Last Run i did with clones, these have a much stronger and thicker development. I ran Great white shark, blue widow, and cheese. They are still small, but i'm impressed and excited!

That's funny you say that these girls are rocking out harder than the clones. I had a vegging plant that wasn't doing too hot. I ended up culling her because I didn't have room in the bloom tent for her at the time anyway. Took a clone and that clone is absolutely smashing harder than any seed I have ever popped. I still suck at vegging plants, but they make it through.

On the Solo cups might want to double or triple up to avoid algae on the roots. Cups are thin and let light through. I was tripling up but then the roots would grow into the cup below and circle around. Now I am trying the one Solo with two more underneath, but the two underneath have the bottom cut off of them. Seems to be doing alright so far.

You should check out some other journals and threads on here when you get the time, lots of awesome info to soak up. Stop in and say what's up to the people you are feeling.

Yea man, I've been trying to follow up on some
Similar space grows and such. I like it. Def a different vibe then the other forum. I'll def take you up on the solo cup idea. This is my first soil grow. Did dwc last run. Now looking to see how it all turns out.

After reading a few different grows I may run veg out to 50-60 days. Either dwc setup I used I flipped after 2 week veg. But after realizing that height isn't a issue, I can get them nice and full before flipping and fill the screen up nice.

Still debateing on how to do screenZ I like the PVC idea, would give me a fun project one night, or if I should just get basic little tressel netting from local shop.

To do a scrog right you will have a longer veg. I think most scroggers just fill up the screen how they want, then once it's full they flip. You will figure it out.

I like the DIY PVC screens, it allows you to make it the exact size and then make your scrog exactly how you want it. Do it yourself man, screw the netting. You will be happier when you do it exactly how you want it.

Whats Up! Still going Strong. Staying Consistent on the feeding .5 ml of Mammoth per Gal. They have been getting thirsty around 3-4 days apart. The have same Canopy Height, but internode spacing is different. From the Looks, I may have one Pheno leaning towards the Blueberry, and one leaning toward the OG lineage. I cant wait to see how different they each turn out. I cant deny I love the uniform and solid formation on the one lady. But the Qwerkiness of the Second lady gives me hope shes a Unicorn. Lol Hopes and Dreams my friends, Hopes and Dreams

photo_1_1_55.JPG
photo_2536.JPG
photo_3443.JPG
photo_4344.JPG
photo_5230.JPG

Looking good man. They will straighten up a bit here shortly and you will see how they grow. Both of them are some fatty girls, just like you like!

Haha I cant lie.. i like my ladys thick baby! I live by the motto.. "No one will be mad at the big girl who gets small, but most will have a problem with the small girl getting big!"

Could be the Mammoth P. Light is about 10" above them, trying to keep them stocky and bushy, I want some vigorous roots and support for these ladies! I want to push em to the limits!

So go home last night and they were already needing another watering/feeding. So I wen ahead and transplanted into 1 gallon pots. I think 2-3 weeks in these then go up to the 10 gallon pots after this. These pics were snapped after transplanting. They went into their 6 hours of darkness after transplant. I'll be home around 10 tonight an they should have had atleast 5 hours with the lights on to adjus to new soil. I'll update with pics tonight if I see any change from these photos.

Adjusted light up 4" to accommodate for the new pot height.

image37570.jpg
image37569.jpg
image37568.jpg

Nice man. You flipping lights manually? If so grab a timer and let it rip.

Oh yea man, got a nice digital timer! I have a 6"inline an filter setup otw so will be mounting that within next week or so. Then I'll be gettig scrog built out eventually.

My real plan is to tidy up the power cords and make it more clean. I have to run power into the room. Or if I wanted to get jazzy with it. I have a outlet on the exterior of the closet that I could just reverse and remount on the inside of the closet. But I hate doing drywall work. I'm Lazy at times

I got a digital timer once. Hydrofarm, nothing fancy. It died before I ever got a chance to use it. Now I stick with the Intermatic mechanical timers. Haven't failed me yet!

I feel you with the power, I ran a 20 amp circuit just for my setup so I was up in the attic running wire in the summer heat. But now I have a 15 amp circuit and a 20 amp circuit for my grow so I have plenty of power for my needs.

I was trying to post an update tonight but the website is absolutely giving me hell.

Yeah I upcanned the small girls to one gallons tonight. Didn't like how the roots circled the Solo cups despite only being a few inches tall. Ditching the Solo cups for some small pots.

It wasn't hard. I had open slots in my panel and I actually just converted the outlet that was already there. I ran brand new wire from the outlet to the box. I used the existing hole that was drilled for the existing wire to drop down to the outlet and the same on the panel side. Got someone who is a bit more knowledgeable than me to do the hooking up on either end. I am sure Google would have you done in no time. The crawling around in the attic is the crappy part.

So After the topping ladies didn't show any signs of stress or slowig down. Fan and new ducting installed last night. Picked up a 6" hurricane fan pulling 435cfm. No complaints on noise or vibration from the Queen of the either, so that's a victory!

Soil moisture is still go so no water or feeding today. Here a few new pics of the ladies and size.. to me they look great for 3 weeks in. The girth of the stems at a young age is awesome to me. I think they will explode was they land their way into the 10 gallon pots. I want the roots to reach and have as much growth potential. I know massive roots = Healthy Plants.

photo_4345.JPG
photo_3_1_40.JPG
photo_3444.JPG
photo_2537.JPG
photo_1_3_21.JPG
photo_1_4_13.JPG

Temp and humidity looking spot on! You have a speed controller for that fan? That's going to be a lot of air movement if not, might find it hard to keep humidity up with that much air movement. But damn man, they are looking spot on! You are giving them that wet/dry cycle to stimulate root growth, they are going to be right. Just make sure they have plenty of time to grow into those 10 gallon pots before the flip.

Yo Thanks @BrixNewb. Im trying man im trying. lol.

So a quick little update for yall. Had to head out of town for about 4 days. Was a little anxious leaving them behind, but i can say they vigor gave me hope and eased my worries as we drove away. Gave them a feeding a day earlier when i left. When I got home, soil was blotchy dry and mildy damp on top, about a 1 down more moisture and consistent growth while i was gone. Temps stayed within range, and no issues with power loss or light issues.

Biggest difference between the two, are the secondary node and branch development on the more uniform lady, compared to her dorky sister who is dragging her feet on branches but throwing some chunky fan leaves out there. Both didnt seem to be slowed down by the topping. The Uniform lady has already shot out two new tops while the dork, is starting to show some potential.

I am certainly going to be getting alot of clones off the uniform lady once the scrog screen starts to fill in. Shes doing great. Another suprise which i havent really seen on other grows or read about, is even where the seedling leaves new shoots have developed on the started leaves. To me seems crazy but i could just be a rookie and happy over the little things!

All in all, this has turned into a great Pheno Battle off in my opinion. LMK YA THOUGHTS!!

photo_1_6_5.JPG
- Side by Side
photo_4_2_24.JPG
- Uniform Lady
photo_2_3_17.JPG
- Dork Tops
photo_3_3_14.JPG
- UNiform Tops
photo_1_5_8.JPG

Under Growth craziness
photo_4_1_26.JPG
photo_2_2_48.JPG

Man heading out of town can really be a tough one. I went on a vacation for like 4 days a couple months ago and I know I drenched them before I left and was super happy when I came home and they were good to go. In the future you can always do a SWICK setup, some people here do that.

Definitely have two distinct phenos there man. One short, squat one and a tall girl. They have about the same number of nodes or what?

Plants both look like normal plants to me, I don't see anything funky with the nodes. Still looking good man, excited to see the closet come together.

Back
Top Bottom