Dinafem Blue Kush - 2x4 SCROG With Advanced & Mammoth

re: Dinafem Blue Kush - 2x4 Scrog With Advanced & Mammoth

So I'm trying to bush this tall lady out, so I topped around the growth to see if I can get some thick coverage for the screen.

Didn't mess with the shorter one as she is doing just fine on her own.
image37637.jpg

I'll check out Snid for sure! But I do plan on using some LST techniques to control height and fill the screen up as much as possible. This morning checked on the ladies, and they are not showing any signs on being impacted by the second round of topping!

Hey Phatk, don't need to look far. Thanks for the ego boost brixnewbie :) I'd just point you toward my lst tutorials, all of which can be found in my signature. I've never scrogged before but have not hardly needed it yet either. And the perpetual journal is always open to questions and discussion, don't be shy... You've got some perfect candidates for a good training regiment.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hey snid! Thanks for dropping in! I'll certainly follow up in the journals and see what I can soak up!

Well quick update on the room! Temps have been consistent and on cruise control! Feeding has went from 4 days apart down to 2 days apart! Once we drop down to 1-1.5 days apart I'm going to transplant into the 10 gallon pots! The ladies have the own drain res now as anticipate they may have different feeding schedules within the coming weeks! Due to some change of plans, I'll buy running a 600w hips for this first run, the led was put on hold due to a car wreck and taking up a good chunk of play money away!

Well the taller lady responded very well to the LST! She started bulking her main stem, as well as the smaller off shoots starting making their way to becoming new tops! I picked up some training wire from local Ace, and have been utilizing that as well.

The Big Bend!
image37644.jpg

Side View of the two main tops that are now growing outward for now.
image37638.jpg
image37641.jpg

I also went ahead and topped the secondary shoots as well, some I did with the first topping and the new growth is doing great! Super Stoked with her response! I will adjust her, head out for work, come back hours later and she has already adjusted and turned herself upwards!

Just some shots from the side of both ladies!
image37640.jpg
image37642.jpg
image37643.jpg

image37645.jpg

Any input or advice is welcomed!

LOVE, PEACE, AND CHICKEN GREASE!!!!!!!

That's not LST, that's supercropping man. LST you gently bend it over without causing the kink. I have supercropped some plants and they usually straighten up almost to their original position.

Up canned to the 10 gallon last night. They seem to be having no issues since transplant. Roots were bright white with new fuzz on them as well.

Here's a shot of them in new home plus I'm a nerd and threw in the level I have on the light to make sure even light spread lol!

image37649.jpg
image37650.jpg

Attention to detail will come in handy with this hobby, I use a level for any light adjustments. Uppotting has them swimming in fresh mix... They'll reward you the favour, keep up the good work and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick little update!

As I mentioned before I was going to hps, I was able to find a steal of a deal, I honestly think amazon messed up. I picked up a 600w Apollo horticulture electric ballast,2 bulbs(hps/mH), cool tube, light hangers and a timer all for $81.00, I have prime so shipping was free. He'll I figured it was worth a shot for $80' as I plan to still go to LED after car is fixed up!

They all came in tonight, so once I got home from worK, I was like a kid on Christmas, boxes to open, things to play with and adjust lol. Well I was able to get everything setup, made a trip to the local HD for some 6" insulated ducting, going from filter to cooltube to fan in attic. Loving the insulated ducting, everything is now super quiet in there. Hung the filter and cooltube, I have it at 24" above the canopy right now at 100%. I Also ordered a 100cfm 4" inline duct fan for my intake, I'm getting great negative pressure, and the filter passed the paper suction test too lol. Temps are rolling for the past two hours between 78-80 and RH staying between 49-50%.

So for about $100.00 made the main lady happy with noise reduction and now filter is up she can't complain about future odors. Plus with Amazon they give you 3 years warranty on the ballast along with the company saying exact same. Just a little Guarantee on some china tech lol.

As for the ladies, I bumped up the feeding after the transplant. Went from 1/4 strength unites to 1/2 strength. The shorter lady, was not too happy as you can see in photo she was a little down, I'm going to back her down a little on the feeding. However the other lady was all about the stronger nutes. She'll receive the same next feeding. Still on running FFOF, Advanded Sensi A/B, and mammoth P.

Also I did snag a clone of the taller pheno as I am starting to want to keep her as a mom for future scrog runs. Her uniform growth is very appealing. Going to see what kind of growth happens, plan in to flower in the next 3-4 weeks after scrog netting is filled up. Construction of that will be done within the next week and a half. Thanks again for everyone's input. Still a rook around these parts but excited for the knowledge that I'll encounter.

image37671.jpg
image37672.jpg
image37673.jpg
image37674.jpg
image37675.jpg

Nice man, glad things are falling into place for you. Humidity could be a little higher, but not too bad. The girls are looking good. Maybe gradually increase their feedings, keeping an eye on how they respond.

Thanks Man. It's good getting back in touch! Funny how this small rock were flying on never so gets old and isn't really that big anymore!

Yea humidity could be higher, but also gives me confidence for the drying. I'm thinking I may have to just dry in there for stealth For the time being. I'm still trying to look into the UVB bulbs to add towards the end of flower. I think they are for coral aquariums. But I read on a couple pages the 15k UVB bulbs pack on te frost the last 3-3 weeks.

Thanks For the good vibes!

Just a quick update, ladies and room are on cruise control, humidity flexes between 45-55% throughout the day. Lots of tops on the bigger lady, they are shooting up trying to capture as much energy as possible. My original plan was scroging and flipping these babies on election night to celebrate the vote lol. However I don't think 16 days is enough to scrog the full canopy then flip.

I may just use a screen for support, and still flip in 16 days to 12/12. Hmm decisions, decisions. I might just take someone clones of theore uniform and do a full scrog of that one pheno. The more squatty lady is stating to branch up more now. She's looking good nice fat chunky leaves all around.

image37702.jpg
the taller lady's topping.

image37727.jpg
image37728.jpg
image37729.jpg
image37730.jpg

That's the cool thing about growing man, you start out with one thing in mind, but your path may go a completely different direction by the end of the first grow. You just have to experiment and see what works best for you. I just noticed that your pics look yellow, are you running the HPS bulb? Should be rocking the MH bulb right now until you flip.

Yo! Sorry I've been busy with the life!

I know I should be rocking the MH but I honestly was too lazy to disassemble the tube setup to change the bulb, then turn around and do it again in a couple of weeks. But next runs will be under the MH unless the veg tent gets up and running in which I'll be using the t5!

So in the time I've been gone built up the scrog net, and have been on a steady 4 day dry and feed schedule. The smaller one is drinking 1.5 gallons of water in 4 days where the bigger lady takes 2 gallons with ease.

I'm going to look up when a good time to defoliate and lollipop these babies. Any thoughts?

image37792.jpg
image37793.jpg
image37794.jpg
image37795.jpg

Welcome back man. As far as defoliation goes I think you are fine to do it any time in veg. Some prefer to take a tiny bit every day or so while others prefer to dive in all at once. I generally do it any time I feel in veg, then a good thinning before the flip or flower and let them ride. I would get them screens filled up and then you can trim the undergrowth before the flip. But I also have no SCROG experience so I may be way off base.

Yea, I've been looking up, and it seems public opinion goes both ways. Defoliate in veg or defoliate first week of flower. My lady on the right wants to just take over! She's spreading out wide now. The plan is to fill it up as much as possible but the also will have some stretch I would assume in first 2 weeks of flower. But limited with the scrog. Idk we shall see!

Can't complain tho man, what's funny is getting on here and reading and posting photos takes more of my time then being in the room! It's only two right now, but were on cruise control man. My biggest project is turning the garage into the new indoor hydro garden. My old lady wants to starting having fresh herbs, vegetables and varieties of lettuce going. There is a nice hydro/farmers market store and now she saw that and wants one. So it's been cleaning and reorganizing that whole bitch!

Thanks bro for the advice!

Hey man it's going great man! Sorry for the lack of updates right now. Between work and havin some fun I just haven't set the time aside for the updates. But anyhow it's going great man! Room is on cruise control, turn the inline fan down to 45% as we had some guest come in to town and wanted to reduce some noise. The plus to this was humidity came up from a flat 50%> 58% and temps stayed at 76*.

Bloom nutes should arrive today and then lights will be flipped tomorrow after election results. Screen has filled up nicely, and both ladies are rocking some thick stems and bulk on her branches and new off shoots. We've been on a easy going 3-4 day feeding, be been waiting for soil to be dry at least 3-4" deep before feeding.

image37825.jpg
image37826.jpg
image37827.jpg
image37828.jpg

image37832.jpg
image37831.jpg

Nice man, looks like you got some good stems. The screen looks nice and full. Amazing what happens when we experiment, turn down fan speed and get the same temp with more humidity. I can't get temps to 76 without freezing out the room the tent is in. Before you flip you are going to need to get at that undergrowth.

Back
Top Bottom