Dinafem Blue Kush - 2x4 SCROG With Advanced & Mammoth

re: Dinafem Blue Kush - 2x4 Scrog With Advanced & Mammoth

Yea man, that's the plan for tonight man! Just wrapped up cleaning them up. Got some quality clones, and jammed it out in about 1.5 hours. I was beat, helped out Sgt.Saam unload a shit ton of pavers earlier. Lol so I had to force myself to knock it out.

The bigger lady needed another feeding but I went straight water on her as I plan to prepare for the bloom nutes, wanted her to eat up as much of the nutrients already present before flipping. Was a nice surprise to see balanced temps and humidity coming up lol. It's fun and interesting finding the little tweaks in the room.

The nutes and additives came in, so I'll be running the bloom a+b, b52,overdrive, Big Bud along with Mammoth P still. Plan to keep them at the 50% strength as the mammoth helps intake more nutrients and allows for less nutes and more growth, atleast that's their selling point! Hahaha

Check under her skirt now! Lol
image37834.jpg
image37835.jpg

On that first picture it looks like those two lower nodes could come off as well. I think I would personally do a bit more clean up on the first one.

Sgt. Saam, seems like he is doing well man. At least it seems that his mailboxes are safe. For now.

Yo!

Just a quick update, on day 3 of flowers. Flushed the past two watering a with just plain water. Preparing for the first feeding with bloom nutes and additives. Had a accident and broke a couple tops off trying to weave through screen. However tlill take that lesson and appl going forward.

Temps are now even better now winter is rolling in. Lights out we're dipping down to 68 and with light on it peaks at 77. Fan is tuning at 45% still and humidity peaks at 62% halfway through light cycle.

I'll be running Sensi A+B, B-52, Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, Bud Candy and mammoth P. They'll be at 3/4 strength of recommended calendar from AN. So far no complaints. Pre flowers have been forming leading up the flip. Once lights come on I'll get some close ups if the pre-flowers.
image37859.jpg
image37860.jpg

Ladies are banging out when I got home. I'm nt going to less with weaving through the screen anymore. Just going to let them ride and do their thing. I plan to defoliate large fan leaves throughout the cycle to allow light penetration and plant growth focus soley on the buds. From what I've read, it's a split case again. Se say leave fan leaves as they are like solar panels and soak up light energy for plant growth. Which is true, however we're delivering exactly what the plants needs with nutrients and perfect environmental conditions. So some say excess fan leaves can be trimmed and the plants will focus on the bud development more so then large fans.

Just a couple quick shots. Sorry for the yellow.
Can move them and don't want to turn light on/off that unless necessary.

Tried to get a decent shot of the pre-flower, as well as even canopy level shot and an overhead shot.
image37865.jpg
image37864.jpg
image37863.jpg

Screen looks nice and full, flipped at just the right time it looks like. Excited to see how this one turns out, seems like the luck/skill is with you so far.

Thanks Brix!

Yea I'm pretty content with how things are rolling. I out a lot of planning into it and made sure everything would work out together. Room is on autopilot. Growth had exploded, as expected, in day 6 of flower. The light was adjusted up 4" to accommodate for potential stretching. I didn't want to bleach or burn the canopy oath light too close, however with the cool tube, I can touch glass and it's not even hot after a couple of hours at 100%.

But was able to stand on a stool to get an over head shot. The first pic is mainly of the bushier pheno. She's on the right of the screen. The secon photo is of both the ladies, as you can see the more indica dominant lady is slowly filling in her canopy. If I would have let it I could have filled entire canopy up with just the one lady. May keep that in mind for next run. May save on
Nutes and feedings lol.

image37877.jpg
image37878.jpg

The next pics are of the under skirts of these ladies. I must say this mammoth p sure does bulk these stems up. Rock solid and thick and 66 days in. The first photo is of the shorter more indica dominant strain. I wear extra large vin to gloves and this is my hand as a comparison for the thickness of the stems. The second is of the more bushier pheno. Same here nice size and strength.
image37879.jpg
image37880.jpg

Looking good at the end of flower week 1.

What's going on! Things are rolling great! We're still on auto pilot! Ladies are building bud sites and rolling strong. Tonight I hit them with a hard defoliation early and then will give 3 weeks for another big defoliation. Light penetration won't be an issue this run at all. I'll have to leave for 3-4 days so will add a light feedin to make sure ladies have plenty of water to drink up while I'm gone. Snapped a few photos before the defoliation and then after.

image37906.jpg
image378811.jpg
image37907.jpg

Lot of exposed screen there, might have gone a bit heavy handed with the defoliation. Perhaps you can weave some of the taller stalks through the scrog to expose those side nodes.

re: Dinafem Blue Kush - 2x4 SCROG With Advanced & Mammoth

I had thoughts of that but it would have been really difficult with the length of them. I was hesitant to try again as I did snap a few tops off before trying to weave them through. For this run I'll just leave this screen how it is. Next run, I should be able to fill this screen up with 1 plant and pull a decent harvest. That or just 2 of this particular pheno on the right.

I have some rooted clones ready to be potted, and then I have 1 already vegging to keep the genetics going for next run.
Today i have them a gallon each of straight water going to be gone for couple of days. See y'all then! Happy turkey Day!

Took these pics on Friday. Just never got around to updating until this morning. They are filling back in and doing their thing! Soil still had some moisture so that's a win!

Just keeping things on auto pilot!
image37937.jpg
image37938.jpg

Just a little shot of the bud site development. Looking healthy!
image37939.jpg

Looking good man, you are right on point with the nutes it looks like. Interested to see the results.

So just still keeping things on auto pilot as far temp and humidity.

The lady on the left is starting to pack on bud faster then her counterpart and looks to be the typical indica heavy pheno with dense and bulky flowers. However the counterpart on the right is showing to produce more trichomes covering all stems and leaves all around bud sites. However the buds are not as bulky yet, but more bud sites compared to the indica pheno.

Either way I am very happy for the results so far. Sorry for the poor photos. I will work on finding a good light source for photos.

Thanks for stopping in.

420-magazine-mobile826617126.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2051232234.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1245127983.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2125752262.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Forgot to add, that you can see the one top that has been bleached as she got too close to the light. I dont want to raise the light up any further then it is at the moment. That's the biggest issue so far. Whats interesting is the top is actually bright white. Itll be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks with that top.

So back in for a little update.

I was able to LST the node away from the light and reduce the bleaching the buds were receiving. The nugs actually shifted which was cool to see. There a pic below. The temps are humidity are still rolling on auto control. Highs of 78 and lows of 69 in the dark. Avg temp is right around 76 for majority of the 12 hours. Humidity stays around 58% and dips to 42% at its lowest.

As far as my light height. it ranges across my canopy. The cola closest to the light is about 10" away. The avg height of the Colas to the light is right around 14". Im running a cooltube Setup CannaRuss so it allows me to get the light a little closer then non cool tube Hps light. Ive heard mix reviews about LEDS. Ive seen some try to keep them 20" away to maintain the proper spread they sell the light for, however i say it truly comes down to trial and error. I don't lift the light unless i see stress caused by it being too close. I haven't had any issues with that method. Unless your running a high end LED. I wouldnt think you would be worrying about Bleaching.

20161210_191907.jpg
Sativa Pheno- Right side of screen
20161210_191822.jpg
Indica Pheno Nug shot Fat and Dense. Shes packing fat bud on.
20161210_191656.jpg
Indica Pheno Nug shot 2
20161210_191618.jpg
Shot of Indica Cola
20161210_200134.jpg
Bleached top Cola shifted nugs
20161210_200203.jpg
She is doing good with her bald head!

Keeping them greener than I am. Going to make me give the chem nutes a swing, I swear.

Back
Top Bottom