Dinafem Cheese

subbed! plants are looking good man, real bushy. regarding the leaf yellowing, it may be down to overwatering or a nitrogen problem. but imho i wouldnt worry about it as i'd look to defoliate the leaves anyway. here's a link to help you identify the problem mate. good luck.

Plant Abuse Chart

DINAFEM CHEESE START OF WEEK 8
Nice bit of white hairs starting to show up..:peace:
Still have around 60 more days of VEG left...

Do you mean 60 days of FLOWER left? With all those pistils showing up I'd say she is beginning to bloom for you. If this is the case you'll experience stretch for about 1-2 weeks. After the stretch you'll get a good idea on overall height as you may gain another 6 inches of bud height after the stretch finishes. This is all approximations of course as genetics and environment will also play a role.

Don't worry too much about the yellowing unless it spreads but treat lightly with nutrients.

Lookin good dude :thumb:

Welcome momomonster, enjoy the trip

DINAFEM CHEESE WEEK 8
Other than yellowing on one leaf the plant seems to be doing great,
Sorry the pictures are crappy it's been raining all day
I don't know why my pictures keep getting turned but whatever

image11029.jpg
image11032.jpg
image11036.jpg

NUTES:
FOX FARM TRIO- followed as scheduled
FLORANOVA GROW - 1 tsp/gal to thicken up secondary foliage and increase veg. production
EPSPOM SALT - 1 tbsp scratched into top of soil to maximize Chlorophyll production and improve magnesium
[Dyna-Grow pure neem oil applied as directed]-PEST CONTROL

image11039.jpg

Took a clone about 2 hours ago and it's looking fine, within 15 minutes of being cloned all the leaves were drooping severely, but it's made a nice recovery over the past hour and a half

Should I make a new journal for this or just add it to this one?

Your plant looks like a good size to be flowering. I have read that some plants get to an age where they are mature enough to flower at any moment and usually at that age they will start popping preflowers and pistils but still be in veg. Preflowers that show up this way are on the main stem near leaf and branch nodes. Your pistils are looking clustered on the top which is more of a flowering trait. If you look closely at the tops when in VEG they will have a symetrical look as leafs protrude in regular pairs perpedicular to each previous set. When in FLOWER the tops will begin to look clustered and more circular as the tops will sort of turn to a bundled irregular look.

On starting a new journal its totally up to you. I'd say do it. If detailed enough someone else may learn from your success or failure. I see it as a benefit for everyone. Your current journal is fun to follow.

Thanks CH, yea she's been showing pistils at the main stem since week 4 and she might be setting up to flower but I think she might can hold off for at least another 2 weeks

Outdoor cannabis flowering times can vary depending on latitude and genetics.

You should be aware that cannabis can also flower in the Spring if it is sexually mature enough. In that case it can literally finish flowering by the June solstice.

For plants that are not sexually mature, or do not flower in Spring, they vegetate all spring and summer to large sizes and flower in August. The fast finishing strains (at least in my area) are done by mid-September, and the other slower sativas usually go until mid October.

For plants that are not far enough into flower to finish by ~June, they become signaled to re vegetate for the longer days, so using given breeder flowering times, and looking at a plant and being able to say " its X days away from harvest" is a bit misleading. Outdoors the conditions are variable, the days can be cloudy, and cooler from one day to the next. The ripening and flowering rates are not the same, and have to be played by ear.

The original estimation that the plant would have an additional 60 days of veg before it starts to flower sometime in August is correct. You should have one nicely sized bush by the end of summer since she is in for the long haul.:thumb:

thanks Relaxed Lester, my original plans were for it to start flower around august 5th-16th, then i saw all the preflowers and pistils showing a good bit of white hairs so thought she was starting to flower so i was worried about it being a much smaller yield

and i was hoping she would be in for the long haul and not finish early:high-five:

I'm looking forward to your successive updates as I'm curious what your girl is doing. I think I'm going to learn from this one. I enjoy when Relaxed Lester drops in with some wisdom. Reading his posts is almost like watching Cosmos. My brain turns into a sponge and starts absorbing.

yea I enjoy having RL around for any outdoor issues im having.... we were all beginners at some point right?
:Namaste:
I will be one happy guy if she is too big for the greenhouse before she even starts stretching to flower

Wow what a beautiful plant you have there. I have a friend growing the exact same strain but have not seen his yet. Will try and get a pic when I do and post it here for a comparison.

Cant go wrong with a good cheese strain and yours looks like she i gonna be a gem.

Subbed!!

thanks jack dabs,

she's doing good, hoping she produces a lot of quality medicine

and I would like to see a picture of his dinafem cheese too

Very very good and good job AmG. i loved the video, very bushy lady !! Lot's of future buds.

much appreciated tadlawid, i'm probably going to add a video once a week, ive been on plenty of journals and have only seen one other person add video to it so I decided I should..

I was medicated today so I didn't go check on the plant, hope all is well with her,
Added a picture from the other day I forgot to upload so here it is
image11069.jpg

Picture from 6/10/14

The secondary branches are getting serous!:420:
Yesterday it was 92 degrees with 83% humidity in the greenhouse, need to raise the plastic up from the bottom on all sides to lower those numbers to optimal conditions to watch her grow at a staggering rate
80 degrees with 40-60% humidity is ideal

much appreciated tadlawid, i'm probably going to add a video once a week, ive been on plenty of journals and have only seen one other person add video to it so I decided I should..

CoFinest do really great job with videos. !! Have a good and relaxing night.

so I got super medicated earlier today and said I wasn't going to go see the plant then I took another couple hits and a few dabs and decided to go see my plant after all, she makes my day!

DINAFEM CHEESE WEEK 8 (day 58)
IMG954466.jpg

she's lost under 4 leaves the entire grow, including the 2 sprout leaves so i'd say she's quite happy
watering is getting difficult to do.. any ideas that doesn't involve moving training lines?
with high temps and high humidity in the greenhouse she is thriving, but high humidity brings mold so i would rather just lower the humidity a bit to optimal conditions and not have to worry about it near as much

NUTES:
FOX FARM TRIO- followed as scheduled
FLORANOVA GROW - 1 tsp/gal to thicken up secondary foliage and increase veg. production
EPSPOM SALT - 1 tbsp scratched into top of soil to maximize Chlorophyll production and improve magnesium
[Dyna-Grow pure neem oil applied as directed]-PEST CONTROL

the diy greenhouse I made has helped this plant with right above perfect temperatures and high humidity and when I was making it all I was thinking of was blocking rain and wind, try one out my outdoor growing friends,

comments and advice are appreciated

AMGrows out :peace:

woke up and went to look at my plant this morning, and when I was about 50 feet away I could tell the greenhouse didn't look right
it was completely flipped over with most of the plastic removed from it
turns out the cows have gotten switched to the field where my greenhouse is and decided to check it out last night....:yikes:
luckily the plant was still sitting directly where it was yesterday with no signs of stress or injury
I put up some big limbs about 3 feet off the ground surrounding the plant, to hopefully detour them (if they want to get to my plant theres nothing I can do to stop them though) fingers crossed that the limb fence will keep them away,

cheese clone #1
0613141203.jpg

the clone is alive and well, its the 3rd day since the cut was made and everything is still perky and green so i'd say that's a positive, didn't feel like taking off the humidity dome to take the picture but I promise shes doing better than this picture shows

temp goes to 74 with lights out and sits perfectly at 77 with the lights on,

Back
Top Bottom