DIY Closet - Soil - Unknown - Grow Journal - 2011

cspWarsaw

Welcome to my grow journal.
All of the equipment I have for this grow is entirely homemade and easily accessible. I come from a very small town with almost no specialty stores.

This will be my very first attempt at growing and I can assure you it is nothing fancy. The more information you can provide me will only help me along my way. I hope this trial will help prepare me for my second grow attempt with proper seed and equipment.

Everything I use was purchased at Walmart or Home Hardware.

-Unknown strain in veg.

-Acquired as a clone when the seeds I ordered did not arrive.

-Growing her in my closet in a 1.25 gallon bucket.

-160w CFL 2x 4100k and 2x 2700k.

-Pests include; Girlfriend and an unknown bug munching out on her leaves.

-Fertilizer to be used; plant-prod ultimate all purpose fert (20-20-20).

Re: DIY Closet - Soil, Unknown. Grow Journal - 2011

1.5 weeks in and she drooped on me. I did NOT use ferts and simply watered her once with bottled water. Tips went yellow and she is having a hard time recovering from the droop.

SAM_0432.JPG

So i've been having a lot of trouble with the droop in my plant, it also seems to be stunted and browing on the tips of the leaves.

Unfortunately I don't really know what happened to it before I got it so i'm just going out on a limb and decided to water it with 1 cup of water including a pinch of 20-20-20 nutes in an attempt to give it a boost.

I don't even think i have any good branch to clone so if it dies I don't think I can save it.

If all is lost, i'll just go back to the drawing board, and try and get better equipped with proper seed, PH meter and a 5 gal bucket.

fingers crossed

20-20-20 may be too much nute rating for the young one. If you can let it dry out a bit before watering again. Does the container have holes at the bottom for drainage? Could be over watering. The plant looks like it have some N deficiency (or the light is casting more yellow) so let it use some of the nute you just gave it for few days and see what happen.

great, thanks for stopping by twelve. the container does have holes at the bottom of the pot, in fact when i watered it i stuck my finger into the soil and it was dry right to my knuckle. so i don't know if over watering is the issue, unless the plat is really root bound.

i'll post again in a couple of days to let you know what happened with the nutes.

definitely a N deficiency. maybe also too much heat could be the drooping problem

i don't really know if i should pull the lights up higher or not, they seem fine to me the only indicator that they could be too close is that its not stretching at all, any new leaves coming from the plant are right on top of each other.. i suppose i'll raise the lights.

After raising the lights and watering her with a small amount of nutes she seems to be perking up in the newer foliage. I'll hang on to her and hope for the best until my seeds come in from Nirvana and my nuts from Blue Planet.

also, some of the white hairs around the leader are turning brown.. is this not a sign of being ready to harvest? I know she was cloned from a mother who was a few weeks into flower but I was under the assumption that this was a good time to clone a plant?

If the mother was in flower then the clone is too. It will take some time for it to revert back to vegetative growth. I usually cut my clones right before I switch the mother into flower.

Just my $0.02

Sub'd

I like the hood... DId you make it or buy it?

made it myself, just sheet metal 2ft long x 1ft wide x 6inches high. should have made the side flaps more like 8 or 9 inches because they don't cover the light all the way. in the picture there i have survival blanket paper clipped to the back, i have it removed now.

I don't yet have a PH adjuster kit, only the PH meter. but i have some nutrients from Blue planet nutrients coming in, should be here in a few days, he explained that by adding them to my mix it should bring the PH down to around 5.5.

I'm also looking into buying some adjusters. Just having a hard time finding them.

I don't yet have a PH adjuster kit, only the PH meter. but i have some nutrients from Blue planet nutrients coming in, should be here in a few days, he explained that by adding them to my mix it should bring the PH down to around 5.5.

I'm also looking into buying some adjusters. Just having a hard time finding them.

Vinegar will work to adjust the PH down. Pour a gallon of water and add a few drops at a time until you get the hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom