Gubba's Grow Journal - 2012

DSC009576.JPG

This is a better angle to see the flowers...Red arrows provided for your viewing pleasure! :tokin:

DSC009605.JPG

DSC009594.JPG

DSC009586.JPG

It has been 7 days since putting her into flower. She has grown over a foot and im running out of vertical space. Thinking about stringing her tops town to the sides a bit with string to keep from burning her. Only have about 1 foot more room to take the light up. Ideas?

:Namaste:

how big was the plant when you flipped it to flower, most double in size and some can grow 3 times as much, i mean worse case would be that you top it, this then could be cloned and it would end up monster cropped, which is what i have done and you end up with a plant with more branches than you ever need, makes a great mother, im vegging mine and flowering them, it takes a while to reveg them though so bare that in mind, mine stretched for the 1st 2 weeks then slowed so i think you have got at least another week of growth left, im not sure if it will grow another foot in that time, i wouldnt of thought so though, but ive not grown that much so cant be 100% sure on that.

if you plan on using lst to pull the tops down then you would be better off doing it early so the plants got time to grow from it, the bigger it gets the harder the stem will be to lst,

Ok. so I used string to basically pull the tops away from the center a bit. Kinda like the spokes on a wheel. This should give me a few days where the tops try to bend back towards the light. I will send pics this afternoon, and work it from there. I can raise the lights another 3-3.5 feet if I move my mounts into the ceiling but I hope to avoid that. I may also get a 2nd Mini-Sunburst 400 today and get rid of the 200w CFLs that I am using! Adding that much more light will cause more growth but should also increase yeild correct?

Thanks again...

@jandre, any chance you can drop your cloning guide over to canukgal, and let her know about the humidity needed at high levels, i made a dome out of old 2ltr pop bottles that i cut up and placed over the cuttings, im also trying something new and thats cloning into water to see how it works, i got roots growing on 1 clone but been out all day, i think canukgal needs some advice on cloning and im not the best to give it, i did say id drop you a msg as you have the knowledge and expertise to pass onto her, hope you dont mind

@jandre, any chance you can drop your cloning guide over to canukgal, and let her know about the humidity needed at high levels, i made a dome out of old 2ltr pop bottles that i cut up and placed over the cuttings, im also trying something new and thats cloning into water to see how it works, i got roots growing on 1 clone but been out all day, i think canukgal needs some advice on cloning and im not the best to give it, i did say id drop you a msg as you have the knowledge and expertise to pass onto her, hope you dont mind

Will do, Thanks for the heads-up! ummm... I cannot find a Canukgal... Will try variants. Found her..... CanuckGal

Ok, bad news...I found what I am 90% sure are two male flowers on her today. Looked like two little balls, promptly plucked them off and disected them. Took photo's but for some reason the 420 site will not let me upload any pictures for the past few days. I assume my best course of action is to check her each day and remove any male flowers I see as to keep the possibillity of seeds to a minimum? Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks...

:Namaste:

Other than in the very beginning when we had the nutes issue and corrected with Bloodmeal, she has been steady on growth and on health. some springtails in the soil but i am treating her for them over the past two weeks. Watering cycle is steady 2-3 days and nutes are not too heavy. I took a picture of one of the pods I popped off of her but cant get them to upload to the 420 site, keeps telling me no WWW connection after I click upload. I work in IT so I know it is not a problem on my side LOL. Will try a different PC to upload tonight. Also, I guess my clones will be a waste to keep as well??? Thanks...

Additionally, all of the male looking flowers seem to be on just 1 branch, is this just coincidence or normal? Would I do well to just remove that entire branch? It is one of the two main tops and has several nice nugs developing on it :(

are you sure it was a male pod and not just the small pods the pistils grow out of on a female plant, these looks like small little green things and they grow white pistils out of them, these usually grow by the nodes, a female will have 1 either side of a node, a male will grow many of these and wont have any white hairs coming out of them, make sure its a male before you remove it, take some pics if you can, jandre will be able to tell you more about these things the pistils grow out of, im sure their is a name for them, calyx or something like that, get some pics up and we can tell you easier what it is, a male will have many of these pods growing at the nodes, a female will have 1 calyx either side of the node, these have white hairs coming out of them, get some pics if it lets you put them up, people have removed males in the past when in fact they are females, make sure your 100% before you remove it,

i know your concerned it could be hermie, but it might not so dont worry to much just yet, pictures will be the best option

Other than in the very beginning when we had the nutes issue and corrected with Bloodmeal, she has been steady on growth and on health. some springtails in the soil but i am treating her for them over the past two weeks. Watering cycle is steady 2-3 days and nutes are not too heavy. I took a picture of one of the pods I popped off of her but cant get them to upload to the 420 site, keeps telling me no WWW connection after I click upload. I work in IT so I know it is not a problem on my side LOL. Will try a different PC to upload tonight. Also, I guess my clones will be a waste to keep as well??? Thanks...

Additionally, all of the male looking flowers seem to be on just 1 branch, is this just coincidence or normal? Would I do well to just remove that entire branch? It is one of the two main tops and has several nice nugs developing on it :(

Just keep clicking "Refresh" and click "OK" to resend info, eventually it will take. Sometimes it will take a few tries if you're uploading many pics at once, but once it catches, you're good.

DSC009657.JPG

DSC009617.JPG

The seed looking thing is one of the things I popped off, it didn't seem very attached to the node area where I saw it, and found about 6 total all of which were on one of the two main tops. The other pic was from 3 days ago just showing how the nugs are starting to form up.

its possibly hermie then, if you have a look at the main bud and pull back any leaf growth you should be able to tell if its male or female, if it has many of them balls clumped together then those are male sacs, let jandre have a look at the pic and see what he thinks, if it is hemie then id grow it somewhere else and let it pollenate and collect some pollen and collect the seeds,

if it was a fem seed then chances are the seeds will be all fem, but could hermie with a low amount of stress, people do grow them and get a perfect plant, or what you can do is collect the pollen, the pollenate another plant and this will then give you 100%fem seeds.

the choice is yours though mate, if you risk getting pollen on the other plants then id kill it, you dont want to go near the hermie when its releasing pollen as it gets in clothes and spreads real easy, see what jandre says, to me it looks like male parts, if they had no pistils coming out of them then it must be going hermie,

I only have the 1 plant so cross pollination is not a risk. If Jandre does confirm a Hermie then I will check her each day to try and remove any male flowers I do find in the hopes of not getting tons of seed in the nuggets. I realize that I will probably miss a few flowers as she gets deeper into flower but a little prevention will go a long way, I hope! :Namaste:

DSC009705.JPG

DSC009695.JPG

I will keep my eyes open for any new "eggs" and send photos while still attached to the plant if/when I see them again. Also can you give me an idea what she may need based on the pictures I have attached? These are her bottom sets of fan leaves. No bugs visible so I have to assume it is nutes. I switched from TeraVega to TeraFlora when I switched her to flower. Suggestions please?

I will keep my eyes open for any new "eggs" and send photos while still attached to the plant if/when I see them again. Also can you give me an idea what she may need based on the pictures I have attached? These are her bottom sets of fan leaves. No bugs visible so I have to assume it is nutes. I switched from TeraVega to TeraFlora when I switched her to flower. Suggestions please?

This may simply be because of the hard switch from veg to flower nutes with no transition period. Sometimes when there is no transition in nutes right when you switch to flower, the plant is still in Veg mode, and it shows a deficiency until the plant shifts into flower. Just keep an eye on it and see if it progresses.

Back
Top Bottom