Gubba's Grow Journal #2

Gubba3Bump

Howdy all,
I am back for another swing. Started my new little girl several weeks ago. Put her into flower about week 4 as I want to experiment with how much quantity I can expect from a faster start/finish grow with smaller plants.

Specifics:
Sunshine Advanced Rainforest Blend (Coca)
Canna - Terra Vega during Veg
Canna - Terra Flora during flower
Seed - Unknown "But Top 10 in quality I have ever had" (Taste, Smell, High, and Duration of buzz).
Lights - 400W Mini-Sunburst x1; and 4 200w CFLs.

My one mistake here is that I used smaller pots 8" in an effort to see how the next grow would turn out. I wish I had gone with 5 gal soft pots like the 1st grow. More space, but I can certainly tell the difference already.

A couple of Pics coming tonight. :peace:

My 1st indoor grow (Sylvia) Gubba's Grow Journal - 2012

09216.JPG

09120.JPG

Early in Flower...I think yield may be a little lower than I want, but she is rooted in an 8" container.

Hello mate, yellowing of the lower fan leaves during flowering is pretty much normal. A lot of the energy of the plant will be sent upward, toward the upper-most regions. As long as you don't see a illness, or something spreading through all the newer growth up top then you should be fine. I don't think it's necessarily from being root bound, but you'd notice a lot more than just yellowing of the leaves if it was actually root rot. Root bound will just make the plant smaller, and slow down growth somewhat. As you knew, 5 gal pots were the way to go, but you'll just have to ride out these waves because you don't want to transplant mid-flower.

Hope this helps.:peace:

Good to see you Chronic...I know you were following my 1st grow. She is about 24" tall which is what I wanted. I'm in the process of building out my new grow room and want to play with keeping them short and fat. She is short but not so fat. Think I will stick with the 5gal soft pots next time (like last time).

Thanks Lester for the reply...Just need to put my mind at ease and let her do her thing. :thumb:

Thanks for keeping an eye on me Jandre! She is a seed from my last grow which hermied out on me, I was able to keep the male flowers plucked but did end up with about 100-150 seeds. I gave about 20 to a friend who has done two grows using them and both hermied so I was worried. I have yet to see any signs of male flowers on this little girl tho.

:Namaste:

Harvest done...Not without problems though. I was required to travel to Key West for work for 5 days before the last week of flower. My 19 yo was supposed to stop by my place and water her 3 days after I left, but she did'nt do it so when I returned home it had been 6 days since the last watering and as a result all fan leaves were yellow and dead. Not even a picture worthy shot. I harvested immediately (4 days early) and cleaned her up as best I could but the taste/smell is definitely affected. Still a very good buzz, but not very pleasant on the taste buds. Total yield was just over 3/4 oz.

Next time my 19 yo asks for a little bud, she gets this as her "freebie"

This will be my last post on this thread. Thanks all for following/comments.

:Namaste:

looking good man:thumb:
oh my that last part didnt come up till i posted so this is an edit
sorry to hear about your misfortune but we was all that age and im sure we mighta made the same mistake if it wasnt our own, at that age all you wanna do is have fun lol
im sure your next grow will be awesome:cheer:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom