Jack Herer & Northern Lights In Canna Terra Pro Plus: 4x4 Indoor LED Grow

Full nutes again including PK13/14. Only watering two of the four. The other two need another day to be dry.

Jack Herer - second tallest of the 3.

Northern Light - Smallest of the 4. Suffered the most during the "great light no timer screw up" from week 2 of flowering. Now its back with a vengeance.

I switched to flower on 24-10, but left a light on for a few days (not sure how many) in the second week. This caused the Northern Light to reset completely, but the Jack Herers just stalled. Everythings looking good, but I'm pretty sure that time wise I'm closer to 5 weeks flowering than 7. This pic is from a week ago. I think I've got another 3 weeks to go.

Shot of the tent with the lights off this morning. So getting there.

I've been feeding nutrients for every water save one the other week when I was away. Very minimal signs of nutrient burn and plenty of signs that the nutrients are getting to the plant. Bright purple stems. The overwhelming majority of the leaves are very healthy. I'm pruning a bit every day that I see something blocking the upper and mid tier bud sites. I've used PK13/14 for the past two weeks because a) its meant for 3 weeks prior to harvest and b) it's almost gone so I might as well use it. I think that's the bright purple in the stems. It is meant to turbo charge the boost nutrient.

Aside from the light screw up that put flowering back 2 weeks nothing has gone wrong. I haven't broken anything, no bugs, the plants look ridiculously healthy. Shouldn't some of the leaves be dying? Anyway, I think I'm 3 weeks away.

Nice man, great work! Love Jack Herer and am excited to have found this active journal! Did you see a range in phenos across your 3 JH seeds or were they all the bushy/ indica leaning varietal Sensi talks about on their site? This is on my list of potential next grows, but I’m just a little concerned with height and couldn’t tell how tall your tallest one is? Once again nice work and looking forward to continuing to watch!

I'll measure the tallest for you. I think it's about 3 feet, but the pot adds another foot. The tallest is willowy. The second is bushy, the third is a smaller version of the second. Bud wise they all look the same. I'm also growing a northern light, which is the smallest of the bunch. I topped all of these and did a little LST. You can definitely control their height by going horizontal. I was concerned that they would get in each others way, so I limited that. I probably would have been better off with 2 plants, but I don't have the confidence yet.

Awesome man, appreciate your help and nice to know they’re controllable (I’m a bit limited on space). Happy to see you growing this strain, definitely something special about a well grown Jack Herer. Tried a great example from the Cannbiotix team in CA, and have always wondered what version they had (sensi or something else). Been debating which strain to grow next - 3 contenders are Sensi JH, Sensi Eagle Bill, or Dynasty Genetics Pineapple Diesel.

I have very limited experience with current seeds, so I’m trying different ones. Back in the good old days there was very limited choice. My favourite so far is Green Crack CBD.
Same on the trying new stuff, but the strains considered “old school” are catching my eye more these days. Tried some Nigerian Haze recently and absolutely loved it - a total change of pace from the super potent exotics (which are also great). That’s why I’m drawn to trying Eagle Bill. I’ll have to look into the GC CBD.

It would be a lot easier, if we named these plants in a way that told you sex, type (hybrid, Indica, Sativa), and % THC, %CBD.

F**K !!!!!

My tallest Jack Herer has powdery mildew. I thought it was resin. I noticed it a week ago. It looked like the flower had sprayed a bunch of pollen onto the leaves. A few days later another bud did the same, but less pronounced. It just doesn't look right, so I researched it today. These pics are nasty. Once you know what you are looking for on the leaves it's easy. I cut several branches off, a bunch of buds, and lots of leaves. This is what it looks like.

Those were the worst. What a bummer.

Live an learn. This stuff is preventable. You foliar spray with different concoctions to prevent it from forming. It likes cold with high humidity. The other week we had those exact conditions. My tent spiked up to 70% after a watering. Usually the RH is around 50 or below. I bud wash, so I'll be using the four buckets this time. H202 (hydrogen peroxide) in the first will kill the spores. I'll have a close look tomorrow at the other plants. Anyone have experience with this?

Man that sucks!! Not sure what to do about it, following along. It's mostly preventable with good airflow right?

Man that sucks!! Not sure what to do about it, following along. It's mostly preventable with good airflow right?
Never happened before.

It’s a combination of things. I have two small fans blowing in the tent. I have an extractor pulling air out the top and one blowing air into the tent from the bottom. The air going out has to be more than the air going in or the pressure in the tent will be the wrong way. Maybe I should add another inside. The plants don’t move like they use to, because the buds are really swelling.

I think it’s a combination of humidity and temperature. Next time I will foliar spray with something that kills the spores. In any case I’m a week or so away from harvest (I think). I can’t spray them now.

I also think I’ve got too dense a canopy. I was going for wall to wall cover. I think I’ll do 2 next time, or 4 and start flowering after 3 or 4 weeks. The other thing would be to defoliate a lot more underneath the canopy. That probably would have helped.

Or maybe just foliar spray next time. Yes. Why don’t I just do that.

Was most of the bad areas in the undercanopy with less air and light than other places?

Back
Top Bottom