Do Pollinated Plants Use More Nutes

Great question! Wish I had a definitive answer. My swag (scientific wild-ass guess) is that they do, but I also think if you have the nutes for growing/flowering available the plant will change it's nutrient uptake to account for seed production. If there's nutrients lacking, then it could definitely effect seed production, but you'd probably know that nutrients are lacking by the overall condition of the plant prior to pollenization.

Was just curious if seed production could be stunted to one stop, make the plant focus on flowering more since seed is lost cause?? I feel like that would end catastrophically cuz the plant would sacrifice self for seed production...

EDIT: Would save strains from death. Maybe just one wild fantasy, but imagine one world with all sensimilla! No matter if you one noob, and accidentally got your flowers pollinated.

My swag (scientific wild-ass guess)

:high-five: :rofl:

Wondering if anybody knows if one pollinated plant requires more or less of any nute cuz stay producing seed. I did one quick search but only came up with pollination process, nothing on nutrient needs for healthy viable seed.

Nitrogen. They need more nitrogen to produce viable seeds. I heard a breeder on a podcast say this quite emphatically “you’re growing seeds now not flowers” and suggested increasing N intake.

Have a look and see if your P’s and K’s are nitrates or sulphates, maybe?

:high-five: :rofl:

Nitrogen. They need more nitrogen to produce viable seeds. I heard a breeder on a podcast say this quite emphatically “you’re growing seeds now not flowers” and suggested increasing N intake.

Have a look and see if your P’s and K’s are nitrates or sulphates, maybe?
Using MC, PK is nitrate... I think??

Back
Top Bottom