Do you know what kind of mold it is?

I'm always hesitant to spray something on my flower, especially big one. (scared to make it mold lol.)
Until we remember that what we are spaying is supposed to get rid of the molds/mildews. We realize the water in the mix but forget that the water :)is carrying whatever we have chosen to make the surface of the plant inhospitable or deadly to the spores, etc.

are you only noticing it after harvest ? or have you seen it on the buds beforehand ?

you can grow clean and mold after easily if you're not hanging and curing proper. no amount of prevention in grow will halt that.

Until we remember that what we are spaying is supposed to get rid of the molds/mildews. We realize the water in the mix but forget that the water :)is carrying whatever we have chosen to make the surface of the plant inhospitable or deadly to the spores, etc.

Yeah true. I need to give a try.

are you only noticing it after harvest ? or have you seen it on the buds beforehand ?

you can grow clean and mold after easily if you're not hanging and curing proper. no amount of prevention in grow will halt that.

I notice that mold develops during the drying process. I hang my plant in my bedroom (not in my tent) with a large fan against a wall (temperature 27c / 32% humidity).

big fat ooof on the white fuzz discovered in your buddage, truly hate that for you!

micronized sulfur is a plant friendly naturally occurring element- it’s a fungicide, a miticide plus it’s a preventative for rust, botrytis and PM….

Any brand will do, it can be added to soil mix, applied to top of soil by dusting. It can also be mixed with water for foliar spray HOWEVER there are a few caveats that can bite you in the arse….

You can burn your foliage up if you use any kind of oil based foliar spray then switch to sulfur based foliar within 2 weeks time. Caution goes both ways after using sulfur based foliar sprays avoid any oil based foliars as well. Be sure to real all labels…n

Also go very light on dosing cuz it can whack up your soils ph level.

welcome aboard 15!

Yeah true. I need to give a try.

I notice that mold develops during the drying process. I hang my plant in my bedroom (not in my tent) with a large fan against a wall (temperature 27c / 32% humidity).

how long do you hang for ? you shouldn't get mold show up under those conditions unless it was dripping with it before. there's no way you wouldn't notice.

do you have a pic of the plant either at harvest or just after hanging ? there's another reason this is happening or it's been misdiagnosed. i think we're missing something crucial.

big fat ooof on the white fuzz discovered in your buddage, truly hate that for you!

micronized sulfur is a plant friendly naturally occurring element- it’s a fungicide, a miticide plus it’s a preventative for rust, botrytis and PM….

Any brand will do, it can be added to soil mix, applied to top of soil by dusting. It can also be mixed with water for foliar spray HOWEVER there are a few caveats that can bite you in the arse….

You can burn your foliage up if you use any kind of oil based foliar spray then switch to sulfur based foliar within 2 weeks time. Caution goes both ways after using sulfur based foliar sprays avoid any oil based foliars as well. Be sure to real all labels…n

Also go very light on dosing cuz it can whack up your soils ph level.

welcome aboard 15!

Ok thanks for your input i will make some research about micronized sulfur for mold control it sound interessant.

how long do you hang for ? you shouldn't get mold show up under those conditions unless it was dripping with it before. there's no way you wouldn't notice.

do you have a pic of the plant either at harvest or just after hanging ? there's another reason this is happening or it's been misdiagnosed. i think we're missing something crucial.

I don't have any photo while hanging but i dig into my videos and maybe i missed some mold growth while late flowering (it was 4 days before harvest.) I was too focused on trichomes, as i said before my eyes is not well trained either. It's weird , i tried to put my plant under UV-A light to detect any mold source while flowering and didn't seen anything..

11.png
12.png
13.png
14.png

The really interesting thing about this is that it is not a 'given' that it will happen. Sometimes they react and sometimes not and there seems to be no way to tell when or if there will be a reaction. When it does happen it can be a disaster so the best thing is to do a test spraying on a lower branch or area of the plant that is probably going to be cut off eventually anyway. Wait several days to a week and if nothing happens then start spraying the rest of them.

I have noticed that if the plant is in flower the sulfur spray might have an effect on stigma/pistils causing them to die back within two or three days after spraying. Nothing bad seems to happen to the bud but it takes a couple of weeks before the buds start to show new pistils again.

Several years ago one member posted pictures showing that all of the several week old buds on his plants were looking burnt up a day after a sulfur spraying. Said he had not used an oil based spray in weeks and that he mixed according to instructions.

The really interesting thing about this is that it is not a 'given' that it will happen. Sometimes they react and sometimes not and there seems to be no way to tell when or if there will be a reaction. When it does happen it can be a disaster so the best thing is to do a test spraying on a lower branch or area of the plant that is probably going to be cut off eventually anyway. Wait several days to a week and if nothing happens then start spraying the rest of them.

I have noticed that if the plant is in flower the sulfur spray might have an effect on stigma/pistils causing them to die back within two or three days after spraying. Nothing bad seems to happen to the bud but it takes a couple of weeks before the buds start to show new pistils again.

Several years ago one member posted pictures showing that all of the several week old buds on his plants were looking burnt up a day after a sulfur spraying. Said he had not used an oil based spray in weeks and that he mixed according to instructions.

couldn’t agree more!

Back
Top Bottom