Double Root Systems

I’m experimenting with producing Double root system plant by taking the top of a center stalk removing a quarter inch away from each Node on both ends bending into an arch shape and cloning. I have achieved this with great results but I am looking for any literature relative to this topic any and all information regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated please and thank you

taking the top of a center stock removing a quarter inch away from each snowed on both ends bending into an arch shape and cloning.
I can’t figure out what your process is. I assume ‘stock’ means stalk. But not sure what ‘snowed on ends’ are, or what you’re actually doing. Maybe a picture?

The One still cloning is a Jack Herer And the one in veg is my Bubba Kush.

AF3D0DBC-ACB7-4F34-AB59-145E61DF8BAE.jpeg

F867A9DD-0341-4587-9059-79D64E756D30.jpeg

Ye in all my years & I must admit that is some crazy cutting / clone.

Not sure what benefit it would bring & about as close as I can think of is layering in propagation methods.

Perhaps trained towards mainlining etc but whole idea seems extreme but i'm sure it would make an interesting POTM contest :green_heart:

Interesting experiment.

If you are looking for some pertinent literature, here are some terms that might help you find some info.

When the plant is turned top down like that, it messes with the apical dominance, controlled by auxins from the tip (apical meristem). apical dominance makes cannabis grow like a cone unless topped or trained.

The roots formed fromstems are called adventitious roots. Plant knows up from down via gravitropism.

The stress on the plant is evident, as it has gone through what looks like reveg (the single fingered leaves show it). the plant needed to reverse its xylem direction, as that only goes up.

i am not sure what specifics you might be looking for, except that nature is awesome :)

Ye in all my years & I must admit that is some crazy cutting / clone.

Not sure what benefit it would bring & about as close as I can think of is layering in propagation methods.

Perhaps trained towards mainlining etc but whole idea seems extreme but i'm sure it would make an interesting POTM contest :green_heart:
The main reason I am trying this is to see if I end up with two root systems the size of one large or if I can actually produce two large root systems for this one plant
Basically just looking to see if I can raise the intake of nutrients while lowering the chances of burning up the plant

If nothing else, it’s pretty darn interesting. Have you brought a plant to harvest yet? ..or at least far enough to wash the roots in each pot for a visual?
No I have not gotten that far into it yet I was gonna wait till the leaves started bouncing back to five digits more consistently before I throw it in the flowery

Fun project.

It looks like something based on a basic layering method of plant propagation.
No I didn’t base it off of there anything other than my imagination but after you said that I went on ahead and washed a bunch of videos on air layering and propagation that’s pretty interesting stuff right there

Back
Top Bottom