Drama's Indoor - RV - Autofem Grow Journal

it's hard to have the grow room fully built before you've got plants in; especially if it's your first grow. on pretty much still building mine, making tweaks, questioning decisions i once thought were good... it's a process.

also don't count them seeds out yet; unless you let the soil get bone dry i can't see you having cooked them.

it's hard to have the grow room fully built before you've got plants in; especially if it's your first grow. on pretty much still building mine, making tweaks, questioning decisions i once thought were good... it's a process.

also don't count them seeds out yet; unless you let the soil get bone dry i can't see you having cooked them.
no they didnt get bone dry. i moved my reflector up as high as it could go about 6 inches . im gonna try to get some help on hanging a t5 today or just try to see what moving it up will do . haven't given up on them yet .:cheer:

ok so i changed all the lights out .. until i can salvage my ladies they are now under florescent grow spectrum bulbs ..

2014-05-11_18-07-20_978.jpg

the two sitting side by side on the right never came up . i moved a little of the soil of the top and i found a little plant right under the soil in both pots . i moved the soil just enough for the plant to b exposed to light ..dont know if the pic will show anything but i took a few . i also took pics of the 3 plants that i showed yesterday that were almost burnt . i just recived my carbon filter in the mail today !!! i took a pic of the current temp also.
2014-05-11_18-09-15_245.jpg

2014-05-11_18-08-30_529.jpg

2014-05-11_18-08-05_68.jpg

2014-05-11_18-07-57_566.jpg

2014-05-11_18-07-46_725.jpg

so to recap .. i germinated 9 seeds .. 1 is doing good and it started life looking like a crack head baby. she is outside in my garden now in a 5 gallon pot.

3 are the pics above . light and being a noob almost killed them .

2 are on life support .

so i lost 4 seeds due to being dumb.costly mistakes..bet that wont happen again .

ps. the four i lost never grew from germination. i dug them up and they were deAD!!:rip:

CAN I REUSE THE SOIL THEY WERE IN ? . SHOULD I LET IT DRY OUT AND COVER IT OR LEAVE IT MOIST AND COVER IT IN A TOTE ?

If you didn't feed the soil it should be fine to just chuck another bean in. As long as the soil didn't get mouldy.

What I do and I assume that's what the guy who left you this stuff did is he used the t5s in a separate room or area. Smaller easier to control humidity and temp just to get seedlings started. Once they get past the Seymour phase there much stronger.

I know being as your doing autos they have to be started in there finishing containers so it might be a hard to get them in something smaller for starting.

Glad to see that girl perkend up! I had quite a few at that stage and could never get them back. The yellow.

Cheers man.

Looking good, Drama! it makes me very happy that you planted straight into the large pots and skipped transplanting. IMO, that will save you 1-2 weeks of recovery.

You are fine to reuse the soil.

If you'd like an easier way if figuring out if the seeds are viable or not, you could germinate between two damp paper towels for a day or two before planting them. Just make sure the taproot isn't pointing up when you do plant them.

Looking good, Drama! it makes me very happy that you planted straight into the large pots and skipped transplanting. IMO, that will save you 1-2 weeks of recovery.

You are fine to reuse the soil.

If you'd like an easier way if figuring out if the seeds are viable or not, you could germinate between two damp paper towels for a day or two before planting them. Just make sure the taproot isn't pointing up when you do plant them.

hey man thanks for the comment . i germinated all seeds in the paper towel method. all seeds popped. my best looking germinated seed never grew anymore..i have learned the hard way u have to have a gentle touch when it comes to these ladies..i wish i would have got my feet wet with a few seeds instead of germinating them all. because ive learned allot in two weeks that could have saved a few .installing the ac unit today because the temps are getting to 90 in the room .

and yea on the grow room situation.. i should have just waited to germinate but i was so excited ..oh well all lessons for my next grow as im putting this grow in the learning in progress file .

I like your attitude, we all make rookie mistakes... Afterall we are but , human..

Keep the positivity flowing fellow grower..

Good luck

:peace:

OK so here is an update one week into my expensive learning experience.:surrender:

my ladies have recovered a little .not much but at-least they are still alive . :thumb: gotta stay positive...

i didn't have the grow room finished so the elements have been less than ideal .i know i have greatly affected the life of these fine autos but i cant give up on them .. i spent today finishing 99% of the room , i have the ac installed . installed the timers. i hooked up my ventilation but im not going to hook up the carbon filter until i really need it.

this is how i have it set up right now.
2014-05-13_22-28-59_985.jpg

here is the exhaust/ventilation
2014-05-13_22-24-46_628.jpg

this is a few pics of my best looking plant..what are some of the reason for her stretching
2014-05-13_22-26-34_235.jpg
2014-05-13_22-26-25_448.jpg

2014-05-13_22-26-12_736.jpg

these other three plants have recoverd a little and have started a new set of leaves on two of them .
2014-05-13_22-26-56_517.jpg
2014-05-13_22-25-16_856.jpg

this is the pic of the temps and humidity
2014-05-13_22-27-39_229.jpg

what are the ideal temps and humidity for veg and then for flower?

ive got my MH bulb. do i wait untill the 3rd set of leaves are mature to swap to it?

when should i start watering them good?

hopefully now that i can control the temps they will start to grow again !!

Bro, they look fine to me! Just remember the hardest thing about growing (imo) is having patience. Knowing when to wait is vital.

Give these girls some R&R and they will be just fine!

Your temp and humids are in good range. You won't have to water them much until they start to grow more. A good rule of thumb is the weight measurement. When the pots start feeling light, it's time to saturate them with water. (but not until they are much larger.) I'd say these babies could go over a week without being watered at this point. If you're super concerned, give them a few sips here and there at the base of their stalk. Nothing crazy though, maybe 1/4-1/2 cup of water until they are several inches tall.

Your temp and humids are in good range. You won't have to water them much until they start to grow more. A good rule of thumb is the weight measurement. When the pots start feeling light, it's time to saturate them with water. (but not until they are much larger.) I'd say these babies could go over a week without being watered at this point. If you're super concerned, give them a few sips here and there at the base of their stalk. Nothing crazy though, maybe 1/4-1/2 cup of water until they are several inches tall.

im glad to hear my temps and humidity are good . i have had them on 24/0. they don't seem to grow much like that so today i put them on 18/6. i watered them today just enough to get the top layer good and wet then i started then on there 6 hr nap, is that ok or do i need to water while they are still under light? i really wanna maximize what vegging time i have left.hopefully they have grown enough by monday to swap to 1 400w mh bulb but i dont wanna hurt them any more .

i know i seem to type little short stories when i update . but the way i look at it ,if i can help one new grower not make my mistake its worth it .plus i will always have a reference to my mistakes i made .

i really appreciate anyone who takes time to read what i have so far and adds there thoughts and wisdom . even if it contradicts another growers..that's how we learn more and try different things . it sucks to have a detailed journal and 500 people read it and 6 comment it makes u feel like you are doing it wrong . i see some journals with hardly no info and people comment non stop.. oh well theres my two cents . :adore:so i really do like seeing yall are helping me and other noobs with your wisdom.:passitleft: teamwork!!!

Hi drama sorry I've not been by in a while sorry about your loss :rip: did you soak your soil before planting? Hopefully the reason for slow action above ground is there working on there roots atm and you will get a growth spurt as for lighting how about leaving the t5 on until flower? How close is it to the plant? T5 is low heat so you can have it fairly close save having stretching also you could introduce the mh but at a great distance would do no harm if you feel you would like to up lighting just make sure those temps stay under control :) :bong:

Hi drama sorry I've not been by in a while sorry about your loss :rip: did you soak your soil before planting? Hopefully the reason for slow action above ground is there working on there roots atm and you will get a growth spurt as for lighting how about leaving the t5 on until flower? How close is it to the plant? T5 is low heat so you can have it fairly close save having stretching also you could introduce the mh but at a great distance would do no harm if you feel you would like to up lighting just make sure those temps stay under control :) :bong:

Hey scottish :welcome: back to my grow..
i did wet the soil pretty good . i didn't soak it .
i think they would be further along if i didn't burn them with the big light ..( the bulb was used and the writing was removed after further investigation i was using a 1000w ) now since half my ladies are dead my grow space wont be so big and i have 1 400w Mh bulb for veg and 1 400w hps for bloom. tomorrow im going yo lower the t5 to 4 inches of the tops . i have a fan blowing directly across the canopy .and i have a dual extraction fan running so i think the heat will b manageable. next week im going to look at starting to use the (mh) . remember these are autos and from what ive read that's the best to use for vegging and i have already slowed them down enough.

what height should i try first with the mh bulb ? for temps i have the dual exhaust and an ac installed and ready this time ..

Back
Top Bottom