DrDan's Advanced Nutrients Hydro Grow, Afghan-Gooey and Others

Lookin good drdan:bravo: Keep up the good work. I love seeing thos updated pics. Is the purpose of the screen to get more colas or budsites? I'm learning as well:ganjamon: Happy growing man peace!:welldone:

Dr Dan!!

That Homegrown CO2. I looked it up and heard alot of good things!! It is much cheaper than CO2 Boost and all the reports say it acutally works!! I ordered a couple bags for my grow too!
Company is out of Montana too!!...I know alot of people in that neck of the woods. I am sure this is a good product!!

absolutely amazing dr, simply stunning. I'm in as well, I really want to get some more insight on these AN nutrient line, I'm currently using GH flora series right now myself so your journal is going to be an excellent comparison, and that CO2 that you've got kicks ass, I need to look that up, I bet It''ll be great for my tent!! and the flowering room is GORGEOUS. :bravo:

Screen is so pretty!

SG
:thanks:

Lookin good drdan:bravo: Keep up the good work. I love seeing thos updated pics. Is the purpose of the screen to get more colas or budsites? I'm learning as well:ganjamon: Happy growing man peace!:welldone:

Thanks so much 808, happy you can tag along. In a true SCROG the intent is to get as many budsites to the cannopy by weaving your plants in and out of the screen. This is simply a 4' x 8' tomato trellus stretched over a 2.5" diameter PVC frame to give support to the tops. I used to use stakes and simply get in there and stake em up when needed. Problem is you are limited by the height of the lights (stakes sticking up too high) and though, in the beginning I really dug how sticky I got brushing up against my ladies, it is simply annoying now.:rollingeyes: The spaces in the netting are about 5" square, a bit big for SCROG. I wanted to wait until I got all the bugs out my system and could be confident I wouldn't have to disturb my pots under the screen before giving it a good go. I think I have it worked out now, so the current grow just may go into a true SCROG. Thanks for droppin in and I hope we all learn something new.

Dr Dan!!

That Homegrown CO2. I looked it up and heard alot of good things!! It is much cheaper than CO2 Boost and all the reports say it acutally works!! I ordered a couple bags for my grow too!
Company is out of Montana too!!...I know alot of people in that neck of the woods. I am sure this is a good product!!

Hey Acer, I had been eyeing that boost bucket myself, then I actually read the info on it and knew right away it wasn't for me. Thankfully, I just entered the Garden Store when they received a shipment of the EXHALE bags. I got in on em asap and was able to get a very fresh bag, not much Mycellum develped yet. Cost was 28 bucks plus Uncle Sams vig. They are supposed to last up to 6 months and I noticed enough of a difference that I picked up 2 more. The info states it can supply enough additional CO2 for 4 mature plants. Obviously, the smaller the room/space you are growing in, the more effective it is. It also works best if you can get it in the midst of the plants with the exhaust patch a few inches above the cannopy. The bucket costs over 150 bucks here (I try and buy locally as much as I can) and 3 bags cover more area than the bucket at 2/3 the price! I love products made/produced in the USA and Montana is practically next door to me. As a matter of fact, I just helped a Montana Med. MJ patient get started with 12 rooted clones of nice producing strains, Afghan-Gooey and OG Kush. I also gave him some of my nutes I used to use. Yes, yes, you can call me the Johny Appleseed of MJ. I try to get it growing everywhere I go.:ganjamon:

absolutely amazing dr, simply stunning. I'm in as well, I really want to get some more insight on these AN nutrient line, I'm currently using GH flora series right now myself so your journal is going to be an excellent comparison, and that CO2 that you've got kicks ass, I need to look that up, I bet It''ll be great for my tent!! and the flowering room is GORGEOUS. :bravo:

:welcome: GrowNavy, and :thanks: you are too kind.:bigblush: I used to use GH and as I said before, am planning a head to head comparison using this crop and one right behind it. I didn't have any real complaints with GH, it was just the first (and cheapest) line of nutes I tried when starting this mission. Thanks to You Tube, I was convinced I was losing out on my plants potential visa vie thier head to head video trial with GH, Dutch Master and AN. I finally coughed up the cash to play with the Big Boys, so we will see first hand if I have been dupped.:hmmmm: And yes, the Exhale bags work wonderfully, and most importantly... "Look Ma, no Heat!"

Well, it is morning for the ladies and daylight has dawned. Time to greet the girls and welcome them to another beautiful, cloudless and sunny day. I bet I can't resist taking a few pics either.:peace:

Hey Dr Dan,

About the Homegrown CO2 and Montana!!!!

I have spent alot of time there and I can definately say it is the cow capitol of the world. There are more cows in Montana than people. Everywhere you go you can smell the cow sh**!! I am sure it is good quality stuff!!

Was just in with the girls, ph was 5.1 and ppm 1640. Brought the ph up to 5.5 and added 3 gallons R/O water. PPM is now 1415. The tallest plant is 18 inches and the shortest is 15 inches, gonna have to get my buckets ready tonight for moving into the bloom room. Pics will be posted later today.:peace:

Hey Dr Dan,

About the Homegrown CO2 and Montana!!!!

I have spent alot of time there and I can definately say it is the cow capitol of the world. There are more cows in Montana than people. Everywhere you go you can smell the cow sh**!! I am sure it is good quality stuff!!

:rofl:Gotta love the smells of Mother Nature! Hey, thats the ticket, plant an acre of the stankiest bud there is for every 5 acres of pasture for cows. Bet ya it won't smell so much like cow s**t during the growing season.:winkyface:

:rofl:Gotta love the smells of Mother Nature! Hey, thats the ticket, plant an acre of the stankiest bud there is for every 5 acres of pasture for cows. Bet ya it won't smell so much like cow s**t during the growing season.:winkyface:

That is the best way I have ever heard to Keep Montana Green!!!:bravo:

Love that SCROG! :thumb:

Thanks Mr Green.:grinjoint:

That is the best way I have ever heard to Keep Montana Green!!!:bravo:

Seems like the logical thing to do to me.:rollit:

Well, here are some more pics and an update on the ventilation. It had started out at 75 this am and 81 degrees at the hottest part of the day today. I am so pleased.:yahoo:

The_perfect_temp.jpg

The 69 degrees is upstairs temp, 75 degrees and 67% RH in the grow room.:yahoo:

7-18-10_nearly_time_to_flower.jpg

The ladies in the morning sun.

7-18-10_18_inches_tall.jpg

Oooh so close to flowering time.:surf:

Got all my buckets, tubing and controler cleaned out. Now I just have to wire a new circuit breaker box to pull off what I need in the flowering room. I have most everything except the box and breakers, and looks like I may get low censused from work tomorrow. Guess I know what I can do with my time.:lot-o-toke: And just in time too. The girls are getting too big for thier confines now. I just need to hit up the other two patients in this venture for the funds for another ballast, light and vented hood. I hate asking em only because I have been off on my timing several times about when we may need funds for each stage. Oh well, I never said I was a psychic, I only play one on the telephone.:ganjamon:

Be ready for more pics. I will try and take some of the process of wiring my circuit breaker box too. That is if there is enough light.:;):

Couldn't resist a couple more pics.

7-18_Moms_clones.jpg

A view of Clone Central Station and Moms

F-13_clone_from_bloom_phase.jpg

This is an F-13 clone that was taken from a plant 3 weeks into bloom. It was from the bottom so it would contain the youngest hormones. I have been working with this clone for nearly 2 months to get it to root and go into veg stage. It had finally showed new growth about the same time I transplanted the rooted clones of this current grow (like the one next to it). It has remained rather short and is taking it's sweet arse time to grow even with the supplimental lighting I have provided the last 3 days. I have it under a 250w T-5 full spectrum 6 bulb set up (alternating 3000k and 6500k bulbs) and placed a 125watt cfl 5 inches from it vertically. So just goes to show ya how long some clones can take when taken from flowering plants. I guess it also shows you the perseverence I have when it comes to the ladies.:;): Chao!:peace:

Thanks SanibelGreen, they are coming along nicely. I have 10 plants in this grow. I am working on getting a perpetual harvest every 4-5 weeks. I have 10 plants currently in flower that are 6 wks old and need a couple more to reach thier potential. These ten ladies will be going into flower in the next couple of days. The clones I took last week should have roots and be ready for transplant in 5-7 days from now. Then I will be rotating ten plants through the bloom room every 4-5 weeks so that there will be 20 plants in flower and 10 in veg at all times. I may be adding a patient to my grow to bring us up to 4 people being served by this grow setup. They want to try at home first, mostly for the novelty of it they admit. My other cohorts just smiled and said,"Ok, we will see ya in a couple months, call if there is anything you need." They had similar notions when I approached them about combining grows. One guy made it only 3 weeks with his plants before he got tired of the battle and surrendered. The other still maintains a mom he grew and clones it so he can give em to the dispensary and others we meet in need.
I like cloning due to the guarantee of being female, but I am getting the bug to do some breeding and have some seeds germinating. White Widow, Hash Passion, Bubblelicious, and Afghan-Kush. I am just unsure how best to plant these so that I can grow them hydroponically. Any suggestions? I am thinking peat pellets. I have used rappid rooters without much success with seeds. However, the seeds I had were of questionable viability.

Drdan I'm impressed! You have one helluva garden going my friend!
I'm digging everything from the diy Ebb&Gro to the cow poop co2.
I'm doing something similar with my co2 trying to perfect it. Afetr this posting I'm gonna look up your deal to see if might be able to diy it too.

Basically mine is a version of the co2 boost bucket. After I used my first co2 boost bucket I ripped it open to find nothing more than a bucket of cow poo and straw. I thought the hell with this. I am not spending $115 on a gallon of poop ever again.
I've taken the pump that came with the co2 boost and upgraded the down spout thing to be longer. I then bought another used pump at my local shop for only $4 and made them both fit onto a 5 gallon bucket lid.
I then took the bucket and filled it with manure, mushroom compost, straw, and Medinas' Compost Activator to get the action started. It's basically a 5 gallon diy, double outlet co2 boost bucket made for only a fraction of the cost of a manufactured co2 boost bucket. It's stinky and nasty but the air pumped out does'nt seem to be all that nasty. I still need to test the co2 ppm to see if it's worth keeping around. If not I may replace all the poop with a diy version of what your'e using to see what happens.
Awesome grow Brother! + reps on the way!

:bravo::rollit::bravo:

I just roll with rock wool cubes, never have failed me! I would love to get a perpetual harvest going, however vacations are coming up so time is limited = /

SG

Drdan I'm impressed! You have one helluva garden going my friend!
I'm digging everything from the diy Ebb&Gro to the cow poop co2.
I'm doing something similar with my co2 trying to perfect it. Afetr this posting I'm gonna look up your deal to see if might be able to diy it too.

Basically mine is a version of the co2 boost bucket. After I used my first co2 boost bucket I ripped it open to find nothing more than a bucket of cow poo and straw. I thought the hell with this. I am not spending $115 on a gallon of poop ever again.
I've taken the pump that came with the co2 boost and upgraded the down spout thing to be longer. I then bought another used pump at my local shop for only $4 and made them both fit onto a 5 gallon bucket lid.
I then took the bucket and filled it with manure, mushroom compost, straw, and Medinas' Compost Activator to get the action started. It's basically a 5 gallon diy, double outlet co2 boost bucket made for only a fraction of the cost of a manufactured co2 boost bucket. It's stinky and nasty but the air pumped out does'nt seem to be all that nasty. I still need to test the co2 ppm to see if it's worth keeping around. If not I may replace all the poop with a diy version of what your'e using to see what happens.
Awesome grow Brother! + reps on the way!

:bravo::rollit::bravo:

:thanks: :thanks: Reps much appreciated.:thanks:
I love your attitude about DIY. I am the same and if I can make it myself, I would rather. Not to mention the money savings. I would be very interested in your results from the 5 gal DIY CO2 booster.:reading420magazine:

I just roll with rock wool cubes, never have failed me! I would love to get a perpetual harvest going, however vacations are coming up so time is limited = /

SG

I have never used rockwool, one of the reasons I went with hydro is my tendancy to overwater. I have some fears, baseless or not, that I will do the same and swamp the seedlings bringing on dampening or fungal probs. Guess it is time to get over my fears. I have to hit the garden store for some lights so will be picking some cubes up more than likely. Thanks for the recommendation.:thanks::peace:

Well, it was like my Birthday around here today.:partyboy: Except all the goodies I obtained just meant I got to work my tale off.:oops:
I was able to get everything wired correctly and professionally (so no pictures of that process, sorry). I wired my own outlets to my room and had to get all my stuff out of the veg. room before he came. He simply put in an additional Breaker box for me and took off once he was satisfied it worked properly. Then I brought the wires into the room, hooked them up to the circuit breakers and now "I Have the Power":rocker:
I ran out of time to get the ladies into the bloom room tonight before lights out. I definitely have to do it first thing in the morning. They are nearly 20 inches high and I have done all the supercropping I care to do. They are in a temporary room at the moment under a 400w FSMH. I didn't see any sense in moving everything back into the veg room to just move the ladies into the bloom room tomorrow. So... here are some pics to wet your appetite. Tomorrow there will be more.. Oh yes... there will be more.:yahoo:

The_guys_came_thru.jpg

The goodies have arrived.

Goodies_I_love_goodies.jpg

In the foreground is the method I chose to start my seeds. "Smart Floater Grow Tray"

5_foot_cool_tube.jpg

The 5 foot Cool Tube reflector hanging, prior to lights and venting.

I had to wire the moguls myself with cords I scavanged from some cheapo reflectors I had. However, I had to make another mad dash to the grow store for an adapter for the new switchable 1000w ballast. Made it with 4 minutes to spare!:cheesygrinsmiley: Got back just in time to put both bulbs in the reflector, get the ducting in place, set the timers, turn em on.... oh wait, I only have 3 minutes left. So, I dawned my green light hat, turned out the outside lights, zipped up and waited for sundown. The lights are now on timers, plugged in and ready to start a brand new day tomorrow.
I also planted seed today. I am using a "Smart Floater" grow tray which is basically rappid rooters nestled in a styrofoam tray that floats in a seedling tray filled with water. It is supposed to provide the "perfect mix of moisture and air for seeds, seedlings and cuttings". We will see... After 36 hours, 4 of 5 White Widow germinated, 4 of the 5 Hash Passion, 3 of the 5 Bubblelicious and 4 of 5 of the Afghan Kush. I planted all 5 of each anyway. I am crossing my fingers, I have not grown from seed I had to pay for before.:wood:
Pull up a chair, cuz it is gettin busy time.:popcorn::blunt:

Back
Top Bottom