Drdan's GH Flora Nova (+) Vs. AN Grand Master Level Hydro Grow

Dr Dan!!!

I am just got wind of this 2nd grow of yours!!!

You are still a Master Grower in my eyes!! :popcorn:

:thanks: Green

very nice grow:cheer:

:Rasta: Greatly appreciated!

Dr Dan!!!

I am just got wind of this 2nd grow of yours!!!

You are still a Master Grower in my eyes!! :popcorn:

:welcome: Acer, glad you joined us.

Nice work!! Definetly a fan :) Keep us updated :bravo:

Thanks Butcher, I agree, time for an update.:blunt:

I forgot to include some comparison shots of the AN group at the time of entering the flowering room so here they are..

Puppies_and_Plants_006_3_.jpg

Puppies_and_Plants_007_2_.jpg

Puppies_and_Plants_004_3_.jpg

Here they are 2 days later...

2nd_morning_after_12hrs_night.jpg

And now for some current shots of the GH group, or at least ones from yesterday. I installed the trellis so they are set to stretch.:smokin:

8-29_GH_update2.jpg

8-29_GH_update1.jpg

How about a current shot of the AN girls 40 days in to flowering... :yummy:

8-29_AN_update2.jpg

Time to go to work.. hope ya enjoy the pics.:peacetwo:

Looking fantastic!!! Those buds are lookings huge for 40 days in flower!! :thumb:

:goodjob: wow i am LOVING your setup :Rasta: so jealous ! I cant wait till i move into my new 3 bed room house in like 6 months to join you !!! haha :goodluck:

:welcome: and thanks, a little grow room envy is a healthy thing... if it motivates to improve your plants environment.:smokin: Drop me a line when you get your house set up, I would love to see it as would all the others here, I am sure.

Nice room Dr.Dan :bravo: I love th eset up and that cooltube is on my list up upgrades. Is it the one with one MH and one HPS, either way its the ish.

Thanks for the update:)

Thankyou Butcher, the cool tube is made so you can put either MH or HPS in either end. I am running two HPS lights in it now. The first couple of days I had a MH because I didn't have another HPS at the time.

Looking fantastic!!! Those buds are lookings huge for 40 days in flower!! :thumb:

:thanks::thanks: They are fattening up nicely. I ran two crops on the exact schedule AN lists where you flush at week 7. This was before I had a microsope to check the trichs so I was flying blind and dumb. Although AN nutes speed up the veg and harvest time by nearly a week, I found the Afghan Gooey really puts on some wt in wk 6 and 7 when I let it go longer to get cloudy/amber trichs. As a result, I was missing out on much of the potential of the plant. Letting them go for 7 weeks with nutes then flushing the 8th makes a big difference. The Sativa strain I had been growing went monster in week 9 and 10, a bit long for my rotation I am doing so it has gone on to other growers I know so it will still live on in someone's garden.;) Too bad I don't have the head room for it, I got 6 oz from one plant!

Sweeeet! Keep it Green DrDan! :)

Thanks Green! It is getting greener here all the time!:)

Today is flush and res change day for the AN group and I have a ton of changes I am making to my grow area. I have a seperate clone and veg room now. The clone station has been moved with the ebb and flo table for graduating clones to make room for my new 4ft square ebb and flo table for the Mother plants. The veg room will house the moms and the new veglings prepping for flower. The added table was neccessary since I have 9 different strains going now. I have the clone room just about done, still needs ventilation, but I have yet to start on the veg room. I will post some pics later if I have the energy after today's labor.:peacetwo:

Just wanted to drop in and say, VERY NICE set up you have going there. Everything seems to be well thought out and your plants are definitely producing very well. Like you I am constantly making changes to my grow, it just seems like every day something new comes to me that will improve growth so I have to try it. I am also constantly reading new threads like yours because you never know where the next great idea will come from. I have been growing for over 20 years and I am amazed at the new equipment that is coming out on the market so I enjoy watching grows like yours that experiment with the new technology. Just want to say again, Very nice work and all my best to you and the continuous fruits of your hard work:welldone:

Just wanted to drop in and say, VERY NICE set up you have going there. Everything seems to be well thought out and your plants are definitely producing very well. Like you I am constantly making changes to my grow, it just seems like every day something new comes to me that will improve growth so I have to try it. I am also constantly reading new threads like yours because you never know where the next great idea will come from. I have been growing for over 20 years and I am amazed at the new equipment that is coming out on the market so I enjoy watching grows like yours that experiment with the new technology. Just want to say again, Very nice work and all my best to you and the continuous fruits of your hard work:welldone:

:welcome: and Thankyou for joining the grow! I am sorry for the delay in updating but I think you will find it worth it. Lots of pics to show what I have been doing with my time.:bong:

I will keep it short and sweet and get to the the eye candy so here ya go...

The Clone Station
8-31_Clone_Station2.jpg

8-31_Seedlings1.jpg

8-31_Seedlings3.jpg

8-31_Clone_station1.jpg

The Veg Room
9-3_moms.jpg

9-3_veg_room.jpg

9-3_veg_room_upgrade.jpg

9-4_veg_room.jpg

9-4_Moms_and_Seedlings1.jpg

9-4_Moms_and_Seedlings2.jpg

As you can see, the seedlings have graduated and become plants!

The new recruits in the clone room
9-5_Clones1.jpg

And our very own GH girls one week in flower.
9-2_GH_update2.jpg

9-2_GH_update3.jpg

9-2_GH_update4.jpg

9-2_Gh_update1.jpg

Here are the AN girls at one week in flower.
7-28_Full_view.jpg

7-28_early_flowers.jpg

Here are the GH girls yesterday..10 days in flower.
9-5_GH_update1.jpg

9-5_GH_update2.jpg

9-5_GH_update3.jpg

9-5_GH_update5.jpg

A little Flash Back to childhood:)
7-28_Afghan_Gooey_F-13_clones.jpg

Here are the AN girls at 11 days in flower.
7-31_jungle_fever.jpg

7-31_side_view.jpg

7-31_Flowers_at_11_days.jpg

I believe the increased stretch is due to high room temps and the use of the cool tube. I have been using blockbuster air cooled hoods and don't usually get the kind of stretch you see with the cool tube.

And here are the AN girls in thier current condition.
9-5_AN_update1.jpg

Well, I have some tending of a garden to do... enjoy the pics and back with more soon.:peacetwo:

You have been busy ;)...Love the cloning station you have going there, I am in the process of building a cloning station and vegetative space myself as I am getting everything in place to have a perpetual harvest system going. I am already half way to my goal because I have plants in different stages of growth now so i already have plants maturing at different times and I have gotten their time lengths pretty well calculated. The only thing is that I am growing all of my plants from seed and I am wasting seed and valuable time and space growing males. I am already under construction for my cloning and vegetative space, actually just refining my vegetative space so it will not be long before I have my cloning station up and running and I can concentrate all of my efforts on just females. I am also adding an isolation room also as I plan to do some more breeding in the future so I am going to get that space ready while I am constructing the rest, figured I might as well do it all at once...:bravo:...:nicethread:....:roorrip:

You have been busy ;)...Love the cloning station you have going there, I am in the process of building a cloning station and vegetative space myself as I am getting everything in place to have a perpetual harvest system going. I am already half way to my goal because I have plants in different stages of growth now so i already have plants maturing at different times and I have gotten their time lengths pretty well calculated. The only thing is that I am growing all of my plants from seed and I am wasting seed and valuable time and space growing males. I am already under construction for my cloning and vegetative space, actually just refining my vegetative space so it will not be long before I have my cloning station up and running and I can concentrate all of my efforts on just females. I am also adding an isolation room also as I plan to do some more breeding in the future so I am going to get that space ready while I am constructing the rest, figured I might as well do it all at once...:bravo:...:nicethread:....:roorrip:

:thanks: WMDmountainIG, other than fine tuning, I think I am done with all the major upgrades myself. I never imagined I would need 3 different rooms when I started over a year ago. But a few clients later and a heck of a lot of trial and error, I find myself almost content.:smokin: Growing from clones is the only way to go IMHO. Much shorter veg times needed and of course, you know already they are females. Yet, I have been bitten by the breeder bug myself and am actually looking for males (which is why I bought regular seeds). So far, if my pre-sexing abilities are what I think they are, I have 4 males out of 12 seeds that popped. There is at least one male from each of the strains except the Hash Passion of which only 2 popped and both appear to be females. I have two White Widow males (5 popped), one Bubblelicious male from 2 plants, and one Afghan Kush male from 3 plants. I have clones of all the plants going and will be flowering them just for identification purposes while keeping the originals in veg. Eventually I will be making a fourth room, for the males when I am ready to collect pollen. I think I need to buy a bigger house.:)

Looking good DrDan! :thumb:

Thanks Green, I appreciate your staying in there with me!

The ladies did some stretching over the past 2 days which required some supercropping. Unfortunately, my wife has the camera with her and she is out of town visiting a friend for the day. I hope she is back before lights out so I can get some shots for ya. I also did some trimming down below, the girls were getting a little shaggy down there.;)

For now, :peace:

:thanks: WMDmountainIG, other than fine tuning, I think I am done with all the major upgrades myself. I never imagined I would need 3 different rooms when I started over a year ago. But a few clients later and a heck of a lot of trial and error, I find myself almost content.:smokin: Growing from clones is the only way to go IMHO. Much shorter veg times needed and of course, you know already they are females. Yet, I have been bitten by the breeder bug myself and am actually looking for males (which is why I bought regular seeds). So far, if my pre-sexing abilities are what I think they are, I have 4 males out of 12 seeds that popped. There is at least one male from each of the strains except the Hash Passion of which only 2 popped and both appear to be females. I have two White Widow males (5 popped), one Bubblelicious male from 2 plants, and one Afghan Kush male from 3 plants. I have clones of all the plants going and will be flowering them just for identification purposes while keeping the originals in veg. Eventually I will be making a fourth room, for the males when I am ready to collect pollen. I think I need to buy a bigger house.:)

Thanks Green, I appreciate your staying in there with me!

The ladies did some stretching over the past 2 days which required some supercropping. Unfortunately, my wife has the camera with her and she is out of town visiting a friend for the day. I hope she is back before lights out so I can get some shots for ya. I also did some trimming down below, the girls were getting a little shaggy down there.;)

For now, :peace:
I am glad to hear from you and good to hear that everything seems to be going well for you. I can't wait to see what you produce when you start breeding your own. I can tell you from experience that once bitten by the breeder bug you just won't be able to stop. I am very glad to hear that someone else is taking an interest in breeding and is just not looking to someone else for their seed needs...:bravo:...:roorrip:

Hey DrDan,

How is your grow doing?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom