Drying & Curing Question

I just completed my first harvest and I was initially having trouble keeping the humidity even about 45% in the first day of curing, but I took quite literal and drastic measures to rehydrate. In addition to having a boveda 62 in there (which was not working the first day); I also would tilt the jar over a humidifier, let it fill with vapor and get to about 70%, then leave the jar open until it reaches 65 and the condensation is gone. After doing that at least 8 times, the humidity in the jar has been stable at ~55 for almost a week. It hasn’t completed curing, but do you guys think that this shows signs of successful rehydration after a slight overdry?
Hi babyggrow, more info please? Did you hang it and for how long? Buds are wet in the middle and need time to de-hydrate before hitting jars. At least a few days in air before jarring at 45% i'd guess. Stable at 55 is borderline ok as that's the bottom limit where cure will take place, as I see it, so if you can bring it up a couple of %. Yes it will cure at 55%.

Maybe I'm not getting the question?

Did your bud hang and dry too long and overdry? That's why you're adding moisture?

Hi babyggrow, more info please? Did you hang it and for how long? Buds are wet in the middle and need time to de-hydrate before hitting jars. At least a few days in air before jarring at 45% i'd guess. Stable at 55 is borderline ok as that's the bottom limit where cure will take place, as I see it, so if you can bring it up a couple of %. Yes it will cure at 55%.

Maybe I'm not getting the question?

Did your bud hang and dry too long and overdry? That's why you're adding moisture?
I hangdryed it in my grow tent for 6 days (also had trouble maintaining the higher humidity needed for that). I only harvested 13.9g though so it wasn’t a lot that needed to dry. I was just wondering if the fact that it is now stabilized is a sign of rehydration from the overdrying.

I hangdryed it in my grow tent for 6 days (also had trouble maintaining the higher humidity needed for that). I only harvested 13.9g though so it wasn’t a lot that needed to dry. I was just wondering if the fact that it is now stabilized is a sign of rehydration from the overdrying.
I see. I think so. Weather it will be in a state of cure is debatable. But stable and good I'm sure, a hygrometer in a closed jar will tell you if it stays the same for 24 hours.

It's in the best case possible area then! Sweet! Burping twice a day for a minute to get fresh air in the jar. For a week or two then once a day for a week and it good to go if you're curing.
I’ve been burping once a day for past week (since the beginning of curing). No bad smells. Sorry for all the questions but do you think that I should change to twice or burp for a little longer? I’ve been doing 10min each day, but like I said, I had a very small harvest, only 1/2 and ounce so I thought I might not need to do more.

I’ve been burping once a day for past week (since the beginning of curing). No bad smells. Sorry for all the questions but do you think that I should change to twice or burp for a little longer? I’ve been doing 10min each day, but like I said, I had a very small harvest, only 1/2 and ounce so I thought I might not need to do more.
I think it's fine now but some of us do that. If you do it's good as well. Loosy goosy since it's a week in already. Sounds like you did the best you could and you'll be enjoying beautiful bud soon! I live for questions BTW so feel free! I like to help if I can.

I think it's fine now but some of us do that. If you do it's good as well. Loosy goosy since it's a week in already. Sounds like you did the best you could and you'll be enjoying beautiful bud soon! I live for questions BTW so feel free! I like to help if I can.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! This was my first grow but I’m planning to continue so I probably will have more question :)

Back
Top Bottom