Drying - What am I doing wrong?

Trim when fresh cut. Always.
Onto drying racks, with moving room air.
4-5 days open air, then into Rubbermaid tubs, burp 2x/day until cured.

Well my drying box is an old fridge as I said earlier- I just drilled a bunch of holes in the sides and bottom, and I can regulate the speed of drying by blocking some of those holes (placing a piece of plywood against the sides/whatever). Also there is a 3" hole on top which I block or unblock at times- or sometimes I put a computer fan on that hole. In reality they're usually isn't a lot of regulating that needs doing. The biggest factor is how much bud I have crammed in there. I posted the making of it in the beginning of my second journal I think. (Or it could be the first journal).
My rh is pretty high- in the 60s up to 70. My bud normally takes 5-7 days to dry, but it tends to hover near the perfect range after that- low 60s.

Well my drying box is an old fridge as I said earlier- I just drilled a bunch of holes in the sides and bottom, and I can regulate the speed of drying by blocking some of those holes (placing a piece of plywood against the sides/whatever). Also there is a 3" hole on top which I block or unblock at times- or sometimes I put a computer fan on that hole. In reality they're usually isn't a lot of regulating that needs doing. The biggest factor is how much bud I have crammed in there. I posted the making of it in the beginning of my second journal I think. (Or it could be the first journal).
My rh is pretty high- in the 60s up to 70. My bud normally takes 5-7 days to dry, but it tends to hover near the perfect range after that- low 60s.

420-magazine-mobile656082850.jpg

Ok - so I bartend and about 3 months ago I was planning on getting a setup... these wine crates came in and I was like - I can DEF dry in those !!
We used to gro HEAVILY before having a kid but with new laws In MA.,I'm back on board for personal use .
I have used cardboard , and I feel as though it leaves this cardboard taste in my nugs. So this is my experiment I guess - card board or wood? Must be better if the Italians are using it ! Can't wait to see the results !
They have open handles on each end for air flow, and the wooden bottle holder racks will keep my kolas aerated I'm hoping .
Gonna call them "bud coffins " ...if it works , look for me on Amazon lol
- let's make that " Bud Coughins"...

420-magazine-mobile656082850.jpg

Ok - so I bartend and about 3 months ago I was planning on getting a setup... these wine crates came in and I was like - I can DEF dry in those !!
We used to gro HEAVILY a score having a kid but with new laws In MA. I'm back on board for personal use .
I have used cardboard , and I feel as though it leaves this cardboard taste in my nugs. So this is my experiment I guess - card board or wood? Must be better if the Italians are using it ! Can't wait to see the results !
They have open handles on each end for air flow, and the wooden bottle holder racks will keep my kolas aerated I'm hoping .
Gonna call them "bud coffins " ...if it works , look for me on Amazon lol
- let's make that " Bud Coughins"...

Hell ya, a wood crate sounds much better. I have plenty of cedar laying around.

I found that hanging the whole plant rather than singular branches gave me the extra few days to dry that I was looking for. I do a good trim and then chop it at the base. I try to jar it just before the snap.

/Obi

Back
Top Bottom