DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

How long do they last? Could you use this to dehumidify a small tent by placing it at the mouth of the intake fan?

it will overdry if you leave them too long

you would need a rather large or alot of the rice balls for a tent.

go buy a can of damprid for 5$ if you need it for a tent maybe would be better

How long do they last? Could you use this to dehumidify a small tent by placing it at the mouth of the intake fan?
It's just rice, so you heat it up before you use it (not in the stocking BTW). As long as the rice doesn't burn you can reuse them over and over. You could probably do an entire tent if you had enough rice! And the time to keep cycling it in and out. Probably why they invented dehueys!

It's just rice, so you heat it up before you use it (not in the stocking BTW). As long as the rice doesn't burn you can reuse them over and over. You could probably do an entire tent if you had enough rice! And the time to keep cycling it in and out. Probably why they invented dehueys!
Of course, but I’m playing around with powerless AC and it would be awesome to add dehumid also. You could fill a tube of ducting with rice.

Normally you would dehumidify the air already in the tent rather than the intake, no? And I don't think the rice works fast enough to lower the RH of air passing around it at 240 CFM.
It helps because of the Rh of the area I live. It’s muggy here

So i’m On day 6 in the fridge and i’m A tad concerned.. I opened it up today to find the temp at 3.3C (I’m increasing that) and humidity still at 80%... should I be concerned with this humidity?

As you can see it’s pretty darn full!

How do the buds feel? It is pretty packed in there but i wouldn't go raising the temps much as it won't cycle enough to pull the moisture out. What's the rh in the room the frig is in? If it's less than 80% I would open the door up for maybe 15-30 seconds to bring the temp up so the compressor kicks on more to help pull the rh out. Do that a few times a day and see if it helps out.

How do the buds feel? It is pretty packed in there but i wouldn't go raising the temps much as it won't cycle enough to pull the moisture out. What's the rh in the room the frig is in? If it's less than 80% I would open the door up for maybe 15-30 seconds to bring the temp up so the compressor kicks on more to help pull the rh out. Do that a few times a day and see if it helps out.

Thanks for the response Derbybud!

External RH is 35%. Buds still feel very wet. Cool i’ll Put the fridge back down to where it was. I’ve been avoiding opening the door to ensure that the RH doesn’t go crazy, but will open once or twice a day and see what happens. Shot for the advice!

Opening the door more often will help considerably. Compressor working more often = less rh inside the frig. If you can it would be best to open more often for a lesser amount. 5-10 second 5 times a day is better than 15-20 seconds twice a day.

Excellent! I should be able to pull this off, thanks for the advice!

Ok on my first fridge dry. 2 small plants washed, trimmed, air dried a few hours. Put in paper lunch bags. Should I just move 1 time per day and not worry too much about the rh% for the first few days?

I dump all of the same product into a Turkey roasting bag with an hygrometer to measure the rh and burp twice daily for the first few days then once a day for a week and go to once a week. It really brings out the aromas in the deep part of the buds. I can also bring rh down or up if need to. Burp inside the air conditioned house to lower or burp outside at night if I need to raise it some.

I already wrote this so I'm posting it even though Derby beat me to it!

The buds go into jars/bag once they've stabilized under 70% RH (leave them in a jar for a few hours and see what the hygrometer says). I would say under 68% but I'm a moldaphobe. Burping will allow some of the precious terpenes to float away (the ones you've been saving by going low and slow), but if burping it is, the answer to your question is highly dependent on the ambient RH where you will be burping!

In dry climates, I'd burp about 3-5 minutes 2x a day for a week and see how the hygrometer reads as you go. In moister climates (like mine) you can burp 10-20 minutes 2x a day.

After a week, if you're getting close to 62% (assuming that's your target), you can burp for a shorter and shorter time each day for another week, even down to 15 seconds just for a good quick air exchange. After two weeks of burping I consider them ready to be sealed in jars (or light-proof air tight tubs) for the cure.

If you want to preserve the terpenes, go with rice balls to lower the RH in the jars/bag.

Back
Top Bottom