Dueling Purple Haze In Living Soil

Probably going to be time to give the seedlings some more water today. It’s been 3 days since last watering, so not even close to transplant time from what I’ve learned here.
I’d really like to hear some more feedback on adding any organic supplements or top dressing while still in the cups? I’m thinking of adding some bat guano when I water tonight, maybe some great white?

It is a nightmare to go through fek fek.
OfficialWEEGrow sponsored light blew up.
In total I'm out over 30 grand from it.
The light company offered me $50 lol.
I'm glad your on board with the safety aspect already. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
Thirty-grand is a cheap price to pay. No one lost their life and financial and physical damage can be repaired. @Bill284 you and your love ones are the true treasures that can never be replaced. I imagine the headaches and misery that followed the fire were (and are) massive and head spinning. You and your loved ones are safe and that's the important thing. You can always get more money, you can't get back life lost.

Your thread here regarding fire safety may be saving lives as I write this. Thank you @Bill284 for sharing your experiences and helping others avoid disaster and potential death by fire. When people write a thread asking the question "what do I need for my first grow" - your fire safety thread ought to be at the top of the list of preparations to make. Thank you kindly @Bill284. We here at the 420 website thank our "lucky stars" that you are still here and have solid wisdom to share each day.

:420:

Thirty-grand is a cheap price to pay. No one lost their life and financial and physical damage can be repaired. @Bill284 you and your love ones are the true treasures that can never be replaced. I imagine the headaches and misery that followed the fire were (and are) massive and head spinning. You and your loved ones are safe and that's the important thing. You can always get more money, you can't get back life lost.

Your thread here regarding fire safety may be saving lives as I write this. Thank you @Bill284 for sharing your experiences and helping others avoid disaster and potential death by fire. When people write a thread asking the question "what do I need for my first grow" - your fire safety thread ought to be at the top of the list of preparations to make. Thank you kindly @Bill284. We here at the 420 website thank our "lucky stars" that you are still here and have solid wisdom to share each day.

:420:
I'm choked up.
Thank you so much @ppm Charlie . :love:

Stay safe
Bill & Stacey

I’m growing organic, the soil they are going into is Coast of Maine Stonington blend. I’m just thinking of giving them a little something in the solo cup since all it has is jiffy seed mix.
Bill would tell you that bokashi and frass would help, either made as a tea or top dressed. He tells me to use it in every plant I have. (@Bill284 - right? Don't let me misquote you if not please!)

12/6
Top dressed with about an 1/8 tsp bat guano and a dab of Great White
Looking great

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah, thats actually my ViperSpectra TC600 I have setup in my nursery. It allows me to control the Veg (Blue) and Bloom (Red) Channels seperately. I have the Veg running about 80% with Bloom maybe 10-15%. the light is only 12 " from the plants some getting over 500 umol on those puppies!

12/08 - Purple Haze #2 (#1 is big sister) transplanted into final 5 gallon pot. Coast of Main Soil with 1/2 dose of living soil in the bottom. She was dry as a bone and ready for the big pot.
The smaller of the two Purple Haze #3 is still wet and needs a few more days of root development.

1639004423632.png

1639004461493.png

funny how perspective makes the plant in the solo cup look huge, its actually half the size of the one I just potted.
I have noticed that - sometimes members' 16-inch tall flowering plant looks like a 3-footer from above. That is why I like a side view too along with things like thermometers and humidity gauges for size reference. I like the time when @West Hippie mounted a 420 website lighter on a bud for the pic. Gave you a great idea of realistic size.

It was the other plant that was dry and transplanted to larger pot. I think it may be nitrogen toxicity since I added some bat guano on last water. I have a couple other seedlings that are looking similar that I put directly into Coast of Maine soil which is also probably too hot for seedlings. I wondered what it looks like when soil is too hot, think I, seeing it now!
What are people using to start seeds in?

12/10 AM leaves curling down, i trimmed larger yellow leaves. I think bat guano top dress was too much for her? Shes plenty wet but not overly so. This baby is in plain juffy seed mix until i got greedy with the guano. These two other seedlings look like similar issue, both straight into Coast of Maine soil as an experiment. Anyone have experience with this soil?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Damn.
I've never used that soil but I believe several people here do and seem to like it.
It could be any number of things.
It appears to be either not enough oxygen to the roots mostly caused by soil thats not aerated enough or massive over watering, or soil thats too hot for a seedling.
And bat guano could definitely be a culprit there especially in a soil that already has plenty for a seedling.

I can tell you what I do which works for me.
I use Buildasoil Light soil for starting seedlings, it has just enough nutrients for a good start, its very aerated with pumice, Rice Hulls and Pre-charged Biochar.
If I am starting 3 seeds I take at least 4 to 5 dry solo cups full and put into a bucket, I mix up some fresh dechlorinated water and Yucca extract as a wetting agent and just a pinch of Rootwise Microbe Complete for mycorrhazae inoculate and add enough of this water to thoroughly moisten the soil.
I take 3 solo cups that I have put lots of knife slits into it so it drains very well.
I FILL <-- very important, all the cups to the brim as full of premoistened soil as I can get it.
I do that before I start my seeds.
Usually my seeds take about 12-18 hours to crack and thats just right to let the very moist soil drain and meld.
I also place the solo cups in the grow area at 80⁰ to warm up the soil to between 75-79⁰.
I keep the humidity at 70-72⁰

I drop the seed into a glass of 80⁰ dechlorinated water with a little aloe vera mixed in and put that on top of my router to keep the temp around 78⁰ until she cracks.
I never wait for the tap root to form a tail, I plant as soon as she cracks that way its unlikely to damage it.
I put root down about 1/8th" deep and add about a teaspoon of the aloe vera water on top to water in.
I put them into my grow area with lights on 24/0 to keep the soil temp between 75⁰-79⁰.
Within 24 hours they will usually be popped up and starting to show cotyledons.
I will usually keep the lights on 24/0 temp at 79⁰ Humidity at 72⁰ for a few days before going to 20/4 light and try to keep the same temp and humidity.

When the seedling pops up I just keep her moist, I just stick my finger in some aloe vera water and just let a drop or two drop onto the seedling, I may do this several times a day, just a couple drops to stay moist.
About day 2 to 3 I water the outer edge of the solo cup with 3 to 4 teaspoons of aloe vera water.
Now this is just how I do it, but I NEVER ever allow the soil to "dry out" ever, I keep it just nice and moist.
At about day 7-9 the first true leaves should be hanging past the edge of the solo cup and thats my cue to transplant into my final 20+ gallon fabric pot.
Everybody finds their method that works for them, this is what works for me.

Well, shes not looking too good. Any ideas whats up here?

image.jpg
She is so hungry.... Buuut pics in fresh light would help more than any pics under that light...hard to see anything other than their shape. Could you help me out there buddy?

Back
Top Bottom