Dutch Seeds Shop: 200 Free Strawberry Banana Seeds

Yes please :lot-o-toke:

Has anyone grown these seeds out? How do you know they're Strawberry Banana if they're in only a zip lock baggy? Could be anything right? Strawberry Banana is originally from DNA/Serious Seeds, I guarantee you, those breeders have never heard of these guys... never look a gifted horse in the mouth right?

I ordered seeds over 30 days ago and still have not received an order. Also, do a Google search on this company and check reviews. You might be surprised.

"Dutch Seeds", if you read this, please refund my order back to the original PayPal address like you said you would if the seeds didn't arrive.

Well I've only ever received seeds in a labeled plastic bag. So nothing new there. Seedsman sends them without the breeder packaging unless you ask for it.

Looks like they resolved your issue though

Has anyone grown these seeds out? How do you know they're Strawberry Banana if they're in only a zip lock baggy? Could be anything right?

To be fair, could be "anything" even if they arrive sealed in a breeder's fancy tin. Every cannabis seed I've ever seen looked like... a cannabis seed :rolleyes: . So there's that.

I favor original "first" version creations, too. But that's just by preference. I'd rather have the original, first version of Jack Herer, for example - but, on the other hand, it's no real big secret about the lineage of most strains these days (including that one); even its breeder states it's a "sister strain" to Super Silver Haze, if I remember correctly. Anyone can attempt to (re)create it. One hopes that some actual effort would be involved, lol, rather than just a quick round of pollen-chucking, of course. Such a result might be similar, might not be as good... or it might conceivably be better; it could end up "ringing my personal bell" even if it's a little different, who knows?

Dark Devil Auto is a Sweet Seeds creation. But there are tens (hundreds, lol?) of forum members growing a version that someone produced by selfing, and most of us are smiling.

Someone once said, "Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances." I'm a pretty big skeptic, but I try not to... well, one tries to give the benefit of the doubt unless there's an obvious reason, you know?

Strawberry Banana is originally from DNA/Serious Seeds, I guarantee you, those breeders have never heard of these guys.

I haven't asked them ;) . And I don't personally know them. But "those breeders" crossed someone else's strains when they created it - I read on Simon's (Serious Seeds') website that they used his Bubble Gum, and I think the other parent was Crockett's Banana Kush.

Strains (sometimes clones of the actual specimens) get passed around among Dutch breeders like a stripper at a party in the 1970s, or at least they used to. It's kind of hard to tell whether any given strain is the result of active cooperation... or if someone just bought some seeds. If the latter, again, no way to tell if they went through lots of potential parents, or just bought a single seed of each :rolleyes: .

Ya pays yer money, ya takes your chances, lol.

Be nice if we had some preliminary reports by some of the 10 people who were able to respond timely enough to Dutch Seeds Shop's offer to win these seeds. Or 20 people, IDK, I'm a little bit confused by the first post in this thread:
20 x 10 packs free feminized seeds. kodinnov@gmail.com.
First 10 get 10 free strawberry banana seeds
:hmmmm:.

I don't have time right now to search the posts of every member who indicated that they were among the winners, but I did check one person's, and saw that he did receive seeds:

I ordered seeds over 30 days ago and still have not received an order.

That's troubling. <SHRUGS> But it also happens, from time to time. Businesses don't hand-deliver merchandise, lol. I've seen reports (of deliveries from overseas) occasionally getting confiscated, taking a long time, or even just vanishing into the æther. And by "long time," well... There have been a few instances where someone has reported that they waited so long without receiving their merchandise that they contacted the seller for a reshipment - and then (eventually) ended up receiving both shipments. It happens.

There was some grumbling a while back about another forum sponsor taking a while to get everyone's orders out. Apparently, it turns out that they were just overwhelmed by the number of orders they received after holding two big sales in a short period of time. This kind of thing is unfortunate - and undoubtedly highly annoying to those who are stuck waiting, especially if they waited until the night before they planned to begin their grow (lol) to place their order. But it's not necessarily indicative of a scam, yeah? My tax refund took quite a bit longer than I expected it to one year, but it wasn't because the government was ripping me off (er... more than usual ;) ).

check reviews

Everyone should, always. Whether they're buying seeds... or a toaster. And, in the same vein, everyone should post reviews of their experiences - both bad and good. Even then, it's hard to be absolutely sure of things. "This toaster must be the best toaster in the universe, there are 100 awesome reviews" could be a company shill posting 100 reviews. "This toaster will electrocute your @ss the first time you try to make toast, because 100 people said so" could turn out to be ONE person who's highly pissed off that he/she got shocked, because the toaster took 56 days to arrive... or because it didn't come with two free skillets and a free blender. So one should read a lot of reviews, not just a few.

AND... one should read forum reports by the people who actually did receive their toasters, and who then made - and ate - some toast. Come on, people, where are your reports (positive or negative, as long as they're honest ones!).

I'm sorry you didn't receive your merchandise quickly. I am glad that you did at least receive a refund (after a little "poking the seller on the arm in public," it appears), and I appreciate the fact that you returned to the thread to let us know that. And that's the thing... One person (you) reported about an unhappy experience. Maybe you would have received a refund, regardless. Maybe not. It's just impossible to draw conclusions from only one person's report. I believe your report has been honest, don't get me wrong here. It's just that I cannot tell from the one experience whether that's likely to happen or merely an anomaly. And I also don't know what the root cause of your issue (not receiving the merchandise in the first place) was. That's why it's important for as many people as possible to report their experiences with a vendor (especially if that vendor happens to be a forum sponsor).

So how about those ten(?) people who won the seed packs let us know what's up? And if you're a paying customer, your report/review would be helpful, too.

@Dutch Seeds Shop , I'm sorry for rambling in your thread. I hope you're a good vendor and that the people who've received your seeds grow them out and are satisfied. And thank you for supporting my favorite forum and "virtual" second home.

Well I've only ever received seeds in a labeled plastic bag.

I've gotten seeds in everything from the tiny generic Ziploc bags (both printed labels and barely legible handwritten ones) to - once - a small stuffed animal. Even had to contact a seller once, only to learn that they were hidden inside the packaging materials. Good thing my trash had yet to be picked up that week ;) . One seller (a former sponsor) made a big deal out of their custom seed packaging wheel(???), the description seemed like some kind of "dial-a-seed" gizmo where you turn it to select the seed you wanted to dispense. There were several reports of the seeds getting completely mixed up due to the bouncing around during shipping :rolleyes: . People get creative, sometimes. And sometimes... Simple is better, lol.

To be fair, could be "anything" even if they arrive sealed in a breeder's fancy tin. Every cannabis seed I've ever seen looked like... a cannabis seed:rolleyes: . So there's that.

I favor original "first" version creations, too. But that's just by preference. I'd rather have the original, first version of Jack Herer, for example - but, on the other hand, it's no real big secret about the lineage of most strains these days (including that one); even its breeder states it's a "sister strain" to Super Silver Haze, if I remember correctly. Anyone can attempt to (re)create it. One hopes that some actual effort would be involved, lol, rather than just a quick round of pollen-chucking, of course. Such a result might be similar, might not be as good... or it might conceivably be better; it could end up "ringing my personal bell" even if it's a little different, who knows?

Dark Devil Auto is a Sweet Seeds creation. But there are tens (hundreds, lol?) of forum members growing a version that someone produced by selfing, and most of us are smiling.

Someone once said, "Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances." I'm a pretty big skeptic, but I try not to... well, one tries to give the benefit of the doubt unless there's an obvious reason, you know?

I haven't asked them ;) . And I don't personally know them. But "those breeders" crossed someone else's strains when they created it - I read on Simon's (Serious Seeds') website that they used his Bubble Gum, and I think the other parent was Crockett's Banana Kush.

Strains (sometimes clones of the actual specimens) get passed around among Dutch breeders like a stripper at a party in the 1970s, or at least they used to. It's kind of hard to tell whether any given strain is the result of active cooperation... or if someone just bought some seeds. If the latter, again, no way to tell if they went through lots of potential parents, or just bought a single seed of each :rolleyes: .

Ya pays yer money, ya takes your chances, lol.

Be nice if we had some preliminary reports by some of the 10 people who were able to respond timely enough to Dutch Seeds Shop's offer to win these seeds. Or 20 people, IDK, I'm a little bit confused by the first post in this thread:

:hmmmm:.

I don't have time right now to search the posts of every member who indicated that they were among the winners, but I did check one person's, and saw that he did receive seeds:

That's troubling. <SHRUGS> But it also happens, from time to time. Businesses don't hand-deliver merchandise, lol. I've seen reports (of deliveries from overseas) occasionally getting confiscated, taking a long time, or even just vanishing into the æther. And by "long time," well... There have been a few instances where someone has reported that they waited so long without receiving their merchandise that they contacted the seller for a reshipment - and then (eventually) ended up receiving both shipments. It happens.

There was some grumbling a while back about another forum sponsor taking a while to get everyone's orders out. Apparently, it turns out that they were just overwhelmed by the number of orders they received after holding two big sales in a short period of time. This kind of thing is unfortunate - and undoubtedly highly annoying to those who are stuck waiting, especially if they waited until the night before they planned to begin their grow (lol) to place their order. But it's not necessarily indicative of a scam, yeah? My tax refund took quite a bit longer than I expected it to one year, but it wasn't because the government was ripping me off (er... more than usual ;) ).

Everyone should, always. Whether they're buying seeds... or a toaster. And, in the same vein, everyone should post reviews of their experiences - both bad and good. Even then, it's hard to be absolutely sure of things. "This toaster must be the best toaster in the universe, there are 100 awesome reviews" could be a company shill posting 100 reviews. "This toaster will electrocute your @ss the first time you try to make toast, because 100 people said so" could turn out to be ONE person who's highly pissed off that he/she got shocked, because the toaster took 56 days to arrive... or because it didn't come with two free skillets and a free blender. So one should read a lot of reviews, not just a few.

AND... one should read forum reports by the people who actually did receive their toasters, and who then made - and ate - some toast. Come on, people, where are your reports (positive or negative, as long as they're honest ones!).

I'm sorry you didn't receive your merchandise quickly. I am glad that you did at least receive a refund (after a little "poking the seller on the arm in public," it appears), and I appreciate the fact that you returned to the thread to let us know that. And that's the thing... One person (you) reported about an unhappy experience. Maybe you would have received a refund, regardless. Maybe not. It's just impossible to draw conclusions from only one person's report. I believe your report has been honest, don't get me wrong here. It's just that I cannot tell from the one experience whether that's likely to happen or merely an anomaly. And I also don't know what the root cause of your issue (not receiving the merchandise in the first place) was. That's why it's important for as many people as possible to report their experiences with a vendor (especially if that vendor happens to be a forum sponsor).

So how about those ten(?) people who won the seed packs let us know what's up? And if you're a paying customer, your report/review would be helpful, too.

@Dutch Seeds Shop , I'm sorry for rambling in your thread. I hope you're a good vendor and that the people who've received your seeds grow them out and are satisfied. And thank you for supporting my favorite forum and "virtual" second home.
I will be starting those seeds this fall. I will definitely have a journal.

I ordered seeds over 30 days ago
it also happens, from time to time. Businesses don't hand-deliver merchandise, lol.
Sorry to hear you had troubles with getting your beans Blaze. I always try and be patient as possible as these guys are shipping illegal cannabis seeds across the globe and there's loads of logistics and risk involved that we do not always take into consideration. However i find it's unacceptable for them to not respond to your mails especially when you're waiting on items you've already paid for it's simply bad business ethics. Unfortunately they've got an average review of 0.9 / 10 out of 62 reviews on Seedfinder Europe which is worrying. I'd like to support :420:sponsors as much as possible so i'd like to believe things have changed...

I've gotten seeds in everything from the tiny generic Ziploc bags (both printed labels and barely legible handwritten ones) to - once - a small stuffed animal. Even had to contact a seller once, only to learn that they were hidden inside the packaging materials. Good thing my trash had yet to be picked up that week ;) . One seller (a former sponsor) made a big deal out of their custom seed packaging wheel(???), the description seemed like some kind of "dial-a-seed" gizmo where you turn it to select the seed you wanted to dispense. There were several reports of the seeds getting completely mixed up due to the bouncing around during shipping :rolleyes: . People get creative, sometimes. And sometimes... Simple is better, lol.

True simple might be better, but if you're ordering from a 3rd party, what guarantees do you have that a zip lock bag contains actual breeders specific seeds?

In this case, Im not speaking of "stealth" hidden methods, Im speaking of true to strain seeds from well known breeders. I ordered land race strains, so they need to be EXACT, otherwise, why bother?

Yes, 3rd party re- sellers that have been in business for a decade or more that I've ordered from on several prior occasions and received breeders packs every time, I would trust to send in out of pack zip locks, but companies with low ratings that have only been doing serious business for a few years? No I don't trust them if I receive non breeders packs (sealed and unopened btw)

Buyer beware, everyone has a choice to buy from who they want, but when a person wants specific not so popular land race strains, they need to be EXACT because I'm breeding and cloning and random seeds, out of pack, won't do

I don't care what theyre shipping, illegal or not. And btw, in my state ITS LEGAL.

Well, cool. That somehow makes it perfectly legal to smuggle cannabis seeds across the US border, then, lol? Once your order makes it through Customs, and your regional USPS ISC, you should be fine. (But the same is probably true for the rest of us, too, come to think of it.)

You want to defend this company, go ahead.

If that's all you got from my post, I don't know what to tell you. Sue your high school principal, maybe, IDK.

EDIT: I read on another company's website yesterday about a giveaway, and there was mention of the "places" (on the Internet) that people could enter the drawing. One of which happens to be our forum. But I've just had a look and... there's no thread in this "sponsors' section" about any giveaway :rolleyes: . I'm not going to mention the name of that company, because it'd probably be annoying to discuss one sponsor in another sponsor's thread, lol (and might possibly be in violation of the forum rules, IDK). But, from your posts, it's clear that it's a company that you do business with ;) . Sometimes... "sh!t happens."

EDIT #2: Landrace strains - I'm a big fan from way back of growing/preserving them, too. I hope you get some winners (from whichever business you end up getting them from). Best of luck with your grow!

You want to defend this company, go ahead.
All I can say is Google reviews.
Slow down there buddy i think you're reading a bit quick...
Unfortunately they've got an average review of 0.9 / 10 out of 62 reviews on Seedfinder Europe which is worrying.
The rest of your post is just rambling.
I'm giving some input my friend no need to be funny. :ganjamon:
However i find it's unacceptable for them to not respond to your mails especially when you're waiting on items you've already paid for it's simply bad business ethics.

Back
Top Bottom