Dutty Retires To The Tent To Test LED Technology

Nice set up sir. Do you sleep on the right side of the bed ? Id be poppin my head in there all night to see whats going on and wouldnt get much sleep haha. Ur wife must be pretty chill I think mine would shoot me if she came home and saw that next to my bed I can already hear her asking if Im gonna screw them instead of her LOL.
What your prediction on the evolution of LEDs? When are we gonna see a mind blowing product that makes HPS completely obsolete like digital music did to CD's Cant wait to see you apply your genius to a tent grow Im subbed up fo sho!

My wife isn't that chill she was pissed. And that comment has left her mouth before. When I had rentals going full of plants I was gone a lot and she hated that. But she's my biggest patient oz per week easy.

As for led.
Well I think we are on the edge of a lighting shift. I think the momentum will swing towards double enders like gavitas and nanolux De, and led. So I need to get my feet wet. Hps won't go away but may virtually be replaced more along the lines of cd to digital music like you said . I'm very interested in trying these out there price point is fair for led and if it works I'll buy a bunch. If not I may try the illumtex neosol ds. But if platinum comes close to my current setup I'll go with them.

Most governing authorities/organizations require energy conservation steps in commercial buildings & different operations.
With the energy consumption of HIDs, I can see Building Codes & similar "entities" forcing commercial grows to go green...as in green/sustainable energy.
I know some of the LED CO's are counting on it.

Even in commercial buildings, LED fixtures for general lighting are req'd in a lot of circumstances.
LED is here to stay. General LED fixtures are improving every month. LED lights for growers are right behind.

That fan looks legit.

Looks like it belongs in my engine compartment. I think I have an issue for things black and red. Studio, cars, trimmers, now fans. Neither are my favorite color either lol.

I think max yields showed me the video. So I looked up other ones and said I'm going for it.

Most governing authorities/organizations require energy conservation steps in commercial buildings & different operations.
With the energy consumption of HIDs, I can see Building Codes & similar "entities" forcing commercial grows to go green...as in green/sustainable energy.

Even in commercial buildings, LED fixtures for general lighting are req'd in a lot of circumstances.
LED is here to stay. General LED fixtures are improving every month. LED lights for growers are right behind.

Yup that's exactly what I believe. And I didn't want to get left in the "heat" so had to try.

This is something I have thought about as well, green tech. is the future.... My father left his photography job at Nat Geo to get into Sustainability and now works with 13 cities in the South to help them stop wasting energy. Regardless of the money it saves, environmentally friendly technology will be pushed by everyone who believes (as everyone should in my opinion) in helping conserve this planet. You wouldn't believe how big of a talking point it is in my Architecture classes...

Honestly people in my fathers profession could probably help out industrial sized grow operations a lot... I can't even imagine what some professional grow ops look like through the thermal imaging camera my dad uses, there is probably a lot of money to be saved in most cases.

Considering LEDs have far more applications then just grow lighting, I believe we are looking at some MAJOR advances within the next few years. Which growers will undoubtably benefit from.... I can't wait to see what I'm growing under once Im out of college!!! :rofl:

Thanks for chiming in on this Cajun, I absolutely love seeing posts like this. I could talk to you for hours about this kind of stuff.

Subbing up
Here for the madness
:bravo:

I'm a LEED AP with specialty in building design & construction so I get a pretty good glimpse into the future of the built environment. I would bet Colorado especially will have more green/sustainable best management practice type stuff.
Harvest rain water on roof, filter & feed to the plants while generating solar powered energy to the lights stuff is coming...

I'm a LEED AP with specialty in building design & construction so I get a pretty good glimpse into the future of the built environment. I would bet Colorado especially will have more green/sustainable best management practice type stuff.
Harvest rain water on roof, filter & feed to the plants while generating solar powered energy to the lights stuff is coming...

Right on dude, very cool. I can't wait to bein your position... I get a glimpse of it through my fathers profession but not the glimpse I would prefer :cheesygrinsmiley: it's good to know things like that are coming around, it's what we need.

In Colorado it is technically Illegal to save run off water from your property unless you have the mineral/water rights as well which most people don't in the cities. It has to do with Colorado selling a percentage of water rights to other states that need our water downstream it was done decades ago. The Rocky Mountains supply a lot of water to the rest of the country. There are places where it is enforced too. The big thing to me is energy. They allowed 6 plants per person but later defined that the space has to be covered on all sides and locked because we wouldn't want some little kid to walk up to it and be poisoned for the rest of his life - oh the medical bills - Anyway certain municipalities can't grow outside for personal use, I'm in one of those. Can't install solar panels either because its a townhome and technically its supposed to be a dettached home as well. What are they gonna do? My cover story is we bake a lot of Cannabis edibles :) What judge is going to sign a warrant without probable cause? Because the neighbor smells weed here? We haven't had anyone come over here in months - there is no traffic. Its legal to smoke here - I'm just rambling but the bottom line is there is nothing to worry about.

I hope this will help people choose. I'm making this cause this is what I would of looked for if I was gonna contemplate making a switch from hps to led. So without anymore banter here's where my led trials will take place.

Very well put Max. I would never tell another grower that his way of growing CFL/HID/LED was wrong. I believe you have to do what works for you and your situation.

If I had more upfront disposable cash I think I may have tried LED. But then again I am a little old school and I don't come around to new things very easy. I actually almost bought an LED light. I just couldn't make my finger hit the "accept" tab.

Thanks for your comments and compliments :peace:

Sub'd

Back
Top Bottom