DWC Hydroponic - Indoor - Autoflowering Narcotherapy - 2015

I didn't go to work today because I wanted to wait by the door for the new microscope. I've been down watching the grass grow for most of the day. Since the one that will be ready to pick on Saturday is a predominantly Indica phenotype, and since all of its trichomes are cloudy now, and since some of the hairs have turned orange, and since I prefer the heady up highs that let me tear off on a manic burst of creativity and productivity to the stoney couch locked sense of oneness with all things in the universe containing gravity, I kinda think I should pick this today. Kinda. Maybe. Yeah? >.>

Haha girl I feel your excitement! I'm going through it right now!

You're going to be your best judge. If you're liking what you see and you want to experience the thrill of a homegrown harvest I say do what your gut says!

The microscope will give you a good sense of what you're looking for.

Can't wait to see some pictures!!

OK I have thus far resisted the temptation to hack up that plant today. Probably only because the microscope isn't here yet.

Here's the full garden in what may turn out to be its last shot before one of these plants is all hacked to bits.

Here's the canopy

You pretty sure they're ready?
They put mine to shame. Great job.
They grew a little more than most of my past freebie autos & I've run out of quality flowering lighting.
The buds look great.

Finally caught up. Whew! You're having a good time, aren't you?

I finally put my finger on the smell - it's like rainbow sherbet.

Yummy! That's a new one on me. That has to make you a bit more excited. :laughtwo:

I can't believe I get to pick a plant this week. I'm so excited.

You translate that excitement very well. Hahaha! I love harvests and there's one going on somewhere in this neighborhood just about every day. I understand your take on "at least it's better than...." Gets frustrating when you've been blessed with homegrown and then run out. Awk!

Last time I ran out it was right after my husband died and a friend stepped forward and gifted me an ounce to carry me until my next harvest. I'll never forget that act of kindness. He saved me a whole load of grief. It wasn't anywhere near the quality I grow myself, but it kept me from having to go without.

So, not being able to see really well, the little jeweler's loupe just isn't cutting it for me to see my trichomes.

Orderered a Carson zOrb USB Digital Microscope with 53x Optical Zoom from amazon. It will be here today, so expect lots of microscopic pictures later! ha

I need a time lapse camera now. roflmao

Envy Baby. This is one of my wish list items. I'm adept with the loupe, but as the eyes age, it becomes more of a challenge. Time lapse functions are turning up in cell phones now. I keep meaning to look into possible apps for the iPhone.

OK, I mean, I know it's early, but I really wanna pick this.

I'd wait. ..:rofl:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. What he said. At least until you verify the trichomes. They don't look done to me, but I'm looking through a digital lense. You know better than we do. My biggest challenge early on was waiting for the harvest window to open on its own instead of me throwing a brick through it. :laughtwo: If you need meds, consider taking a branch.

You pretty sure they're ready?
They put mine to shame. Great job.
They grew a little more than most of my past freebie autos & I've run out of quality flowering lighting.
The buds look great.

I'm pretty sure they're not ready. But I'm pretty sure they're ready!!! I just want to hack this plant up so badly. I feel like a serial killer or something. They do look great, and thank you for that. They're not as crystally as I'd have wanted, though. I'm actually a bit disappointed in these plants, truth be told. I don't know if it's because they're autos vs. photos or if it's because this particular auto just isn't that hot. I know it's gonna smoke better than anything I can buy, though, so I'm a silly twit for even complaining at all, really.

I'd wait. ..:rofl:

hahahhaahh yeah BUT!!!!!! AAAAaaargh!!!! Cut Cut Cut /sigh Wait Wait Wait

Finally caught up. Whew! You're having a good time, aren't you?

Oh, yes. I feel just like when I was 3 or 4 and it was the week of Christmas and soon, oh so very soon, there will be a huge surprise and it will be a good surprise (not one of those unsuspected yucky surprises).

Yummy! That's a new one on me. That has to make you a bit more excited. :laughtwo:

I think most people would say it smells like Juicy Fruit gum, but it's more than that LOL it's rainbow sherbet!

You translate that excitement very well. Hahaha! I love harvests and there's one going on somewhere in this neighborhood just about every day. I understand your take on "at least it's better than...." Gets frustrating when you've been blessed with homegrown and then run out. Awk!

For me in particular .... I don't keep inferior things in my life. Like, I mean, life is too short to settle. When I can have a great thing, why would I get a mediocre thing instead? It's just not logical! Math - it's a curse, some days.

Last time I ran out it was right after my husband died and a friend stepped forward and gifted me an ounce to carry me until my next harvest. I'll never forget that act of kindness. He saved me a whole load of grief. It wasn't anywhere near the quality I grow myself, but it kept me from having to go without.

These kinds of moments are what restore my faith in the universe when it falters - there are as many random acts of kindness in the world as violence - there have to be otherwise it would not be a balanced universe, and I suspect the universe tends toward balance, like, it can't help it. I buy people's coffee at Starbucks a few times a week. Well, that's not true - I only buy for women. I used to buy for both, but men don't receive well. An unexpected, genuine smile is the most beautiful thing to me.

Envy Baby. This is one of my wish list items. I'm adept with the loupe, but as the eyes age, it becomes more of a challenge. Time lapse functions are turning up in cell phones now. I keep meaning to look into possible apps for the iPhone.

Well this is a pretty cool toy. I can't use it properly HAHAHAHAAHAHAHH I can't see well enough to focus it while holding it while trying to mash its little button to snap the shot. I end up putting it on the timer function where it snaps 60 shots a minute and moving it around for a while and then reviewing 1000 pictures to find one that might actually be in focus.

Sadly, none of these really are:

There's no amber in the trichomes yet, but they are all milky, right? I mean they're not still clear, are they?

Beautiful shots!

They look so awesome that close up!

I'm glad you've resisted the temptation to chop them down. And be sure that you won't be disappointed. A wise grower once said "if you think you're ready for harvest, wait a week and chop her down."

Can't wait to see the bounty!

Lots of love this morning to you! :love:

I did cut off one branch just because I couldn't help it. I'm doing my best to wait until Saturday to destroy the rest of the plant. At least this one plant is keeping me from focusing on the other three so they can finish in peace.

Good job!

Don't feel bad! I'm kind of doing the same thing, harvesting one a little early to reap some benefits while the others finish up strong!

You're going to love what you smoke I assure you that! +Reps for the impending harvest!!

Good job!

Don't feel bad! I'm kind of doing the same thing, harvesting one a little early to reap some benefits while the others finish up strong!

You're going to love what you smoke I assure you that! +Reps for the impending harvest!!

I really am so excited for this harvest. I can hardly sit still at work - I've been outside 20 times since I came in this morning. I just want to go home and be in the garden. If I don't pick a plant soon, I might drive my coworkers batty.

Someone told me there is this thing called Patient I can get which will help me wait to pick the plants. I tried to find it at the market earlier today, but they didn't seem to have any.

There is something wrong with one of these plants. I really don't like this strain at all - hehe.

All of the larger fan leaves are yellowing, which I would expect if the thing were a week away from picking, but this one can't possibly be ready in a week. It has about 25% the bud growth of its sisters in the garden. It looks like the other 3 plants did about 3 weeks ago, development-wise. It's got very sparse buds and no trichome development to speak of yet.

Also, pH was under 5 today and PPM at about 1600. They're drinking less than last week. I took about 3 gallons out of the res and put in about 8 of clear water.

Back
Top Bottom