Ed's Tent Grow #2: Blueberry, Coco Melon, Grandaddy Bruce, Gelato

:cheesygrinsmiley: Flip Day #23

GDB buds are bursting and smelling wonderful. Here is one of Gloriana's lobes.
03 02 2021 Gloriana GDB.jpg

:thumb:

Flip Day #24

Glorianna GDB continues her bud bursting ways and is starting to frost over on her top leaves :cheesygrinsmiley:
03 03 2021 Glorianna GDB Frost.jpg

Georgia GDB is not very far behind her sister, but no frosties on her yet.

I can't wait to cure these babies. Barring any unpleasant surprises, my last GDB Fem may well become my next Queen Mother (following the reign of Queen Mother Wilhelmina Wappa II ... God Bless and Long Live The Queen). I really love the way it grows and flowers.

Belarose BB coming along nicely, just not nearly as fat as GDB (at least not yet). Giulia Gelato is another story. She is doing just 'alright'. Maybe she will fill up and surprise me. I don't see a possible Motherhood future for these two strains.

The most surprising in the lot is Caydence Coco Melon. Based on the seedbank write up, I expected Sativa height qualities, but she is the shortest of the lot. I also expected skinnier Sativa leaves but they're wide and Indica -like looking very much like all the other hybrids in the tent. She is growing nice buds and hopefully her extra weeks will yield favorable results.

Flip Day #26. :cheesygrinsmiley: Coming along nicely. Very light scents off Bellarose BB, Giulia Gelato and Caydence Coco Melon but by far most of the tent's scent is coming off of Glorianna GDB with her sister Georgia not far behind.

I love this period :cheesygrinsmiley:

'West' side of tent.
03 05 2021 Mixed West.jpg

'East' side of tent.

03 05 2021 Mixed East.jpg

Flip Day #26. :cheesygrinsmiley: Coming along nicely. Very light scents off Bellarose BB, Giulia Gelato and Caydence Coco Melon but by far most of the tent's scent is coming off of Glorianna GDB with her sister Georgia not far behind.

I love this period :cheesygrinsmiley:

'West' side of tent.
03 05 2021 Mixed West.jpg

'East' side of tent.

03 05 2021 Mixed East.jpg

Your grow is so big you need a compass? Hehe. Beautiful work my friend

:cheesygrinsmiley: Day #61 - Flip Day #28 - 4 week mark! - :slide: Smelling fantastic in there!

03 07 2021 Mixed.jpg

... and in LED light ...
03 07 2021 Mixed LED light.jpg

Looking at this objectively, it is probably an example of an overstuffed tent wasting plants.

I'm thinking the upcoming Wappa clone grow will be limited to 1 or 2 plants max and shoot for equal or better than 251 cured grams yield.

Researching Queen Wilhelmina Wappa 2nd's brown spots further over in TENT2, I read this is often spider mites. Spider mites are also said to cause curled tips, which Wilhelmina also has. Very glad I did some research because my default would be to bug bomb the room which is said to possibly worsen the condition by killing mite predators. Thanks again to TEAM 420.

As TENT2 neighbors Belka Bloody Skunk and Panya Purple Punch both have leaves with brown spots, and seeing that here in TENT1 Giulia does as well I figure we gots us a mite problem.

I pulled Wilhelmina out for a close look. If mites are there I can't see them, but my eyes are pretty old now.

Much of what I read about as remedy was not on hand, but one product was so I applied it as directed (not sure if I can reference the name).

Here in TENT1 I sprayed much less liberally underneath and just one light pass above.

The girls all look as happy or happier than ever, hopefully the same is not true for any mites present but not seen.

Fingers crossed.

Day #67 - Flip Day #34

Thirsty girls all drank 3L each! Good sign - buds are made of water, water, water.

This watering should take them to their next nutrient supplement :cheesygrinsmiley: which switches to FF CHA CHING :yahoo:for their late flowering period :slide:

5 week mark tomorrow!

Supplemental Noobie Mistake Entry - Day #71 Flip Day #38

First I thought powdery mildew but have since decided this looks a lot more like bud burn.
03 17 2021 Bud burn.jpg

Here is a wider shot of the problem...
03 17 2021 bud burn tops.jpg

Immediate remedy reengineering the light again, up 8 inches to 1 foot above the tallest lobe.
03 17 2021 Height Adjustment.jpg

Things I am thinking for the next grow to help alleviate the issue:

make tent perennial 12/12;
start with +-12 inch topped clones;
only fill pot 2/3 with soil;
1 new clone every 30 days;
2 clone max capacity;

Supplemental Noobie Mistake Entry - Day #71 Flip Day #38

First I thought powdery mildew but have since decided this looks a lot more like bud burn.
03 17 2021 Bud burn.jpg

Here is a wider shot of the problem...
03 17 2021 bud burn tops.jpg

Immediate remedy reengineering the light again, up 8 inches to 1 foot above the tallest lobe.
03 17 2021 Height Adjustment.jpg

Things I am thinking for the next grow to help alleviate the issue:

make tent perennial 12/12;
start with +-12 inch topped clones;
only fill pot 2/3 with soil;
1 new clone every 30 days;
2 clone max capacity;
All affected buds have new, non-bleached growth overnight.

I think we're okay now.

:cheesygrinsmiley: Oh .. That .. Smell .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Really starting to smell dank and lovely in there and girls are really bursting now. :slide:Tomorrow marks 6 weeks into flower, with 2-3 weeks yet projected for the earliest of the lovely ladies (Glorianna, Bellarose and Giulia). Of the lot, Glorianna and Bellarose appear to be the furthest along in terms of pistils coloring over. Estimating both around 15% or so. Stankiest buds by far are the GDB.

Oh that smell
:yahoo:

It's nighty night time now for the ladies, already almost into the mid part of their 7th week flowering. I love this period, watching buds fatten and begin to color over. It looks to me like Gloriana's two center lobes are going to ripen first and I will be harvesting over several weeks. Tomorrow the ladies are all due for FF Cha Ching nutrients. This may be the last nutrient supplement before harvest for the earliest of girls ... we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom