Ed's Tent Grow #2: Blueberry, Coco Melon, Grandaddy Bruce, Gelato

Ed, if you only have 2 more inches, you better pull those plants out now and adjust your light . I say this because if you think they are stretching now, just wait for the next 2 weeks . You’ll need another 12 inches if not more. I’ve raised my light at least a foot and will end up having to raise another foot over course of next month. I am able to turn down intensity on one light and even my second light I just have to pull driver off the top to do it. Ideally I’d like to only raise up or down and not mess with intensity, glad it’s an option though
Looking good Ed, you’ll have those little fuzzy hats all over in the coming week , then some fat buds hopefully :)
Thank you @Ghostwriter31 !!

This is primarily why I switched to 12/12 eight days earlier than with Grow #1.

Also, I only have about 8 inches above the light before the top of the tent.

Based on Grow #1, the light starts to burn buds a bit at 3 inches but anything more was fine. I took my last two inches up already and skewed the light 'west' a bit for more even coverage. This gives me 20 inch clearance now again over the tallest lobes. Fingers crossed for less than 12 inches more of stretch!!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you @Ghostwriter31 !!

This is primarily why I switched to 12/12 eight days earlier than with Grow #1.

Also, I only have about 8 inches above the light before the top of the tent.

Based on Grow #1, the light starts to burn buds a bit at 3 inches but anything more was fine. I took my last two inches up already and skewed the light 'west' a bit for more even coverage. This gives me 20 inch clearance now again over the tallest lobes. Fingers crossed for less than 12 inches more of stretch!!

:cheesygrinsmiley:
How tall is your tent ? I am able to pull mine up to about 5’10” , maybe a bit higher

Ahh I see now

Day #45 - Flip Day #12

This morning I moved one of Georgia GDB's lobes to an adjacent grid space to give Caydence Coco Melon's 6th lobe more light. Both are doing well following the operation.

Pistils now becoming evident without having to search too hard :cheesygrinsmiley:

Lobes seem well positioned to fatten up nicely.
02 19 2021 Mixed Greens.jpg

Day #46 - Flip Day #13

Pots not quite light enough for another watering. The ladies are transpiring, bringing their tent to 50% humidity with no humidifier running. I am hoping to encourage the Purple nature of the GDB and keep my lights out temps around 65F starting about 10:30 am local time.

It looks like the tallest lobes are done with their stretch, sure hope so. Most of the canopy is pretty even. Caydence Coco's right side lobe coming along as hoped for.

Nice to see naked eye pistils building up.

Here is a shot of Glorianna GDB this morning, coming along nicely.
02 20 2021 Glorianna GDB.jpg

Day #46 - Flip Day #13

Pots not quite light enough for another watering. The ladies are transpiring, bringing their tent to 50% humidity with no humidifier running. I am hoping to encourage the Purple nature of the GDB and keep my lights out temps around 65F starting about 10:30 am local time.

It looks like the tallest lobes are done with their stretch, sure hope so. Most of the canopy is pretty even. Caydence Coco's right side lobe coming along as hoped for.

Nice to see naked eye pistils building up.

Here is a shot of Glorianna GDB this morning, coming along nicely.
02 20 2021 Glorianna GDB.jpg
This fan leaf looks great. I know during my first two grows, I had brown spots, yellowing leaves and a few other problems creeping up. Sure good to know they are getting what they need at this critical time. I’ve found myself comparing journals especially with the one purple punch. I as well will try and bring out the purple colors with temperature. I only wished I’d taken better notes and more pictures of my second grow which ended up being a multiple harvest with a month between my then two tents . I’m still considering putting up my 3by3. I have everything I need just been lazy. I really would like to get going on next grow because I will have to sex the plants . I have vault of around 50 different strains but they are all photo period and each strain has a minimum of 10 seeds. For the 9 months I was moving and could not grow I did nothing but order seeds. Found 2 seed banks here in the US that I trust completely now and have corresponded with Radogear / Cannarodo genetics and he’s helped me with his genetics getting the most from the plant . Cool guy amd his plants drip with terpenes. Anyhow I’m just rambling now , have a great weekend ..............being cooped up in this house because of snow has me stirr crazy , though my plants were ecstatic

This fan leaf looks great. I know during my first two grows, I had brown spots, yellowing leaves and a few other problems creeping up. Sure good to know they are getting what they need at this critical time. I’ve found myself comparing journals especially with the one purple punch. I as well will try and bring out the purple colors with temperature. I only wished I’d taken better notes and more pictures of my second grow which ended up being a multiple harvest with a month between my then two tents . I’m still considering putting up my 3by3. I have everything I need just been lazy. I really would like to get going on next grow because I will have to sex the plants . I have vault of around 50 different strains but they are all photo period and each strain has a minimum of 10 seeds. For the 9 months I was moving and could not grow I did nothing but order seeds. Found 2 seed banks here in the US that I trust completely now and have corresponded with Radogear / Cannarodo genetics and he’s helped me with his genetics getting the most from the plant . Cool guy amd his plants drip with terpenes. Anyhow I’m just rambling now , have a great weekend ..............being cooped up in this house because of snow has me stirr crazy , though my plants were ecstatic
I had a few yellow spots and tip browning following my first application of Open Sesame. When that happened, I reread the label and more closely examined the measuring spoons included and realized I had been double dosing.

I can't pass up the opportunity to shout out again the wonders of the Wappa strain. Double dosing them throughout their flowering cycle had no ill effect (other than my wallet). Good to know. Looking forward to Wappa#5 maturing to produce clones and occupy this tent after this grow is done.

Anyhow, this Mixed Tent's next application of Open Sesame was correctly dosed and they all showed no yellowing or browning following that feeding.

I can't rave enough about Fox Farm soil and credit it with the beautifully uniform green growth. I am using Ocean Forest and Happy Frog. Tough to find FF soil locally in the winter.

I probably buy too many seeds myself and need to learn to be more patient. As evidence, I would like to know your reliable US suppliers :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day #47 - Flip Day #14 :slide:

:cheesygrinsmiley: I love these week marks ... :yahoo:6-7 weeks left for the Indica Girls, and 8 weeks for CoCo Loco :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thirsty girls all taking 3L+ plain water. The next watering due to include their first dose of a two week period where they'll get FF Beastie Bloomz 1x a week.

Trimmed a number of runners off Bellarose BB that had gotten away from me again.

Installed an additional diagonal trellis support line. It's now gently redirecting 1 lobe of Glorianna GDB to the 'NE' and 2 of Bellarose BB's lobes to the 'SW' in an attempt of optimal growth of big fat buds.

02 21 2021 Diagonal Trellis Support.jpg

The GDB strain seems quick to flower as compared to her BB, Gelato and Coco tentmates. Even Georgia GDB who is a full week younger is out flowering all the other strains. Vigorous growers. If it yields in weight and potency as predicted, I can see GDB becoming the 2nd tent mother. Glad I have 1 GDB bean left. Oh happy days.

L: Glorianna GDB / R: Georgia GDB
02 21 2021 GDBs.jpg

The combination of cannabis organic shapes and purple light make for some interesting images I think. Here a top down of the center of the tent mid 3rd week of flowering. Center left to right, Glorianna GDP, Bellarose BB four lobes, Giulia Gelato top right, Caydence Coco Melon bottom center.
02 25 2021 tops.jpg

Here is a flash shot in the same orientation, but just over and behind the row depicted in the purple light above.

Trying to optimize bud orientation, I have one lobe each from South occupying Caydence Coco (L) and Georgia GDB (R) poking through the empty North space.
02 25 2021 Caydence and Georgia Reach.jpg

I've been keeping temps around 65F and I think I see some purple happening :yahoo:

Hey ed, finally got off my butt and set-up shop. Will do a proper grow journal next run. Some old seeds ( at least 7 years) that I wanted to use on my first time back growing DWC.
Here's my three OG Kush's that will be four weeks old this Saturday. The front (OG #18) and back left (OG ) are from Reserva Privada and the right rear is from Dinafem. Will flip in a couple of weeks.

week 4.jpg

AzLaker
:cool:

Hey ed, finally got off my butt and set-up shop. Will do a proper grow journal next run. Some old seeds ( at least 7 years) that I wanted to use on my first time back growing DWC.
Here's my three OG Kush's that will be four weeks old this Saturday. The front (OG #18) and back left (OG ) are from Reserva Privada and the right rear is from Dinafem. Will flip in a couple of weeks.

week 4.jpg

AzLaker
Just viewed a DWC tutorial ... interesting. Do you have 1 air pump per bucket?

No, I'm running a Magnetic piston High-Pressure air pump. It has four outlets and put out 840GPH or 14GPM. Each bucket has a 5" round air stones that put out a boat load of Dissolved Solids. :thumb:

AzLaker
Very interesting.

Been thinking about an outdoor grow what with the spring near at hand. I bought some 20 gallon fabric bags and figure I might try one out back in our country place. I will have Wappa clones about that time, thought I might give one a shot.

Very interesting.

Been thinking about an outdoor grow what with the spring near at hand. I bought some 20 gallon fabric bags and figure I might try one out back in our country place. I will have Wappa clones about that time, thought I might give one a shot.
I am building a house on 7 acres my parents bought way back in 1972. They are clearing now for site work . Supposed to be finished in August. N GA mountains. I won’t move in for another 3 years but when I do , outdoors is top of my list

Back
Top Bottom