Ed's 12/12 Tent Version 3

Bruce Banner Auto Fem yellowing @ 60 days, observed her 6.5 balanced FF Beastie Bloom ran off to 5.5. I added 6 tablespoons of organic lime and flushed her. After the second 2 gallon flush, her runoff pH equaled the input pH so hopefully she is going to continue on her budquest.

Flushing and lime supplement seems to be helping Bruce Banner Fem 1 and a bit more so Fem 2. Both now onto FF Open Sesame adjusted to 6.5, so far so good with their pH run off.
01 17 2022 Flower tent.jpg
Pictured above (left to right) was Bruce Banner Auto, Bruce Banner Fem1, and Bruce Banner Fem2.

Cut back a lot of bottom growth on the two Fems, probably too late :sorry: , Fem1 is yellowing now too.

It's now one full week and this Bruce Banner Auto's yellowing condition is worsening. :thedoubletake: :hmmmm: I am giving up and adding any more lime. Runoff is still a full 1.0 pH lower than input. :hmmmm: I am now adjusting the pH of the water or nutrient water to around 7.5, and the runoff is coming out around 6.5. I read that Bruce Banner tends to like higher amounts of nutrients, but I haven't seen that at all.

Anyhow, this Auto has now been dried out and up potted into a 6 gallon container. She got plain watered adjusted to 7.5 until she shed. I removed the excess runoff which was was 6.5 and moved her back to the 'Auto' tent. She is about at her due date but not yet ripe. Not giving up on her yet.

Space was needed for Bruce Banner Fem1 clone1.

Revised photo to follow.

I had a 6 inch exhaust fan begin to chirp a few days ago, after about 15 months use.

I am going to replace it with an in-line fan, definitely quieter and supposed to use a lot less electricity.

My arrays have had 1 six inch fan for input and another for out take. With this new inline, I may experiment with just 1 fan. The quiet would be nice.

Unit was 'a bit' complicated to set up, requiring 15 supplemental manufacturer step to clear an alarm out of the box and get working.

:oops: PESTS - AGAIN :oops:
:sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:
:thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake:

VERY hard to see, but I found one, explains the yellowing :sorry:

I've got lady bugs on order, meanwhile I set off a bug bomb last night and treated everyone with Neem today.

G#@ D@&$ 1t!!
I'm so sorry my friend @ed the head :sorry:
I got hit with broad mites I think they were, a couple years ago.
Wiped out almost 30 mature ladies.
After battling them for weeks I just dumped them and scrubbed the hell out of everything.
Then set off a couple of those bug bombs.
Started all over.
They are impossible to kill.
Lay eggs inside the stem and just keep coming back and devastating everything.
I hope yours are ok.
You seem to be right on it.

Stay safe
Bill

It may well be too late to save flowering Bruce Banner Auto and Bruce Banner Fem#1 from the affects of this tiny pest infestation but we're going to try. Similarly for Bruce Banner Auto (I think) clone #1 in vegetative state, she's been leaning yellow noticeably. Not unexpectedly considering this diagnosis, the two clones next to affected Bruce Banner Auto Fem showing some slight yellow. In short, little bastards are EVERYWHERE.

I think they're spider mites, but whether they're thrips or mites they both have about 21 day life cycles.

We started with a tent open door, grow room closed door, overnight bug bomb on 1/27. I plan to treat the condition daily for 21 days, or through 2/16.

Treatment involves moving each plant to a position where I can apply Neem spray evenly on all leaves, especially their bottoms, and returning them to their position in the tent.

I will continue this treatment until the ladybugs I ordered get delivered, switch from Neem to light foliar spray for 1 day, and then release some of the ladybugs into the tents.

Ladybug delivery is supposed to be anywhere between 2/2 and 2/5. I am hoping for sooner because the LB are my preferred solution.

It may well be too late to save flowering Bruce Banner Auto and Bruce Banner Fem#1 from the affects of this tiny pest infestation but we're going to try. Similarly for Bruce Banner Auto (I think) clone #1 in vegetative state, she's been leaning yellow noticeably. Not unexpectedly considering this diagnosis, the two clones next to affected Bruce Banner Auto Fem showing some slight yellow. In short, little bastards are EVERYWHERE.

I think they're spider mites, but whether they're thrips or mites they both have about 21 day life cycles.

We started with a tent open door, grow room closed door, overnight bug bomb on 1/27. I plan to treat the condition daily for 21 days, or through 2/16.

Treatment involves moving each plant to a position where I can apply Neem spray evenly on all leaves, especially their bottoms, and returning them to their position in the tent.

I will continue this treatment until the ladybugs I ordered get delivered, switch from Neem to light foliar spray for 1 day, and then release some of the ladybugs into the tents.

Ladybug delivery is supposed to be anywhere between 2/2 and 2/5. I am hoping for sooner because the LB are my preferred solution.
Stoic determination lines the faces of The Guardians entering battle.
Valiantly defending against the hoards of Ostrogoth and Visigoth Barbarian Pests.
Today is a good die - for pests
01 29 2022 Guardians.jpg

01 29 2022 Pests.jpg

The elusive enemy dared not expose himself to us as we methodically sprayed each poor victim. Our Neem munitions starting running low just as we were finishing off the operation on the last tent-izen. 'Blizzard be Damned, immediately dispatch the quartermaster to Home Depot for two bottles of Neem!".

No plow had graced my street as I commenced my steep descent, but thankfully streets 2,3 & 4 were allowing easier walking as long as I listened carefully for cars. One bottle of Neem on the shelf :hmmmm: , I find an employee who checks and sees that somewhere, there is another unopened case. She searches the immediate area, but it's not there so off the the Customer Service Desk. To get it down off the pallet, I had to first buy it and now wait for them to call me once they get it down. Oh the joys of Inventory Mismanagement. Old General George will just have to understand.

On the way back I noticed the Bodega was open, so I dashed in for some capers and American cheese to satisfy the wish my bride made earlier in the morning for a tuna melt on one of the nice croissants we have.

A good day.

No quarter for the pests, tomorrow we battle on.

4th consecutive daily Neem assault completed.
Treating a total of 9 ladies consumes about 1/4 bottle per day.
Now about two days Neem in reserve with 1 paid for and waiting to be pulled off the pallet at Home Depot.
Ladybugs due Wednesday.

In this tent, seeing some yellowing improvement on the Eldest Lady, jury still out if she will recover enough to start filling out those buds again. Similarly for our Middle Aged Lady, less yellow, bud recovery in question. The Youngin seems fine but gets bathed anyhow as precaution.

4th consecutive daily Neem assault completed.
Treating a total of 9 ladies consumes about 1/4 bottle per day.
Now about two days Neem in reserve with 1 paid for and waiting to be pulled off the pallet at Home Depot.
Ladybugs due Wednesday.

In this tent, seeing some yellowing improvement on the Eldest Lady, jury still out if she will recover enough to start filling out those buds again. Similarly for our Middle Aged Lady, less yellow, bud recovery in question. The Youngin seems fine but gets bathed anyhow as precaution.
The Specials - MESSAGE TO YOU RUDY appropriately playing on the Radio stream for these rude little pests.

Stop your messing around
Better think of your future
Time you straighten right out
Creating problems in town
Rudy
A message to you, Rudy
A message to you, Rudy
Oh, it's a message to you, Rudy
Yeah, it's a message to you, Rudy

:hmmmm: Being no fan of the enhanced flavor of pest carcasses - bud washing in your future ladies :sorry:

Going out on a limb and giving another Sponsor product a try ORGANIC SYSTEMIC PESTICIDE
Fingers crossed

Also, at the 60x magnification I have on hand, I can still barely see these little pests.
I found an after market 200X iPhone attachment I hope does the trick.

Deja vu?

:hmmmm: should I be surprised the Neem from previous treatments killed the ladybugs :oops:?

At least we know the Neem works, in that regard they ladybugs did not die in vain.

Oh vanities of vanities.

We are ceasing the Neem treatment now and the day after tomorrow we start the Systematic Pesticide product as preventative treatment.

:thedoubletake: Pests look to have taken the worst toll on Bruce Banner Fem1, now at day 41 flowering. :sorry: Not giving up on you yet.
02 07 2022 BBF1 day 41.jpg

Not faring much better post pest eradication is Bruce Banner Fem2 at 33 days flowering.
02 07 2022 BBF2 day 33.jpg

Hard to tell from this shot, but Bruce Banner Fem Clone 1 is spreading and taking over the tent. She always droops at lights out, so don't worry too much about that. High hopes for this one. :cheesygrinsmiley: Here on day 16 flowering ... S..L..O..W growing beauty. :cheesygrinsmiley:
02 07 2022 BBCF1 day 16.jpg

:thedoubletake: Pests look to have taken the worst toll on Bruce Banner Fem1, now at day 41 flowering. :sorry: Not giving up on you yet.
02 07 2022 BBF1 day 41.jpg

Not faring much better post pest eradication is Bruce Banner Fem2 at 33 days flowering.
02 07 2022 BBF2 day 33.jpg

Hard to tell from this shot, but Bruce Banner Fem Clone 1 is spreading and taking over the tent. She always droops at lights out, so don't worry too much about that. High hopes for this one. :cheesygrinsmiley: Here on day 16 flowering ... S..L..O..W growing beauty. :cheesygrinsmiley:
02 07 2022 BBCF1 day 16.jpg
Well the bad news is that Bruce Banners Fem 1 & 2 are clearly compromised, but the good news is they're both continuing to produce new pistils and trics, so they're not a total loss.

All systems go with Bruce Banner Clone 1.
:thumb:

Well, the BB Auto is about as cured as it will get, grade C at best :oops: :thedoubletake:

BBF1 keeled over 2 weeks early yielding approximately only 1 ounce, not hopeful for better than grade C here either :oops:

BBF2 is doing marginally better and due in 6 days.

Elsewhere, the pest problem seems under control. Two BB clones at about 40 and 50 days flowering doing well. A third at about 10 days showing no signs of problems.

So we're hopefully back on track for some Grade A cannabis soon, but for the time being, only grade B and C's in inventory :oops:

Reminds me of the old landrace days minus the seeds, but better than nothing.
:sorry:
Looking forward to commencing a new 30 day rotation with the fresh stock from Amsterdam.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom