Emergency Shutdown - No time for drying: Please give advice

I need to shutdown my operation tomorrow.

I have 4 beautiful flower ready for harvest, and i will not be able to put up a dry room somewhere else..

What should i do?

Can i vacuum everything and put it in the freezer and dry it later?

Or someone have another idea what i could do ?

HI @Emilya, tnx for answer!

I did know it was a bad idea from start, and now i need to stress and throw away a lot of work..

Do you think i can dry it as regular later?
As it comes out of the freezer you are going to condense some extra moisture onto your buds. I suggest drying aggressively with a fan as they come back to room temp, before attempting a normal slow dry.

As it comes out of the freezer you are going to condense some extra moisture onto your buds. I suggest drying aggressively with a fan as they come back to room temp, before attempting a normal slow dry.

Aha, yes, that should work!

What about drying in paper bags in the fridge ?

I have never heard about this, can you tell me a little bit more?
Maybe i can borrow a fridge from a friend...

Aha, yes, that should work!

I have never heard about this, can you tell me a little bit more?
Maybe i can borrow a fridge from a friend...
Search the “ Low Slow Drying Method “
Plenty of threads here discuss it.
But like Emilya said , when you open the fridge , there will be some odor.
Now if you have a buddy with a spare fridge in a garage or basement ,
this is the way to go.
I just recently used this procedure to dry a harvest of 6 inside plants and one outside over a 3 week period.

So best solution i can think of, a quick trim, put it to store in a large dark closed tote with a lock you can leave in your car till after inspection. Rubbermaid has some amazing options.

Its locked in your car so no legal obligation to open the door and show him your harvest. You can trim to your desired size. Hell they have totes large enough to put the whole chopped plant. If all you need is 24h for the inspection you can have those bad boys drying in 20m after the landlord leaves

You could always go to walmart buy two pop up tents one to hang dry your buds in and the other to sleep in and just camp out for couple of days in the bush with your buds lol. ;)

You could always go to walmart buy two pop up tents one to hang dry your buds in and the other to sleep in and just camp out for couple of days in the bush with your buds lol. ;)

I'd probably do that before freezing fresh bud (unless my plan was to make some sort of extract with it). Besides, camping can be enjoyable - and you don't have to worry that the landlord will open your freezer while you aren't looking. Which probably isn't something he's supposed to be doing... then again, if he does, and then calls the cops on you, that counts as legal evidence because it wasn't the cops who snooped around in your freezer without a warrant.

an air fryer does the job if done right , to get it somewhat dried , you put it at 80 , then do few mins , take out for few mins , air few mins take out again , and keep going , until its dry but not over dry , ive done this and it smoked ok , sometimes a quick fix or dry is needed , ( yes curing is the best ) but so is having a roof over your head

do it slowly slowly and it will work , it helps trim pistols too LOL !! :cheesygrinsmiley:
P1090194.JPGP1090195.JPG

To deal with any residual smells still around the apartment, the morning of the inspection, cook up some eggs with lots of onions in it... lots of onions. I happen to love onions and can eat this smelly concoction, so it works well for us. There are times when first responder friends come to our home to visit (Ms. J. is firefighter) and we sometimes want to make sure they don't smell the pot. As a result of this odd behavior I am sure that some of them think the deaf girl is weird and really likes onions... but this behavior makes for a good reproducible cover and one that the landlord would not necessarily see as being a coverup, like incense.

Boiling sauerkraut in a big pot with no lid would probably work, too. It would probably work for a rotting corpse :rofl: . Mom used to do that (the 'kraut, not the corpse) when I was eight or nine years old. I'd walk home from school, climb the stairs to the front porch - and head right back down them (couldn't stand that sh*t).

BtW, as far as I know, landlords still have to give you 24 hours written notice before entering your home, unless it's an emergency situation (e.g., you live in an apartment and you clearly have a burst water line). That's in the USA, I've no idea about other countries.

To deal with any residual smells still around the apartment, the morning of the inspection, cook up some eggs with lots of onions in it... lots of onions. I happen to love onions and can eat this smelly concoction, so it works well for us. There are times when first responder friends come to our home to visit (Ms. J. is firefighter) and we sometimes want to make sure they don't smell the pot. As a result of this odd behavior I am sure that some of them think the deaf girl is weird and really likes onions... but this behavior makes for a good reproducible cover and one that the landlord would not necessarily see as being a coverup, like incense.
Keep a jar of anchovies in oil in the fridge. Heat a bit of oil in a pan, add two anchovies and sauté till they dissolve. It smells great (not fishy at all) and will hide any weed smell. Then you can always add tomatoes and garlic after and make a very nice sauce. Lol

BtW, as far as I know, landlords still have to give you 24 hours written notice before entering your home, unless it's an emergency situation (e.g., you live in an apartment and you clearly have a burst water line). That's in the USA, I've no idea about other countries.
Same as Ontario Canada... To add, the landlord must also provide a valid reason on the written form as well, landlord cant not give a reason... Even in emergency situations they must say what the emergency is and attempt to reach you first, not just walk in unannounced.

Back
Top Bottom