End of Southern Ontario growing season?

onewarmguy

Hey all, a quick shout out to growers in Barrie/Newmarket/Orillia Ontario. I have my grow enclosure in an unheated garage with a 1000 W HPS light and a mechanical ballast that put out significant heat and my enclosure is generally about 4 - 6 degrees C above outside temps. If I was to put a autoflower seed (White Widow) in the dirt right now with a finishing time of 8 - 9 weeks and takes us to early October would I be able to get it to harvest? Help me out here folks, I hate wasting seeds.:rip:

Being a Canadian you should know our seasons can be off track as of late so one never knows. That being said in southern Ont. the late fall season can be plenty warm and adding the heat from your light you should be fine. I would be more concerned about excess heat during the next month to a month and a half.

Thanks Bluenoserjoe, i can adjust the heat retention inside the enclosure by raising my light, the 48" reflector does double duty as a roof. If you check my journal there's a photo of it in week 3.

box the tent with styro board insulation.

can extend the season a fair ways. make sure you do the floor as well.
don't put the tent right on the concrete.

actually you may not get cold enough lol

With the various solutions you've shared to control temp highs and lows, I think you should be good to go! I am in south western Ontario, with four girls in the ground, and they have 8-10 weeks to go, so I'll be watching the weather too.

Good luck! :)

i started my final autoflower seeds on Aug 1, but have a greenhouse to finish. I’m in eastern Ontario, so your weather is a touch better than mine. Thinking we will both be fine.

Back
Top Bottom