Epoxy Resin: Moulding A Bud As A Trophy

BigNug

420 Member
I have purchased some Clear Epoxy Resin, and intend to make a casting of my best bud from this grow. The bud in question is 2+ weeks away from harvest.

Has anyone ever done this before? What did you use for a mould? How dry does the bud need to be to escape mold or fungus forming? Or will it not mold because of a lack of oxygen? How dry can a bud get before it turns brown and loses its beauty and color?

I'm only doing this because growing my own weed indoors has been on my bucket list for 20 years. I'm finally almost there and I want a keepsake.

Thanks in advance.

20210425_153517.jpg

20210425_153506.jpg

20210425_153458.jpg

Y6.jpg

Man thats going to be some pretty strong weed after all that resin coating.

Moon rocks are flowers rolled in resin. Thats about as far as I've ever gotten.

I just keep growing more weed

Try different strains

Usually always get pretty flowers.

I would try things out on a small popcorn bud first. If things don't work out you can take a pic of your nice bud for keepsake then smoke it

I wonder if people are joking when they mention smoking the bud after it has been cast in this type of resin. It certainly looks like the standard resin & hardener used to make paperweights, knick-knacks and coatings on table-tops.

I have purchased some Clear Epoxy Resin, and intend to make a casting of my best bud from this grow. The bud in question is 2+ weeks away from harvest.
Nope, I have not done it. But, it sounds like a good project.

Taking some of the popcorn buds and putting them in the center of a marble might be another fun '420 arts & crafts' project.

I wonder if people are joking when they mention smoking the bud after it has been cast in this type of resin. It certainly looks like the standard resin & hardener used to make paperweights, knick-knacks and coatings on table-tops.

Nope, I have not done it. But, it sounds like a good project.

Taking some of the popcorn buds and putting them in the center of a marble might be another fun '420 arts & crafts' project.
Yea I wasn't sure if that was a joke or not. It is exactly as you say, for crafting and paperweights, casting insects etc.... why not a beautiful big bud!

Yea I wasn't sure if that was a joke or not. It is exactly as you say, for crafting and paperweights, casting insects etc.... why not a beautiful big bud!
I have seen some really nice table tops with a thick resin coating.

Thinking along the lines of taking small buds and covering the table and then a coating of the resin. Maybe a small table top for holding papers, matches or lighters, an ashtray and rolling tray could be made.

I put a big fan leaf in a book for a token of my first real grow... Just need to remember what book I put it in... :hookah:

Has anyone ever done this before? What did you use for a mould? How dry does the bud need to be to escape mold or fungus forming? Or will it not mold because of a lack of oxygen? How dry can a bud get before it turns brown and loses its beauty and color?

I'm only doing this because growing my own weed indoors has been on my bucket list for 20 years. I'm finally almost there and I want a keepsake.

Thanks in advance.

20210425_153517.jpg

20210425_153506.jpg

20210425_153458.jpg

Y6.jpg

What did you use for a mould? I would use poly plastic or silicon , if you use that wood box, if not water tight may leak. Also if not waxed or release agent ,will stick

How dry does the bud need to be to escape mold or fungus forming?
Dry as possible
How dry can a bud get before it turns brown and loses its beauty and color?
Depends on the strain some turn brown when dry . May have to freeze dry to keep the green color
Dry cut flowers are a big thing in flower shops they hold their color

When mixing your resin don't stir hard or will make bubbles, use a vibrator (sander) to get rid off them or a vacuum chamber

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom