Exile19's Lemon Skunk - Big Bud Closet Grow

exile19

Alright I didnt start a journal cause I know how to grow, but looking at some I would like some tips. My lemon skunk is female from dna genetics, its suffering from a little heat stress, but I would like to know nuts and any other tips. I lst her in the beg just so the lower bud sites can get some light, and the big bud is a regular seed I am hoping to get pollen or I will try to herm the skunk which is better?

What strain is it? Lemon Skunk, Big Bud
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Big bud- hybrid, Lemon Skunk- Sativa 60 / Indica 40
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Lemon Skunk is in veg, Big Bud been growing for 2 weeks
If in Veg... For how long? Lemon Skunk has been in veg for 2 months, Big Bud been growing for 2 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Compost and some average soil
If soil... What size pot? N/A
Size of light? I got 1 tube floro, A cfl 40 something, and a little floro
Is it aircooled? Yea a fan
Temp of Room/cab? N/A
RH of Room/cab? N/A
PH of media or res? N/A
Any Pests ? N/A
How often are you watering? 3-4 days or when soil is dry
Type and strength of ferts used? Iron and idk what strength

Re: Exile19's Lemon Skunk, Big Bud closet grow

Here are some lemon pic
IMG_10546.JPG
IMG_105212.JPG
IMG_105114.JPG
IMG_105012.JPG
IMG_10466.JPG
IMG_10447.JPG

Here are some pics of my grow room and big bud, and suggestions to improve grow room any nutes or anything apperciated
IMG_10569.JPG
IMG_10559.JPG
IMG_104711.JPG
IMG_104910.JPG

hi, i notice you shop at herbies, i get my seeds from them, they give some great free seeds, not to convinced on the big bud#2 though but i got shed loads of big bud#2 seeds as i have bough a lot off them and got them free,.

looking at the room id say you need to get the lights sorted out, that single strip light isnt really helping you, if you have any spare cash then if you want to keep it cheap then go with the cfls, you need to get the 6500kelvin for the veg stage and the 2700kelvin for the flower stage, the 6500k are the blueish looking light when they are on and the 2700k are the basic household cfls that give off the orange looking light.

using the 2700k cfls in veg will cause the plants to stretch, its best if you have a mixture, i would go with the 20 or 23watt 6500k cfl, these can be got off the auction site or a select few shops depending where in the world you are, i mean you got 3 plants so you will need a 8 possibly more cfls for the veg stage and the same and more than likely more for the flower stage, i started my grow on cfls and done really well and they got me into flower, but i had 3 plants and was using nearly 400watts with the cfls so switched to the hps to finish the plants off, but the cfls do work and will produce ok bud.

so let us know what the lights your using are, is the cfl a 6500k or 2700k, it should have it written on it, usually a kelvin rating, the strip light is probably the right type for the veg stage but as its a single strip light i think your losing more light then you are using,

are you using a grow are or are the plants in the open or corner of a room, the walls where the plants are need to be painted flat white to reflect as much light back onto the plants as possible, let us know what you got and well try and do our best to help you.

so let us know what lights you are using the best you can,
what grow space your using,

I am using half a closet i dont know dimensions, the light is a 42 cfl, and for my other grows the single strip worked fine had a quarter for a month old plant. Nutes suggestion is my main concern, i was gonna go get some lights soon anyway so I will most likely go with your suggestions. And yea I have a couple of the big bud seeds, I would also like to know if I should herm it or pollinate it? Which is best to get seeds? Thanks

the problem with making it go hermie is you risk the chance of having hermie seeds as well, so their is always that risk, i found the big bud#2 a very good growing plant, but mine went hermie so will be using the pollen to pollenate a couple of buds on one of my other plants so i should then have totally fem seeds, plus the seeds from the hermie will go in reserve but i dont want to spend time and nutes growing a plant that will turn hermie, if you can get a nice female from the big bud#2 then you could clone it, i was hoping mine was female but the 1 plant the dog ate and the other went hermie so took it somewhere else to grow, but the big bud#2 grew really well and would of gave the biggest yield out of my 3 plants in flower, so im hoping if i get the pollen from the hermie and possibly put it on an auto fem, and then the seeds should be auto fem seeds, but will also have the rapid growth of the big bud#2 so should increase the yield from the fem auto, thats my plan anyway

I forgot about hermie pollen, your right though good plan a automatic way of getting females. And I only wanted to herm it cause when you use pollen you get a 50% chance at getting a female. So if I grew a hermie I would always get bud I would just have to pick the balls off.

the problem is when it goes hermie is you wont get decent bud and it will be a lot of male flower and less female flower so would not be a decent smoke, it would give you a load of regular seeds though, but they could go hermie on you so its always a risk, but collecting the pollen from a female hermie and putting this on female plant will always give female seeds, and if its dont with an auto then it gives auto fem seeds, the main reason keep hermies is for the pollen as it has no male genes so the actual male pollen is not male but female, so when added to another female plant in flower it gives femenised seeds, the best part is you could just pollenate 1 or 2 bud sites and still have the rest of the plant to smoke as a normal female plant, but the buds you did put pollen on will give you femenised seeds so if you done it that way you would get a decent smoke and a few seeds from the other buds that got pollen on, a win win if you got the time to do it,

Is there a way to make the female plant go hermie? and in a couple days I will have some updates, so hopefully you or someone can give me some tips thanks dude.

are you sure you want to make the plant go hermie, it will basically give you nothing to smoke, to make a plant go hermie all you have got to do is stress it enough, so during the dark period if you say turned the lights on for 2 hours then left it off and keep messing the lighting schedules up this will make it go hermie, its no guarantee but it is the way most people will use, ive heard of people leaving them in the dark for 48 hours then giving them a few hours of light then back in the dark for say 12 hours then lights etc and repeat till it goes hermie, then when you know its gone hermie go back to 12-12, ill try and find out for sure and give you a shout back

I have 26, 23 cfl I havent put them up I rearranged my grow room here are some pics I have been trimming the fan leaves off as the bud sites get bigger here are some pics.
IMG_10657.JPG
IMG_10646.JPG
IMG_106113.JPG

IMG_107010.JPG
IMG_10685.JPG
IMG_10676.JPG
IMG_10669.JPG

It got really bushy in the last week, anyone know any good nutes to increase size vertically

id go with blue planer nutrients mate, they do wonders for these plants, id go with the 3part plus bloom booster,

how many lights are you running now, it still looks like the plants are stretching due to low light, how close are the lights, cfls can be withing an inch or 2 of the plants, also the plants look like they need nutes as they look light green so growth will slow while their is nothing in the soil to feed them on.

how often do you water, some of the leaves are drooping, this is a sign you are over watering or under watering, i over watered mine and it badly stunted growth,

I got 2 light on those 2, im flowering them now. The light is making them look light green, I water every 3 days or so. I will post some more pics soon

Back
Top Bottom