Fan leaves in the way

Re: Fan leaves in the way.

You can also use the tuck method if you like. Literally tuck the leaves that are in the way behind a branch or something to add more light to the bud sites.
The main benefit, as see it, to not defoliating is if something goes wrong with yourgirl, the big older fan leaves are first to show signs. And the plant can sacrifice these leaves. If you take all of them away, a little problem can go the the buds faster. If that makes any sense.. :)

if possible i would LST (low stress training) a little and move some branches and stuff over if not then yes cut a few fan leaves off but make sure to cut the ones that will MAXIMIZE light penetration. Don't over do it. There is a few good guides in the forums here that show you how. LST first if not then chop a few down. But you will see a lag in your growth. Fan leaves is where the plants store food.

Wait a few days, in about 10-15 days the plants should have stretched a lot (providing the light is at the right distance and the strain is not too short) and the big fan leaves won't be so much in the way (but still quite a bit) but the plant needs them to stretch and grow so you can have more and better buds.
I'd recommend you to wait about two weeks and then cut a few of them off, the ones that are bigger and most in the way of the light. But leave untouched as many as you can because like COKE420 said, they are little power plants and they do a great good for the plant and the buds.

Good luck and happy growing!

Not really. It is more effective when the girls still have weaker stems. You can manipulate them more if you will. They will always turn towards the light til you chop em. :) So you can be easy and move some branches around to expose them better if you like.
When you gonna start a journal so we can see some more pics? :):):)

Check out these sponsors: 420 SPONSORS
I got my beans from a company that is a non sponsor so Im hesitant to name it.. starts with ATTIT..... I had a problem and they resolved it quickly and I got my beans. :)

Hi Granny :)

Always leaf as many leaves as you can. Just tuck them in.

These are your fans and you wouldn't want to let them down ;)

Fans can be important later in the game, as Spimp said.

They let you know how your team is doing :)

And you can start a journal with bagseed .

Spimp did :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom