First Attempt At Grafting Marijuana

snowskate328

:welcome: Everyone and :thanks::420:

Like the title says this is my first attempt at grafting! I'm really excited. I decided to pick an Aurora Indica clone and graft it onto a Purple voodoo plant. Both of these are mother plants and I really just wanna test out grafting before I start flowering this winter. Hopefully I'll be flowering a lot more strains if I learn to graft.

Here we go.

Aurora Indica first
IMG_25583.JPG
IMG_25596.JPG
Thats the clone I took. With a clean razor blade. I then cut the clone into a point at the end so it would fit nice into its new home in Purple Voodoo.
IMG_25634.JPG

Purple Voodoo
IMG_25616.JPG
Right where I'm going to put aurora indica. I took the razor again and cut a place for it to go.
IMG_25645.JPG
Just enough for it to fit not anymore.

Then I put aurora indica right into the spot.
IMG_25659.JPG
IMG_25666.JPG
IMG_25697.JPG

Next I tapped up everything so it would stay together.
IMG_25686.JPG

Last I sprayed it with some water and put a plastic bag over top of it
IMG_25705.JPG

Hopefully things work out. One thing to note I did not put any cloning gel on it. This could have been a big mistake or it might not have been needed.

Anyways thanks for stopping by. I'll be updating often so stay tuned.

Been wondering about grafting the dern thing... make for a trippy looking plant, maybe? like those cactus @Lowe's... or sumfin'
I'll b stickin' around, hope it worx-- n thanx 4 postin it

... hmmn is a male>female graft possible?!

Survived its first night (6 hours of lights off)

photo_484.JPG

Here is the AC intake and passive exhaust keeps the veg/ mother room at 75-80.
photo_2143.JPG
photo_543.JPG

Fifty gallons of fresh water ready at all times

photo_1173.JPG

Last but not least the wonderful mothers. 3 purple voodoo, 1 facewreak, 1 bubble gum, 1 monster, 1 aurora indica.
photo_3107.JPG

Here in the next 2 weeks Ill be starting the list down below in my signature.

Been wondering about grafting the dern thing... make for a trippy looking plant, maybe? like those cactus @lowe's... or sumfin'
I'll b stickin' around, hope it worx-- n thanx 4 postin it

... hmmn is a male>female graft possible?!

Thanks for stopping by!! I don't see why you couldn't graft male to female. But I have no experience. As for looks, If I can get it down Ill be flowering 6 plants with hopefully 11 different strains in all flowering. Hopefully It works.

looks like i stopped by the right place 2 lern a few things-- haha
male>female thing... was thinking it'd make for an easily containable seed bomb when its time to go off?!? 6plant 11strain grow!? Post it up, hope it takes... 11 strains-- i do the old way... n my 1st gro2 n things r goin SOLID.. so far/so i think lol. I've been looking into the tea thing & lookin to go that route eventually when I run thru the rest of the GH/Humbolt/Biocare ferts... or maybe i should always keep some on hand?

looks like i stopped by the right place 2 lern a few things-- haha
male>female thing... was thinking it'd make for an easily containable seed bomb when its time to go off?!? 6plant 11strain grow!? Post it up, hope it takes... 11 strains-- i do the old way... n my 1st gro2 n things r goin SOLID.. so far/so i think lol. I've been looking into the tea thing & lookin to go that route eventually when I run thru the rest of the GH/Humbolt/Biocare ferts... or maybe i should always keep some on hand?

I would keep using what you are till your ladies are finished. I'll be starting a new journal once I get my new seeds. Hopefully I'll get grafting down so I can do 11 strains and only six plants. Goal is to stay in CO legal limit. 3 for me and 3 for my wife. We love to have lots of strains though so grafting is the solution!!

Once you finish this cycle and start your next grow I would switch to organic tea. I have a pretty good guide in my sig if you wanna check it out. In my opinion, by no means the best way, just best way for me and cheapest way for me too. I have had two successful grows using my method.

I would like to see if this works.

Me too. Time to go check on her!!

Well good news and bad news. Found a few spider mites on 3 plants. Killed the three. Luckly the purple voodoo with the aurora indica grafted is mite free and looking pretty good.
photo_1174.JPG
photo_544.JPG

Here are the surviving mothers. Sprayed down with some neem oil.
photo_2144.JPG
photo_3108.JPG

We took clones about a week ago. Before mites. They are still mite free and looking good.
photo_485.JPG
sorry those have nothing to do with this... just thought i would share.

Tuning in! Hope you make it happen, cause its really hard to accomplish.

First attempt at grafting Diesel to Ambrosia mom

I've tried a few more times, maybe you'll inspire me to try again.:peace:

Reminds me i wanted to try this in my greenhouse, maybe being outside would help?

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope it works out for me but def not expecting it first try. I don't think inside or out would make much difference but I'm not sure. If you do get inspired to try again I would love to see :)

very interested in seing how this goes, have been interested in grafting for a while but not tried it, im wondering how early its possible to start grafting, for instance can you do it early enough to have 2 whole plants growing off the one stem, if this is possible then it would mean using 1 pot to grow 2 strains, cuts the pots down, how ever it would mean a longer veg so its something i need to sort out, so ill be following along and seeing how this all goes

very interested in seing how this goes, have been interested in grafting for a while but not tried it, im wondering how early its possible to start grafting, for instance can you do it early enough to have 2 whole plants growing off the one stem, if this is possible then it would mean using 1 pot to grow 2 strains, cuts the pots down, how ever it would mean a longer veg so its something i need to sort out, so ill be following along and seeing how this all goes

Thanks for stopping in!! I'm not sure how early it can be done. From what I've read it can take 2 weeks for the clone to take to the host so it would def slow down veg time. I'm so excited to be trying grafting. If this one fails I'll be trying again!! And yeah our goal is 6 pots with 11+ strains growing. Six different hosts with five or more branches of other strains. I really hope things work out!

thats what i thought mate, but it would be worth it in the long run, plus i could see this been a great idea for outside growers as they could have a huge plant growing 2 or more strains, its something i am going to try, but ill have to do it indoors due to the country im in cuz my outdoor plants wasnt doing so well when i checked on it last, plus i dont have a garden so its hidden well out the way, but the summer has been crappy so its done it no good at all

thats what i thought mate, but it would be worth it in the long run, plus i could see this been a great idea for outside growers as they could have a huge plant growing 2 or more strains, its something i am going to try, but ill have to do it indoors due to the country im in cuz my outdoor plants wasnt doing so well when i checked on it last, plus i dont have a garden so its hidden well out the way, but the summer has been crappy so its done it no good at all

Sorry to hear your summer hasn't been well. I only grow indoors and flower durning the winter. Free ac. I can't wait to get my seeds and start them! Then graft on to them!! Hopefully

Back
Top Bottom