First Attempt At Grafting Marijuana

Looks interesting, thanks for posting

I wish you luck

Looks nice n green... don't look like she disagrees w/ her host? I'm thinking it'll take... (hope i didn't just jinx u)

You are right she seems to be pretty happy in the host plant. I'm thinking and hoping she will take.

Looks interesting, thanks for posting

I wish you luck

No problem, thanks for stopping in!!

Day 7
Still keep her in the bag and have been misting her once a day. Still lookin pretty good.
photo_1178.JPG

photo_2148.JPG

That's incredible. I wonder if it will yield more/less/same as the mothers. I wonder for plants that require different nutes would do well? Do they become one plant? Well I just found myself some interesting reading and experimenting to do! Thank you for sharing!!

That's incredible. I wonder if it will yield more/less/same as the mothers. I wonder for plants that require different nutes would do well? Do they become one plant? Well I just found myself some interesting reading and experimenting to do! Thank you for sharing!!

From what I have read and seen it will yield just like the mothers. If they require dif. nutes they could have some problems. Yes they become one plant or more like a branch on the plant. Good luck experimenting. Your welcome happy to share!!

Nice, thanks. Ill be sticking around watching your progress. I've got a few girls I could try this with. I just got cloning down so why not try this and the worse that happens If it doesnt take, you top one plant and cut a branch on the other? One more q lol, does it have to be the top or could it be a side branch?

I've been vegging 4 1/2 months (had lots of probs and stunted growth) so patience I have lol. I was going to start flowering this week but i dont know if theyre tall enough to get a decent yield after being stunted for about a month and am waiting for some support from some experienced growers in my journal. I should have started one forever ago!

Nice, thanks. Ill be sticking around watching your progress. I've got a few girls I could try this with. I just got cloning down so why not try this and the worse that happens If it doesnt take, you top one plant and cut a branch on the other? One more q lol, does it have to be the top or could it be a side branch?

I've been vegging 4 1/2 months (had lots of probs and stunted growth) so patience I have lol. I was going to start flowering this week but i dont know if theyre tall enough to get a decent yield after being stunted for about a month and am waiting for some support from some experienced growers in my journal. I should have started one forever ago!

You can put it anywhere on the plant. From what I've seen. If you do try make sure you keep them in veg till it takes. And I would let it veg out so you get a good yield.

Hey snowskate-- can't w8 2 c what's under the tape, did ya take a peek?
checked out ur tea guide n I didn't c how much of each component goes n2 the sock-- or is it 1 of those things that lends itself to just eyeballing' it?

Hey snowskate-- can't w8 2 c what's under the tape, did ya take a peek?
checked out ur tea guide n I didn't c how much of each component goes n2 the sock-- or is it 1 of those things that lends itself to just eyeballing' it?

Too scared to remove the tape. At two weeks I'm going to but I wanna make sure it took.

As far as amounts for the tea. I have dif recipes for mothers, veg and flowering. Everyone has their way and everyone always thinks theirs is best. All I know is mine works for me and I'm sure it could be improved but I can post it for you if you want. It will be awhile. I'm not at home right now.

hey there bro!

good luck on your graft! im sure it will take! :cheesygrinsmiley:

i've spent alot of time grafting fruit trees(pip fruit, stones fruit and roses with the old lady!) having worked in horticulture for a few years and have ventured into grafting cannabis a few times about 10 years or so ago... it worked quite well! what i did was to graft hefty sativa scions/cuttings onto already harvested sativa rootstocks.. i cut the rootstocks right back to about a foot above the ground, trimmed everything off and grafted into where the first tiers were, i used horticultural grafting tape and wax. i did this to 6 harvested mothers and they all took and re-vegged well... as they were already in the ground i set them up with a makeshift hothouse for those frosty winter mornings.. they vegged right throughout the winter and got to a good 12 foot or so by the time they were fully flowering the next season! i would recommend doing this with a good, hearty frost resistent strain and see how you go!

I also experimented with grafting female cuttings into male rootstocks.. once i saw that the male had revealed himself i cut it right back again, to just a stalk sticking out of the ground... i cut a slit into the end of the stalk- as i did above, and placed the female cutting into the male rootstock.. again using grafting tape and grafting wax... it took! but alas due to circumstances i didnt get to see it come to fruition BUT got to see it grow about a foot before i had to move.

you can also try this grafting a really juicy small growing indica onto a big growing vigorous sativa!! that should be interesting... as long as the plants are of the same type its worth a shot i reckon! the main thing i love about grafting is its a great way to keep the 'purity' of that strain without losing anything to generations of taking clones or having to cross different flavours, all good if you have male and females of the same strain though! soon after i started to take cuttings for myself(and discovered seedbanks!) i stopped experimenting with grafting and didnt pursue it as i saw it more beneficial for perennials as opposed to annuals , so i'll be interested to see how you go with your experiments!!

all the best!
:Namaste:

seeings you are an organic man i as wandering if you have ever considered 'bio-dynamics'?? i think you might enjoy biodynamics as a compliment to your organic growing! its a rudolph steiner based method of growing...

regards :Namaste:

Too scared to remove the tape. At two weeks I'm going to but I wanna make sure it took.

As far as amounts for the tea. I have dif recipes for mothers, veg and flowering. Everyone has their way and everyone always thinks theirs is best. All I know is mine works for me and I'm sure it could be improved but I can post it for you if you want. It will be awhile. I'm not at home right now.

cool i can w8 a week, def. would like to c the knot its making to adapt to all this...
sharing your recipes would b GREAT resource for reference n I 4 1 would APPRECIATE it!:thanks:

well dern! thought it woulda took... no harm to the host tho, right? shock, rot?
I decided to try my hand @ brewing a tea-- hope I didn't overkill it using the stuff i have on hand. I got it all bubbling in 2gal.of water.
2tsp. Jamaican bat guano
2cups Ancient Forest
2cups worm castings
1cup ProMix BX
20ml Hi Brix Mollasses
30ml GH Flora bloom
20ml HumboltHoney
I'll be feeding 1plant tomorrow @1/4 strength to see how she does. How long does it take the tea to go bad? or does it?

well dern! thought it woulda took... no harm to the host tho, right? shock, rot?
I decided to try my hand @ brewing a tea-- hope I didn't overkill it using the stuff i have on hand. I got it all bubbling in 2gal.of water.
2tsp. Jamaican bat guano
2cups Ancient Forest
2cups worm castings
1cup ProMix BX
20ml Hi Brix Mollasses
30ml GH Flora bloom
20ml HumboltHoney
I'll be feeding 1plant tomorrow @1/4 strength to see how she does. How long does it take the tea to go bad? or does it?

The tea can start going bad at anytime if it doesn't have enough air. But -after 36 hours you have a high risk. I don't think you overkilled it good luck

No harm to the host.

hi mate, grafting didnt work then mate, i was interested in seing the results as i will be trying it myself very soon,

you know this tea well i tried something with one of my plants, i had 2 clones taken from the same part of the mother plant, both was the same size, now i decided to use tropical fish tank water instead of tap water on the one, so the one has had tap water and bpn and the other has had fish tank water and bpn, and the results are shocking, the plant fed tank water is further in flower, bigger and looks a whole lot better than the tap water fed plant, ive not used the tank water on all my plants yet as i want to test the buds first, but so far its looking like the tank water is a great feed for these plants.

the tank water is full of nitrates and nitrites, and most fertilisers are made up of nitrates so clearly their is some benefit to the plants, ill keep using it till harvest and once ive sampled the buds i might use it on all my plants, all been well the buds will be just fine, but the tank fed plant has got bigger buds and is further in flower then the clone that is fed water and bpn,

Back
Top Bottom