First Ever DWC PC Grow Journal

I see. Well right now my levels are basically touching the hydroton, and the rockwell cube is soaked but still hard in the hydroton. I saw roots yesterday coming out of the side of the rockwell cube and some now dangling sorta on the bottom of it as well. below are pics of what she looks like now. Maybe lower the water level now? I mean literally the first layer of hydroton is submerged in the water base with bubbles coming up above it, and the rockwell cube is ontop of that first layer.

photo_copy_19.JPG

Yha man you want to look at Miwa's grow he has going and he has pics of what you want,

You want the bubble to be just BELOW the bucket so the bucket isnt summerged in the water, the idea is that when the bubbles burst they will splash the roots with water/oxegen

Morning guys,

JLT thanks for the link, looked into it. So this morning i checked on her, she looks amazing. I took some top, side and full view pictures. She looks as if shes grew over night some leaves, and now some little things are coming out the sides of the branches, almost like hairs, so cool! Im going to change the res today. This is my first res switch. I bought a gallon of distilled water. Last time i used tap for the plant this time ill be using distilled. Im going half strength again on nutes. I will be mixing all the nutes in a Cup then pouring it in to the res. Stirring it up then checking the levels of the ph. Once good im gonna put her back in. This time around ill fill it to the brink of the net pot allowing the Bubbles to hit it, and the roots to start growing down. I bought the Temp Gage from the local petco, so now i know what the temp is for the water. Im going to start building the SCROG piece tonight with two pieces of wood and string. Anyways, comments are always welcomed! Thanks again guys for stopping by!

MJ

P.S. what could the spotting potentially be from? any thoughts? and the tips seem to be burned.

photo_copy_221.JPG
photo_copy_211.JPG
photo_copy_231.JPG

i wouldnt look too much into the spotting atm, looks minor, keep an eye out if it spreads to diffrent leafs, leafs can die off early to be replaced with healtier ones, you could just cut it off if you want. Alot of it could just be caused by the stress from moving all over.

scrog screen you can make but i wouldnt try to use it for a while you want this to get alot thicker befor you can even use it fully.

i wouldnt look too much into the spotting atm, looks minor, keep an eye out if it spreads to diffrent leafs, leafs can die off early to be replaced with healtier ones, you could just cut it off if you want. Alot of it could just be caused by the stress from moving all over.

scrog screen you can make but i wouldnt try to use it for a while you want this to get alot thicker befor you can even use it fully.

Sounds good. I might just cut off the leaves so she doesnt keep pushing to it. Giving it growth to others. The Scrog screen i was thinking of just building so when ready in a couple weeks its ready to go.

Im already subbed and have you thought of doing some LST as you may start running out of space soon, and doing it whilst they're still small and growing makes it much easier.

Head over to my grow and check it out too feeling a bit lonely over there i want more chatter :p

Im already subbed and have you thought of doing some LST as you may start running out of space soon, and doing it whilst they're still small and growing makes it much easier.

Head over to my grow and check it out too feeling a bit lonely over there i want more chatter :p

Gonna head over there now. I was thinking of doing LST and starting at the end of next week, but I was told to wait until its a little bigger. Maybe two weeks. Im going to build the SCROG Net tonight when i do res change. How do you train? have you had any experience? I've heard of Branches breaking and have to cast them. Thoughts?

Hey guys,

So I just did my first Res Change. I had an extra storage container so i foiled that up, put the Temp gage on it and Filled it with Distilled water that i had put in the Fridge (VERY COLD) then added the Go Box Organic Nutes in half strength again (Next week going full Strength) did manual Ph. I now have it about roughly a little less then a inch away from the Net Pot. I can finally see a Root at the bottom of the net pot when i pick it up. She's smelling minty and great! Still no ppm and ph meter came in. Im calling store to see whats up. Shes starting to grow some hairs on the sides of the branches and another set of leaves are starting to poke out of the top! Thinking another week tell i start to see crazy progress! Anyways below is a pic. Update tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by again.

securedownload24.jpeg

Morning guys

Day 8 Veg! She's growing, its only a matter of time im hoping until she starts to get huge, and I can start the LST! Still dont have any roots dangling around yet. Its very foamy the solution today and the BUBBLES are def getting to the Rockwell cube im supposing fr. She looks healthy! check it out! Also im about to do another set up right next to her. Its roughly a 1.5x 1.5x 7 feet, just a little shoe shelf that i'll be turning into a 5 gallon DWC. Im going to do 4 120 CFMS CPU fans, 2 intake at the bottom with two out take at the top. Ill be installing a very thin pvc pipe in all four corners, with 4 clip on fans. Then i will be Foiling up the area with a hot glue gun. Im looking into a Chinese Made UFO Light and getting yo yo's to hang from the top, and adjust, also Going to be cutting up a old hockey bag for the zipper and material to enclose it off. so i can zip down and peak in. I was thinking of buying some LED t5 strips (List links of the Lights below) For the corners, leaving no light problems, then doing a SCROG screen maybe even two, attaching to the PVC Pipes. Anyways guys. Ill def be keeping updates as i go, and Post pictures of the construction of that.

t5 Light
LED Strip Grow Lights Tri Band Full Spectrum Floro T5 VEG Bloom Tube Flowering | eBay

Ufo
135W UFO LED Grow Light Full Spectrum 3W Flower LEDs Hydroponic Grow Lamp Panel | eBay

Of Course The Baby

photo388.JPG
photo_copy8.JPG

Guys,

Shes starting to burn on her new leaves, and brown spots are starting to occur gradually through the leaves crevices, any idea what this is? Could it be the transition from tap to Distilled water? I read that it could be nute burn. I mean i adjusted the PH levels yesterday and let it sit overnight until doing the PH this morning. The PH was at a aqua state which was above the 8.0 i brought it back down to the 5.5-6.2 area. My Meter is back ordered, the local hydro store said they cant refund me (Which is bullshit if you ask me) so im probably flying with the PH Up and Down kit for this cycle.

1) i did like the 135 watt UFO light but its true power consumption is only 80watt.
the company also makes a 180 watt UFO
180W UFO LED Grow Light 8SPECTRUM LEDs Hydroponic Plant Pro LED Grow Lamp Panel | eBay
whose true power consumption is 96W-103W.
they also make 2 others i would consider
New 2012 200W LED Grow Light 64pcs 3W for Indoor Plant House Hydroponic System | eBay
whose true power consumption is 110W-118W.
and New 2012 120W LED Grow Light Red Blue 8 Band Flowering Plant Grow Light Panel | eBay
whose true power consumption is 96W-103W.

i do like the company's usage of 3 watt protective diodes and its warranty. if i was not already using t8 4 foot fluorescent and 400 watt mh/hps and 1000 watt hps lights i would consider purchasing lights from this company. i also use up to 4x26 watt cfl for my cloner.

2) i would avoid the led t5 light as it uses low power leds and would not have enough penetration.

3) i would change the solution in your reservoir. i believe the stress you are seeing is due to ph fluctuation.

King John,

Thanks my man. I actually went to my hydro shop, guy is cool so i brought pics. He said immediately you have Slime, im telling you i know you have slime. So he basically said i was ridiculous for trying the Organics, when i was a beginner. He said to take home Micro Gro and Bloom of GH flora series. he asked if there were roots i said yes but i told him they were tiny. He said the bottom of the Rockwell cube is probably a little fucked up, and probably has Some slime on there too. He told me not to worry but to go buy purified water, make sure it was cold, then to immediately go home, create a whole new container, and pour in the purified water along with the nutes. He said to make sure ph levels were good, and then he wanted me to put the rockwell cube in first, then hydroton around this time. He said if there are any roots and they are small at the bottom, they will be stretching even harder to hit the nutes. He told me to make sure it was a inch away at least and to half strength on all and i just did everything. I hope she makes through this tough one. He started recommending me additives, but I couldn't purchase until i asked around. So John, and guys suggest any additives that would go good.

Guys, sorry for being out for a little bit. Taking care of Some Family stuff. Anyways its been roughly 14 days now ive had her. Now roots are crazy a week after adminstering the GH Series on Agressive veg. She looks healthy, growing and im about to start LST. Making it tonight. Changed the Res out and put a better reflective material on it. Also changed the white tubes to black. My PPM PH METER never came in, instead the guy felt bad at the local hydro shop and gave me a brand new Blue Labs Guardian Meter, omg holy shit this thing is awesome. HE also gave me a gallon of PH UP and Liter of PH Down and calibration stuff. Real cool. Anyways look below!

photo402.JPG

Hey Guys!

About to take some pictures tonight. Anyways Yesterday i put the scrog in. She is definitely growing in size, so I thought it was time. I researched a couple blogs and forums to see different scrog techniques. I ended up bending a piece from a Shoe rack giving it angles. I found that this is the best way to maximize growth in such a tiny space. Went back to the local hydro store. They asked me how i like the Guardian meter. I told them i loved it, and i thanked em very much. He asked me how the plant was doing, i told him great, he said that due to the nute switch i should look into vegging 3 more weeks, and growing as much as i can before the switch. Anyways. Looks like 3 more weeks from next monday tell i goto 12/12 ! pics soon. Also ill list my new setup later. Its a 4x4 with 2 300 Watt LED flo n grow 6 site!

Holy Shit!

The Root system is fucking Insane now! Im so excited she looks so much healthier and everything. GH Flora 3 Part Series was a definite Savior. Check pics below for scrog. I would imagine that having the plant clone for roughly 17 days or so, it would be bigger being in hydro, but maybe because of the Switch in nutes and having root rot it took a little bit of a process to dev a root system? Could that be the case of the shortened growth? Just a thought. In all the Roots have completely taken off now.
photo_3167.JPG
photo_2207.JPG
photo_1240.JPG
photo-186.JPG

Alright Guys!

SHE IS GOING WILD! 3 more weeks of veg from tomorrow and im switching to 12/12. I keep hearing you need to have the scrog net half full then you switch. Any suggestions! Also i might get some additives for the Bloom stage suggestions please! Shes so pretty. anyways give you a update tomorrow. Ph is 5.8 Temp is 74. Everything is going great.

photo422.JPG

Back
Top Bottom