First Grow - Micro PC Box - CFLs

ballistic789

So after a long thinking I decided to finnaly get over my "I can't grow something" mindset I decided to start small and not go for a big plant and big yield yet. Just practise and I was hoping the community could help me thru my journey.

2x 40watt cfls 6400k
2x 15watt cfls 2700k
1exause fan conected on a 12v laptop charger
Soil- tested ph soil with home made organic compost
Nutes- no idea yet.
Box-normal desktop pc box
Seeds- got like 200 diffrent bagseeds hahah so have no idea abt the genetics

I don't expect even 12grams its just for the learning and fun of it

Was thinking maybe to lst and top with a screen thingy? To keep the plant low as the box is only 42cm high so won't be vegging long

Will update fotos as much as I can

grow box
IMG-20140306-00305.jpg

and my lil baby 1 day old
IMG-20140306-00304.jpg

tx for the guide ricorico :p will update tomorow on growth

IMG-20140310-00314.jpg
is this stretching normal?? its only 3 days old you cn see the start of the 3rd set of leaves only starting to come up now. its under 110wats of cfl mixed spectrim more blue than red and only between 2-3 inches away from lights? is this normal or am i just being a over protective parent?:helpsmilie:i heard alot about this comunity and have been reading hundreds of grow journals on here and you guys are deflintly pro:Namaste: so please help me thru this one i am a absolute BEGGINER and dont wana mess it up

Hi Ballastic789,

Subscribed:

I'm one of Virgingrowers followers on his journal & popped by to take a look. Your seedling looks fine. Keep the lights as close as possible to prevent it from stretching. With CFL's you can go down to almost touch the plant. Do not let it touch though! I know you are dealing with limited space, so right now you want to keep the seedling small and try and get really tight nodes. To keep your plants from getting tall, you are going to have to train her to grow short and wide. You can use LST/Supercropping and Toppiing techniques. As soon as her stem is stable enough, I'd bend her immediately 90 degrees to the side.

I don't know what type of strains you have and what their genetics are, but hopefully you have a strain that likes to be trained. How big is your pot?

No need for "Nutes" right now, your little baby won't need any for 3 to 4 weeks.

Good Luck!

Thanks so much man! Yea its a indica (long ass leaves) that's all I know haha wil move it up to 1.5inches. Got a lot of airflow so think they wil be ok. I know topping and lsting but what's supercropping lol?

Its one of those icecream containers not that deep but deepish but really wide I planted her on the one side so I can lst her 90 degrees to the other side to use up all the space I can.. I hope that works! Lol

That looks about right to me. Maybe just a tad bit stretchy, but that could just be the strain genetics. You really dont have anything to worry about right now. Later on in veg stretch can mess you up , but that can always be fixed by super cropping. Light distance can effect stretch also. So playing with the height of the light you can find the right distance that will give slower vertical growth and bushier horizontal growth. I wouldn't worry about that right now let it add a couple more nodes before you play with it. just keep doing what your doing

That looks about right to me. Maybe just a tad bit stretchy, but that could just be the strain genetics. You really dont have anything to worry about right now. Later on in veg stretch can mess you up , but that can always be fixed by super cropping. Light distance can effect stretch also. So playing with the height of the light you can find the right distance that will give slower vertical growth and bushier horizontal growth. I wouldn't worry about that right now let it add a couple more nodes before you play with it. just keep doing what your doing

What's suppercropping? Lol is that like lst? Of like topping?

Supercropping is just pinching a branch by breaking the inner membrane in order to promote newer growth. You just squeeze and bend at the same time. You'll actually feel the inner membrane break. You do not want to break the branch off though. You can do that when you plant becomes a little older.

If you are going to Veg right away, why not flip right now to a 12/12 light schedule?

Back
Top Bottom