First Grow, Help! Up pot? Prune?

MrAnxiiouz

I have a couple questions.

1. My plant is getting bushy and I wonder if I should start defoliating/pruning it?
2. Is it time to transplant into a 5GALLON pot?
3. I want to start flowering it very soon, how should I go about that? Should I flush then transplant?

Attachments

• AA930360-F641-46A7-B49F-E5A749E795D8.jpeg
    AA930360-F641-46A7-B49F-E5A749E795D8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
  • ACD3CD82-C9D0-4413-B6FE-76355355B62F.jpeg
    ACD3CD82-C9D0-4413-B6FE-76355355B62F.jpeg
    788.5 KB · Views: 92
I'd transplant to either 5 or 7 gallon pots. Trim all the crap off the bottom 8" - 10" along with any twig branches. Tie back the branches as far as they'll go & let it veg a couple more weeks before starting flower. You'll get more yield, bigger colas & a lot less popcorn bud this way.
If you defol only remove leaves that don't have a leaf growing out the stem on the other side of it.
If it's just 1 leaf on the stem & there's no leaf on the other side of it ... cut it off.
You don't need to flush unless you are getting a bad nute burn.

More or less if you see 2 leaves growing next to each other leave them alone as they are bud sites.
If there's just 1 leaf without a leaf next to it cut it off. Read an article on the proper way to defol on either GWE or 420 website. I've been doing it this way my last couple of grows & I went from 4.5 oz. per plant to 10.5 oz. per plant. I did Top twice & LST the whole grow to make it happen.
4-Afghan.JPG
4.JPG
1.JPG

I'd transplant to either 5 or 7 gallon pots. Trim all the crap off the bottom 8" - 10" along with any twig branches. Tie back the branches as far as they'll go & let it veg a couple more weeks before starting flower. You'll get more yield, bigger colas & a lot less popcorn bud this way.
If you defol only remove leaves that don't have a leaf growing out the stem on the other side of it.
If it's just 1 leaf on the stem & there's no leaf on the other side of it ... cut it off.
You don't need to flush unless you are getting a bad nute burn.

Okay, I will transplant into a 5 gallon. Should I defoliate the leaves off the main colas? I have branches forming from each cola. I will keep some, but will take out the ones I see are weak and aren't doing too well.
Thanks

I try to leave as many as possible till close to harvest time. I mainly just clean up the bottoms like you see in my pics just before I start to flower & I keep trimming anything off that grows back in those areas. The leaves are like solar panels providing the electric to the plant in a manner of speaking (photosynthesis). They supply nutrients to the bud sites. So if you have plenty of air flow going through your plants there is no need to defol. You really want to only do it to prevent bud rot.
You can get plenty of light to the bud sites by tying back branches, leaf tucking & minor defol.

Back
Top Bottom