First Grow - Hydro - CFL Cabinet

Everything is good, most important is not to let that baby roots dry nor drown em. Just put cubes with babies in to net pot, add substrate of your choice around it and fill your tank with plain water up to level, where water barely touches bottom of your net pot. You do not need to let everything drown, it will be very bad for your young plants. Bubbles from your aerator will keep cubes enough moist, till root finds it's way to water. Plant knows well, that water is found deeper, so it always finds a way there, no matter that it is still very small and needs to bypass few inches deep with it's roots, do not worry :)

CrunchieGreen since you are doing DWC i dont know what your funds are like but i would recommend a product called Aquashield to add to your reservoir. Its a beneficiary bacteria that eats bad things away and helps with root growth. It keeps root rot and algae away! You may be able to find it at a hydro store if theres one close to you. I had to order mine and for shipping and all it was like $17 and saved my plants life...
:thumb:

Same with michorize fungi, or some special agrobacterias, highly recommended. It really will boost your plant's roots and prevent from nasty root rot, which can kill your plant very fast. If available - add michorize fungi as soon as possible, while phosphor levels are still low. Do your research about these things, it is worth it, of you go hydro and you will love this method, when you will see how your plants go crazy and thrive!

Thanks guys, I'll definitely get on to it.. Iv got my water level just under the bottom of my buckets, I put down about 2-3inchs of expanded clay then put my seedlings in and filled then rest of the pot. Will the plants get water or should I water from the top as well ? I'll try get a photo up tonight.

Hmmm you sure they are not 3 inches deep also? Never seen a netpot thats 6 inches deep and 3 wide?

You are doing a dwc/drip correct? Isnt it going to drip from the top anyways? Make sure you have some airstones in your reservoir going to give it oxygen!

Just to clarify you did put the whole rockwool cube in the netpot right? Make sure you cover to top of the rockwool completely with the expanded clay. That way you wont get algae growth on your rockwool cube. And yea i would take a dropper or something and put a few squirts of water on the top about 1 or 2 times a day? You should see roots in a day or so.

What kind of bubble system do you have for your reservoir?

Give us some pics when you get it setup please!!
:thumb:

You do not need to water your cube constantly. If it is wet when you put it in place and surround by clay pebbles - just give a time and plant will put it's root to the water. Keep the water in level, that it not reaches your cube, this is important. Better, if it not reaches your clay pebbles, as these will rise your pH till you go crazy. Just assemble everything, water a little and leave it. If in couple of days root is still not outside of net pot - water a little again. If it is - just put everything to the place and monitor your pH, after good week add mild amount of nutes and enjoy the show :) Again - you do not need to pour water on cubes constantly - it may kill a baby. Small plant needs very small amount of water.

Transferred it all into my cabinet today, set up the 2 125w cfls, just a quick put together with things around the house. Picked up my digital ph meter as well which has made things a lot easier.

Here's a few pics.. sorry about the lights.
IMAG017327.jpg
IMAG017220.jpg
IMAG017121.jpg

Back
Top Bottom