First Grow - Hydro - CFL Cabinet

Sounds good! A few things to keep in mind and might help you:

How are you going to fill the reservoir and check PH and PPM daily

How are you going to do reservoir changes when your whole cabinet is plants.

What training method are you going to do. If you scrog it you cant move the lid or the reservoir because the plants are grown threw the net.

Wished these questions would have come up when i was starting out lol...

The third hole is easily uncovered so I can fill, check ppm and ph through that, but the others have got me thinking now, I might do a water change in a week while they are still young and add a 20mm valve down the bottom, the problem with that is this plastic is crap and cracks easy when drilled. I'll be going with scrog, if I have a valve they wont need to be moved at all to drain or fill.

Cheers for the help hunter, definitely some thing's to think about now rather then later.

I was actually thinking that indica, Iv got a pump sitting here that would work perfectly..

Here's some pics guttamane, I just added a third one.

1-
IMAG017423.jpg

2-
IMAG017619.jpg

3-
IMAG017517.jpg

1. Is the plant I just added which to me looks the healthiest, nice and green long first set.
2&3 look a bit dull and burnt with small first sets, anyone know what could cause this ?

I wish i could help you man , i feel way under certified to give assistance but my babies looked similar and i waterd them less and in 2 days they looked much better

I was actually thinking that indica, Iv got a pump sitting here that would work perfectly..

Here's some pics guttamane, I just added a third one.

1-
IMAG017423.jpg

2-
IMAG017619.jpg

3-
IMAG017517.jpg

1. Is the plant I just added which to me looks the healthiest, nice and green long first set.
2&3 look a bit dull and burnt with small first sets, anyone know what could cause this ?

a: are they getting nutrients yet? if so i would be making sure they are very weak dose.
b: the lights(even though cfl)are prob a little to close for such young plants, remember seedlings are usually shaded by larger plants in nature. only my opinion mate .
c: make sure they are not over watered ,make the roots come out of the rockwool and into the clay balls then step up the watering.

Cheers indica, no nutes yet but I did give them a little bit before I put them into the big res so I think they might be trying to get over that. The lights are big so I might back them off a bit. Sounds like my res water level is to high, roots are into the pebbles but not out of the pot yet but the pots a getting pretty wet.

Woke up this morning and found the tips are starting to go brown :( I moved the lights up a bit, checked PH which is sitting at 6, I'll lower the water level when I get home. The other one is doing great and I have 2 in soil doing good, I might have to transfer them. These 2 aren't looking good at the moment.

Your water level should be right on your netpot.. Once the roots come out you can lower it to 1 inch below the netpot.

Brown tips indicate that they have nute burn. No nutrients are needed for seedling stage and should not be introduced until around 3 sets of REAL leaves(around 2-3 weeks).

Back
Top Bottom